04-01-09, 04:20 PM   #1
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Post Minimap moved/missing

By default Carbonite moves your minimap into the Carbonite map as an overlay.

If you would like to restore your original minimap functionality please follow these steps:
Right-click on the Carbonite (C) button and select ‘Options’
Select ‘Map Minimap’
Uncheck ‘Move Minimap into Carbonite map’

Update:

Version 3.0+ will ask you if you want to move the minimap into the Carbonite map.

Last edited by Haavok : 04-01-09 at 04:23 PM. Reason: cleanup

04-03-09, 10:37 AM   #2
sxizzor
A Kobold Labourer
Not working. I've logged out and back in, reloaded WoW, reinstalled Carbonite, unchecked all other addons. It works just fine for one account, I even tried loading the exact same addons on both of them, but it won't for my other.

04-15-09, 11:50 PM   #3
Ceonalas
A Defias Bandit
I too am having the same issue...it worked earlier today...now my little square minimap is gone and nothing i do brings it back

Edit:after several tries at what you suggested...i got it to return temporarily...but its still spotty at best.

Last edited by Ceonalas : 04-15-09 at 11:56 PM.

04-16-09, 02:04 AM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The "Move Minimap into Carbonite map" option is either off or on. It does not change itself. After you change it and reload, open the options page again and check the setting. If it is not how you last set it, then your addon settings are not saving, which is a folder permissions or read-only problem.

Also disable all other addons and test it, since it may be a conflict with another addon.

Settings Wont Save:

Addon settings are saved by the game when you log out. Many people have had that problem with Warcraft in general, Vista makes it worse and it normally effects the entire game, not just a single addon.

On Vista, right click the shortcut you use to start the game and select "Run as administrator". If that makes the settings save, then it is a permissions problem.

On XP, right click the shortcut you use to start the game and select "Run as...", click "The following user" and set the user name to Administrator.

If that makes the settings save, then it is a permissions problem.

The WTF folder may be Read-only. You can right click the WTF folder in the World of Warcraft folder, select Properties and make sure it is not set to "Read-only". You could also rename the WTF folder to WTFold and see if it starts saving.

04-17-09, 09:02 AM   #5
waae
A Kobold Labourer
"If you would like to restore your original minimap functionality please follow these steps:
Select ‘Map Minimap’
Uncheck ‘Move Minimap into Carbonite map’"

When ive done this my video settings goes rampage making it unplayable. Looks like im the minimap and zoomed in like 1000times.. And the same thing happens when i unable the carbonite addon or when i remove it completly..

04-17-09, 11:27 AM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by waae View Post
When ive done this my video settings goes rampage making it unplayable. Looks like im the minimap and zoomed in like 1000times.. And the same thing happens when i unable the carbonite addon or when i remove it completly..
I have done those steps hundreds of times over the last year and it does a simple reload and the minimap is either in or out of the Carb map.

Sounds like you have some weird video problem. Reboot and test. If still happens, then try exiting the game, renaming WTF folder to WTFold, run game and test it.

04-17-09, 12:40 PM   #7
alliepooh989
A Murloc Raider
When is asked me if I wanted the minimap and the carbonite map to be together I said yes, as the new thing was loading it kicked me off WoW completely. The only way I can get on and play WoW is if I uncheck the Carbonite addon. I really enjoy this addon, but WoW won't let me play any of my characters now with it on. What should I do? I've uninstalled the addon on several times already and it still isn't working.

04-17-09, 01:17 PM   #8
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Read http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=22372

04-17-09, 03:01 PM   #9
Muggsmanmuggs
A Kobold Labourer
mini map / radar fixed

Originally Posted by Haavok View Post

If you would like to restore your original minimap functionality please follow these steps:
Select ‘Map Minimap’

Update:

Version 3.0+ will ask you if you want to move the minimap into the Carbonite map.

It totally worked for me on the recently updated Carbonite. No problems whatsoever, it even restored a few quests that were previously not showing up. Perfection. Thx.

04-29-09, 07:12 PM   #10
Nocturna
A Fallenroot Satyr
Confusion?

