09-21-13, 05:21 PM   #1
jbag
A Defias Bandit
Objective not in database/watchlist/tracking problem

Hi, I've been having this problem for a long time now, I think since MOP was released. Abut 90 percent of the time, none of the newer quests I have will show at the top of the watch list, and if they do, they are red and say 'objective not in database' providing me with no guidance information whatsoever. I have looked around and tried almost everything I can think of to fix. I Was using the release version. I'm currently using the 5.4.0 Alpha 1 r1, after removing all .lua and other carbonite files from addon folder. I wonder if this problem happens to everyone or just me and my friends who also have been trying to fix this.

09-25-13, 08:14 AM   #2
Drakonis5056
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I am running into the same issue carbonite worked for a short period of time after I installed it then after about a days worth of play then all of the sudden all the new quests popped up saying not found in data base I also cleaned out my cache and still no change I have had this problem on going for the last couple months and I have had no feed back on how to fix this in game or on the forum !!!

09-26-13, 07:06 AM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Carbonite works, IIRC, off its own internal database of quests. Newer quests don't get into the database until Rythal has time to update it. If he doesn't have time, it doesn't get updated. The only "fix" for this kind of thing is to update the database. I'm pretty sure you can't just use Blizzard's API for quests, because not all the information Carbonite displays is available through the API. In particular, all the pretty colored areas on the map that tell you where to find quest objectives aren't available. IAC, using the API would require a rewrite of the quest module. I suspect that's on Rythal's list somewhere, but it's a long list and other things are probably more urgent.

09-26-13, 08:49 AM   #4
Drakonis5056
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I understand this but the issue I am having is that all the quests I am currently doing were showing up in the database then all of the sudden everything went red and said out of database this is what I am having trouble trying to understand why one min they were there the next they are gone.

09-26-13, 11:22 AM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Actually that was one of the first things I did with carbonite was to make it use blizzards data if it's internal database was missing information, and also to use blizzards quest blobs knowing that with the rewrite of everything, I was not going to have time to do the quests.

If it is still saying not in database, it's because blizzards quest data was incomplete for it, or it's not being picked up properly for some reason.

09-26-13, 11:05 PM   #6
Drakonis5056
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Is there a fix to this problem or is it best to wait till u have time to look at the code to see what is going on and then offer a suggestion to get it working again I really count on carbonite and i am having withdrawls with the loss of all my quests....Thank you for your response to this post

09-29-13, 06:56 PM   #7
jbag
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Drakonis5056 View Post
Is there a fix to this problem or is it best to wait till u have time to look at the code to see what is going on and then offer a suggestion to get it working again I really count on carbonite and i am having withdrawls with the loss of all my quests....Thank you for your response to this post
What he said. There's not much else to do but turn Carbonite off entirely and use the default system. Not even close to cool. Thanks for the replies. Turned out the same as the other answers I've gotten from searching the forums however. No dice! Oh well. Carbonite was the coolest. Cheers

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Objective not in database/watchlist/tracking problem