01-27-09, 12:23 PM   #2541
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

A couple of days ago I decided to join a 40-man raid to raid the Alliance (I'm Horde) cities and kill the bosses for the achievement "For the Horde".

I had my usual arsenal of addons, and obviously my beloved nUI (latest version).

The 40 of us gathered at the lake just underneath IF and charged straight ahead into battle and rushed for the boss in IF. Unfortunately, as soon as we got in front of the boss and the first amount of action started taking place, my frame rate dive straight to 1 FPS for a couple of frames, and after that took around 15 seconds (with me not able to move or anything) and got disconnected from the server. I duly reloaded and as soon as I got in, I got disconnected again. Remembering that some people have had issues with nUI in raids, I disabled it (and only it) and ran x-Perl instead (I had it installed and set up just in case something like this happened). I had no FPS or disconnection issues with that.

Having said that, I have run 10-man raids with nUI without any problems at all. I've not had the chance to try out the 25-man raids however, so I can't tell you if that gives problems in my case or not.

I've decided to use sRaidFrames for my raid layout.

Just thought I'd bring this to your attention.

Oh - we managed to kill the bosses with very few casualties and I finally got rid of my damned ugly chicken mount!

01-27-09, 01:07 PM   #2542
Tegarbah
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I got a couple quick comments.

1. I have used the 'enable UI scale' from day one of NUI and have never had a problem. I always keep it scaled down as low as possible. Things have never 'blown up' for me.

2. Currently, about every third cast or so with my fire mage, my casting bar, both by my portrait and in the hud, disappear until it about 5/6 complete. Then it suddenly appears again. Not a huge deal but can be annoying when in an instance and trying to gain as much time as possible with latency.

Thanks again for the great UI!

01-27-09, 01:58 PM   #2543
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What other mods do you use with nUI?

I'm curious what would happen if you did the same thing with everything EXCEPT nUI disabled. Do you still get that frame rate problem? If you get a chance to test that out, I would really like to hear the results as I try and track down why it is some people have this problem and others do not.

Originally Posted by iljott View Post
A couple of days ago I decided to join a 40-man raid to raid the Alliance (I'm Horde) cities and kill the bosses for the achievement "For the Horde".

I had my usual arsenal of addons, and obviously my beloved nUI (latest version).

The 40 of us gathered at the lake just underneath IF and charged straight ahead into battle and rushed for the boss in IF. Unfortunately, as soon as we got in front of the boss and the first amount of action started taking place, my frame rate dive straight to 1 FPS for a couple of frames, and after that took around 15 seconds (with me not able to move or anything) and got disconnected from the server. I duly reloaded and as soon as I got in, I got disconnected again. Remembering that some people have had issues with nUI in raids, I disabled it (and only it) and ran x-Perl instead (I had it installed and set up just in case something like this happened). I had no FPS or disconnection issues with that.

Having said that, I have run 10-man raids with nUI without any problems at all. I've not had the chance to try out the 25-man raids however, so I can't tell you if that gives problems in my case or not.

I've decided to use sRaidFrames for my raid layout.

Just thought I'd bring this to your attention.

Oh - we managed to kill the bosses with very few casualties and I finally got rid of my damned ugly chicken mount!

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-27-09, 02:25 PM   #2544
Sloth
An Aku'mai Servant
We just raided Alli yesterday (25 man)
And i had 30-40 FPS all the time

Heres my Addonlist:
Swatter, v5.1.3952 (SnaggleTooth)
Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.130
Bagnon, v1.6.2
BagnonForever, v1.1.1
BeanCounter, v5.1.3952 (SnaggleTooth)
Configator, v5.1.DEV.130
DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.130
DrainSoulTimer, v1.2
FishingAce, v0.4.2i
Informant, v5.1.3952 (SnaggleTooth)
MalygosHelper, v$Revision: 2 $
MobMap, v315
nUI, v4.14.00 (Beta)
nUIInfoPanelStats, v1.00.00
nUIIronLeather, v1.00.00
Omen, v3.0.5
QuestGuru, v0.9.7
RatingBuster, v
Recount, v
Soultimer, v
Stubby, v5.1.3952 (SnaggleTooth)

01-27-09, 02:36 PM   #2545
Tamsiel
Premium Member
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Here's a very interesting post from the nUI comment board at Curse.com...