There are two issues being (confusingly) discussed and intermingled in this thread. One issue is the disappearance (or, failure to appear) of the square Carbonite minimap, and the other is the disappearance of the WoW (round) minimap because it has been incorporated into the Carbonite minimap by user option.

The issue I'm having is that the Carbonite minimap (the square one that sits near the bottom-left of the screen by default) will not appear no matter what I do. "Move minimap to Carbonite minimap" is NOT checked. In the past (previous releases of the addon), pushing M once toggled the Carbonite minimap, pushing it again hid the Carbonite minimap and displayed the main Carbonite map (if the "hide minimap when main map displayed" option is checked.) This was perfect.

Now, with the latest release, this no longer happens. Pushing M just displays the main Carbonite map. I can't get the Carbonite minimap to appear no matter what I do, no matter which options are checked or unchecked. Meanwhile, the WoW minimap displays and works as always.

I have tried this with Cartographer enabled and disabled, and it makes no difference- I get the same "no Carbonite minimap" behavior. I am not running any other addons which seem that they would interfere with Carbonite- I'm running only Karthus' Hunter Timers, Omen, Deadly Boss Mods and Recount.

Does anyone have any specific hints or troubleshooting suggestions on this? I purchased the Carbonite addon package (not just Carbonite Quest, the whole package) several months ago and have been pleased with it until this problem arose.

Thanks

04-30-09, 01:28 PM   #11
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Nocturna View Post
The issue I'm having is that the Carbonite minimap (the square one that sits near the bottom-left of the screen by default) will not appear no matter what I do. "Move minimap to Carbonite minimap" is NOT checked. In the past (previous releases of the addon), pushing M once toggled the Carbonite minimap, pushing it again hid the Carbonite minimap and displayed the main Carbonite map (if the "hide minimap when main map displayed" option is checked.)
The Carbonite map is never called a minimap. Blizzard calls their radar map the minimap. Doing so to ours would be confusing. Small or large, our map is the same map, just with a different size and location.

The Carbonite small map position/size may be off screen, tiny, under another frame or it is set as being hidden. Is "Hide maximized map when ESC or map toggle (M) key pressed" checked on the Map page of the Options window? You can also press M, then right click the map window border or title and select "Reset Layout".

04-30-09, 02:58 PM   #12
Nocturna
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
The Carbonite map is never called a minimap. Blizzard calls their radar map the minimap. Doing so to ours would be confusing. Small or large, our map is the same map, just with a different size and location.

The Carbonite small map position/size may be off screen, tiny, under another frame or it is set as being hidden. Is "Hide maximized map when ESC or map toggle (M) key pressed" checked on the Map page of the Options window? You can also press M, then right click the map window border or title and select "Reset Layout".
Excellent, concise information! Thank you! I just went in-game, pressed M to toggle the Carbonite map, right-clicked the top border and clicked Reset Configuration- and got the small Carbonite map right where it is supposed to be!

Unfortunately, pressing M again produces the maximized map, pressing it again hides both maps, and pressing it a 3rd time just gives me the big map again- there is apparently NO way to get the small map to come up OTHER than toggling the big map with M, then "Reset Configuration," which is a clunky way to do it at best, and too time-consuming and tedious to do on a regular basis every time I want the small map. So I have lost the cool and effective functionality I want and had before- M once for the small map, M again for the large map, and the third M drops the large map back to the small map.

"Is 'Hide maximized map when ESC or map toggle (M) key pressed' checked on the Map page of the Options window?" Yes, it is- that's what I want the maximized map to do when it is open and I press M: I want it go away. Whether that means "close" "dock" or "hide," I have no clue. But I'll go play with that option to see if I can get the M key to act like it used to act with previous releases.

I will go back in-game and play with all the options one at a time until I get what I used to have, or die of frustration and/or boredom. I wish there were some "plain English" translation of what each option actually does. Telling me "Dock this or Hide that" is confusing to my non-tech-guru brain because I don't understand the *precise* meaning of the terminology used in the option text or the tooltips- it seems that understanding these terms requires a fore-knowledge of how the addon works, and I don't have that knowledge.

Thanks again for your response, at least I have the beginning of a clue where to look and what to spend hours fiddling with. Plus, I can get my small map to show up now, even though the "Reset Config" process is less than convenient.

Last edited by Nocturna : 04-30-09 at 03:05 PM.

04-30-09, 05:14 PM   #13
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Nocturna View Post
"Is 'Hide maximized map when ESC or map toggle (M) key pressed' checked on the Map page of the Options window?" Yes, it is- that's what I want the maximized map to do when it is open and I press M: I want it go away. Whether that means "close" "dock" or "hide," I have no clue. But I'll go play with that option to see if I can get the M key to act like it used to act with previous releases.
That is the problem right there. When that option is off, Esc or M causes the map to get small again instead of hiding.

05-03-09, 04:02 AM   #14
Lantone
A Kobold Labourer
Just out of curiousity .....

Does anyone have a addon called Mappy as well?

I'm also having the issue where, from what I gather from trial and error, Mappy expands and ends up taking over the screen. If I disable this addon all is well (except for on my main, who never had Carbonite activated). It all worked well until I used the "move minimap into Carbonite map" feature on one of my toons. Now my main has this constantly issue with the minimap being epanded where I would normally be able to see people, yet I can still click on em. Even if I deleted the wtf, cleared the cache, repaired, deleted mappy and carbonite (mappy or carbonite also) - it still yields the same end on my main.

I attached two pics to the post to show you what it looks like on the rogue, an alt. It might be what waae was refering to and yes I have two issues here though I believe they are most likely Mappy related and will post it to that author as well.

Ty alot for you time and the effort you have put into it. I really enjoyed - hope this blizz policy change doesn't hurt ya'll too much. It would be such a shame for another great addon to go stale.

**edit** The only thing I didn't do was reinstall the game cause I , stupidly, didn't have the backup. Well I went ahead and installed the game, Mappy and Carbonite - just didn't click the option to merge when it askes and all my chars are back to normal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbonite_only.jpg
Views:	1549
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	2602  Click image for larger version

Name:	Mappy_carbonite.jpg
Views:	1926
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	2603  

Last edited by Lantone : 05-03-09 at 04:10 AM. Reason: See **edit**

05-03-09, 04:54 PM   #15
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You cannot use two addons that are both trying to control a frame like the minimap. Either mappy is controlling/changing it or Carbonite. Both would lead to random results.

07-04-09, 05:44 AM   #16
khoinoor
Premium Member

Minimap issue

Originally Posted by Haavok View Post

Select ‘Map Minimap’

Update:

I've followed all suggestion in all post here and there around forum but my issue is not fixed yet. When I hit M buttom for open the bigger Carbonite Map and then I hit it again for come back to the smaller one (or either hit ESC button) the big Carbonite Map hide but the small one not show where it should be. Already checked all option and them all are marked or not as suggested..
What can i do for let small Carbonite Map appear when I hide the big one?

07-04-09, 08:39 AM   #17
Mycroftxxx1
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I think you hit 'M' again and it acts like a toggle on the small map. May not be totally accurate but I do know it is a way to get the little map back.

07-23-09, 11:44 AM   #18
BioBrain
A Defias Bandit
save setting?

Is there a way to save carbonite minimap setting like a profile, so i can use it on another alt char?

Like icon lock setting, minimap transparency, position, map size & every other detail. Tx

07-23-09, 01:19 PM   #19
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by BioBrain View Post
Is there a way to save carbonite minimap setting like a profile, so i can use it on another alt char?
The method to do that is to open the Warehouse (chest icon on map) and right click a character and use the menu to import from that character or export to all other characters. That transfers most settings. You can also select the Reset page in the options window and click "Import settings from a character", which does the same thing, except you can also choose your characters from other servers.

08-04-09, 08:47 PM   #20
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by sinokreal View Post
since the new patch 3.2 came out today i went to your website to download the new Carbonite add on update.
I followed the instructions for my Mac and installed the new folder into my Interface/addon folder in the wow folder in the applications. Replaced the old folders with the new 3.2 Folders for carbonite.
But in the screen where you pick your characters and look at the addons its says out of date. What do i do?

Also My old mini map doesnt work either.
check off the box that says "load out of date addons" and you should be good to go.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap moved/missing