I'm really curious if any of the other folks having FPS issues also happen to be using ArkInventory?
Removed ArkInventory here (replaced with bagnon), did a clean install, added the rest of my addon's, and nUI is running like a champ now

01-27-09, 02:51 PM   #2546
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Tamsiel View Post
Removed ArkInventory here (replaced with bagnon), did a clean install, added the rest of my addon's, and nUI is running like a champ now
Sweet!

That's the second person who was having serious FPS issues that we could trace back to ArkInventory.

I'm going to have to take a look and see if I can figure out what the conflict between ArkInventory and nUI is.

01-27-09, 03:34 PM   #2547
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

What other mods do you use with nUI?

I'm curious what would happen if you did the same thing with everything EXCEPT nUI disabled. Do you still get that frame rate problem? If you get a chance to test that out, I would really like to hear the results as I try and track down why it is some people have this problem and others do not.
Unfortunately I didn't have time to experiment while on that particular raid, but I'll do my best to get into a WG battle and experiment while there. At the moment I'm writing this from my mobile phone so I don't have access to my PC to list my addons but I'll be able to to that tomorrow. I definitely don't have ArkInventory or any other one-bag addon. I know that nUI should take care of many of my addon needs but I'm a self-proclaimed addonaholic.

I'll try my best to use nUI on its own and add mods one by one.

Thank you very much for your awesome mod and support. You actually offer more support than some of the suppliers I pay for at work!

01-27-09, 05:35 PM   #2548
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Tamsiel View Post
Bummer, I love my ArkInventory.

01-27-09, 08:17 PM   #2549
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Sweet!

That's the second person who was having serious FPS issues that we could trace back to ArkInventory.

I'm going to have to take a look and see if I can figure out what the conflict between ArkInventory and nUI is.
Scott - still getting random FPS issues with the JC vendor in Dalaran...and noticed it too in Wintergrasp with the token vendor.

Marth

01-27-09, 11:48 PM   #2550
Gremriel
A Fallenroot Satyr
For all you people disconnecting at raidbosses and having fps drops, try reading some posts in Blizzard's Technical forum. There's a host of people complaining about these issues, which seem to have nothing to do at all with nUi.

As a matter of fact, last week, after patch 3.08 was released, we had half the raid dc at every pull on the very first boss in Naxx25, and I was the only one using nUI. It was so bad we had to call it.

My bet is Blizzard screwed something up with the latest patches.

01-28-09, 12:55 PM   #2551
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I switched from Fire to Arcane and I am noticing that during my rotation I use arcane missiles which is a channeled spell. Many times per boss fight the casting bar is going blank while channeling so I can't tell when the channel is going to end. Is anyone else having problems in raids with the nUI casting bar disappearing during channeling spells?

Jungle

01-28-09, 03:28 PM   #2552
Sloth
An Aku'mai Servant
That happens to me with everyy other spell, when I press the button twice.
The castbar will disappear.

But I don't have problems while channeling

Last edited by Sloth : 01-28-09 at 03:34 PM.

01-28-09, 03:30 PM   #2553
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
That makes sense because I am a spamming machine. I am spamming the nUI castbar into a state of unconsiousness.

Jungle

01-28-09, 03:30 PM   #2554
tarl
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Jungleanimal View Post
I switched from Fire to Arcane and I am noticing that during my rotation I use arcane missiles which is a channeled spell. Many times per boss fight the casting bar is going blank while channeling so I can't tell when the channel is going to end. Is anyone else having problems in raids with the nUI casting bar disappearing during channeling spells?

Jungle
same to me though i play druide and while i channeled hurrican

01-28-09, 04:50 PM   #2555
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by tarl View Post
same to me though i play druide and while i channeled hurrican
This sounds like a bug in the event handler... the spamming is probably doubt casting the spell and the cancel of the first spell and cast of the second are probably overlapping in a way that the whole thing is just getting canceled by nUI even though it's still live in the WoW world.

I'll add it to the known issues list.

01-29-09, 10:02 AM   #2556
Irhunterx
A Kobold Labourer

Got this UI yesterday and so i'm loving it, my only problem is that the action bar and buffs are slightly too small for me, is there any way of changing this?

Seen on page one /nui scale but it doesn't seem to be in the latest version and i'm terrible with these things, any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks again for the neat UI .

01-29-09, 11:24 AM   #2557
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Irhunterx View Post
Got this UI yesterday and so i'm loving it, my only problem is that the action bar and buffs are slightly too small for me, is there any way of changing this?

Seen on page one /nui scale but it doesn't seem to be in the latest version and i'm terrible with these things, any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks again for the neat UI .
At present there's really no easy way to change the size of bars and buttons. This is a feature that will be coming sooner than later, but until then the only option you have would be to edit [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Buttons > nUI_ButtonBar.lua ] and manually change the button size in the configuration at the top... which you will have to re-edit each time you update nUI until I get full layout and skinning support implemented.

And thank you for the kind word.

01-29-09, 01:51 PM   #2558
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Just some random thoughts....

I wonder how many of those reply's to common questions Spiel has pasted in notepad? hehehe

Have you ever tried going to NUI.com? I have... LOL

I still really believe that many of the problems people are having, icluding myself, are do in large part to the server load issues blizz is having. Peak times are always worse. Larger raids are always worse. Wintergrasp can be a nightmare. And the randomness of it all is enough to drive you crazy. I will be having a good day with no lag, excelent fps, etc and out of the blue everything will just go to hell. A relog will then usualy improve it. And while it may be that some issues can be improved through the tweeking of nUI, troubleshooting is like trying to diagnose a vibration issue in your car while driving down a road filled with potholes. Until the potholes are fixed.... well, you get the idea.

I also notice as well that i can stave off these issues for a longer period of time by reducing the number of addons i am running. For example running nUI alone i can go for around 4hrs or so w/o any issues. The amount of time i can go before a relog is needed seems proportional to the number of addons i am running. With that said there are a few addons i consider must have. FreeRefills - autobuys reagents, Scrap - autosells junk in bags, Clique - one click spell casting, Autobar for easy access to food etc, Omen3, GuildEventManager, and PerfectRaid - to sub for soon to be implemented 25man raid frames.
Many other addons i like to run but am doing w/o these days to keep issues down such as recount, combuctor, AH addons, cartographer, and the hog of all hogs QuestHelper.
not for pleasure
but for survival

01-29-09, 11:32 PM   #2559
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I'm pretty convinced WoW 3.0 has a memory limitation problem with mods now. The closer your mods get to 100meg, the closer WoW comes to grinding to a halt... and it all ties back to the garbage collector as best as I can tell.

Originally Posted by spiritwulf View Post
Just some random thoughts....

I wonder how many of those reply's to common questions Spiel has pasted in notepad? hehehe

Have you ever tried going to NUI.com? I have... LOL

I still really believe that many of the problems people are having, icluding myself, are do in large part to the server load issues blizz is having. Peak times are always worse. Larger raids are always worse. Wintergrasp can be a nightmare. And the randomness of it all is enough to drive you crazy. I will be having a good day with no lag, excelent fps, etc and out of the blue everything will just go to hell. A relog will then usualy improve it. And while it may be that some issues can be improved through the tweeking of nUI, troubleshooting is like trying to diagnose a vibration issue in your car while driving down a road filled with potholes. Until the potholes are fixed.... well, you get the idea.

I also notice as well that i can stave off these issues for a longer period of time by reducing the number of addons i am running. For example running nUI alone i can go for around 4hrs or so w/o any issues. The amount of time i can go before a relog is needed seems proportional to the number of addons i am running. With that said there are a few addons i consider must have. FreeRefills - autobuys reagents, Scrap - autosells junk in bags, Clique - one click spell casting, Autobar for easy access to food etc, Omen3, GuildEventManager, and PerfectRaid - to sub for soon to be implemented 25man raid frames.
Many other addons i like to run but am doing w/o these days to keep issues down such as recount, combuctor, AH addons, cartographer, and the hog of all hogs QuestHelper.

01-29-09, 11:40 PM   #2560
vinevyn
A Defias Bandit
Firstly I just want to say this is a great ui.

One thing i'd really like to see is the unit frames take on a xperl style with larger health bars to make it easier to see. Also with the hp text and mana text held within the bar instead of above it.

You may or may not like this idea, but if i don't ask ill never know.

P.S Joined this forum pretty much to say thanks for the good work

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement