08-04-09, 08:50 PM   #21
sinokreal
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nocturna View Post
There are two issues being (confusingly) discussed and intermingled in this thread. One issue is the disappearance (or, failure to appear) of the square Carbonite minimap, and the other is the disappearance of the WoW (round) minimap because it has been incorporated into the Carbonite minimap by user option.

The issue I'm having is that the Carbonite minimap (the square one that sits near the bottom-left of the screen by default) will not appear no matter what I do. "Move minimap to Carbonite minimap" is NOT checked. In the past (previous releases of the addon), pushing M once toggled the Carbonite minimap, pushing it again hid the Carbonite minimap and displayed the main Carbonite map (if the "hide minimap when main map displayed" option is checked.) This was perfect.

Now, with the latest release, this no longer happens. Pushing M just displays the main Carbonite map. I can't get the Carbonite minimap to appear no matter what I do, no matter which options are checked or unchecked. Meanwhile, the WoW minimap displays and works as always.

I have tried this with Cartographer enabled and disabled, and it makes no difference- I get the same "no Carbonite minimap" behavior. I am not running any other addons which seem that they would interfere with Carbonite- I'm running only Karthus' Hunter Timers, Omen, Deadly Boss Mods and Recount.

Does anyone have any specific hints or troubleshooting suggestions on this? I purchased the Carbonite addon package (not just Carbonite Quest, the whole package) several months ago and have been pleased with it until this problem arose.

Thanks
I to have a similar effect going on my interface. I hit the letter "M" on my keyboard and niether the map comes up, i mean by map the area map or the little map.
I right clicked the carbonite button and tried hiting the show map part, and guess what NOTHING!.
so whats the deal?

FYI i have a mac.

08-04-09, 08:55 PM   #22
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by sinokreal View Post
I to have a similar effect going on my interface. I hit the letter "M" on my keyboard and niether the map comes up, i mean by map the area map or the little map.
I right clicked the carbonite button and tried hiting the show map part, and guess what NOTHING!.
so whats the deal?

FYI i have a mac.
Carbonite and WoW version you are playing on?

08-04-09, 08:57 PM   #23
sinokreal
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Carbonite and WoW version you are playing on?
never mind it fixed when i loaded out of date addons ty guys DOnation time

09-28-09, 05:20 AM   #24
Amagin
A Defias Bandit
Mini Map keeps disappearing

I have my Carbonite minimap - love it. Whenever I press the M key to see the world map, the minimap goes away and I have to press the minimap button @ top right to get it back,
This is a total pain when farming herbs etc. Why does it go away and how do I get it to stay there until I tell it to go

10-01-09, 05:26 AM   #25
lOwt
A Defias Bandit
hi guys when i press M i have this prolem:

Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:10401: attempt to index field 'Map1' (a nil value)

i try to press right-click on shortcut but nothing happens.....help me

10-04-09, 10:15 AM   #26
dreday420
A Kobold Labourer
my map doesn't work

hey have downloaded the newest version of carbonite and now have don't have the map in longer what can I do to get the map back? thank's for the help?

Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
By default Carbonite moves your minimap into the Carbonite map as an overlay.

If you would like to restore your original minimap functionality please follow these steps:
Right-click on the Carbonite (C) button and select ‘Options’
Select ‘Map Minimap’
Uncheck ‘Move Minimap into Carbonite map’

Update:

Version 3.0+ will ask you if you want to move the minimap into the Carbonite map.

10-08-09, 10:10 PM   #27
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by lOwt View Post
hi guys when i press M i have this prolem:

Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:10401: attempt to index field 'Map1' (a nil value)

i try to press right-click on shortcut but nothing happens.....help me
Are you using a French client? Is so, then read this http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27469

10-08-09, 10:14 PM   #28
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Amagin View Post
I have my Carbonite minimap - love it. Whenever I press the M key to see the world map, the minimap goes away and I have to press the minimap button @ top right to get it back,
This is a total pain when farming herbs etc. Why does it go away and how do I get it to stay there until I tell it to go
There is only one Carbonite map. When you press the M key, the map window just gets bigger. Pressing M again moves and sizes it back to how it was. The game minimap, if set to be inside the Carb map, will still be in the Carb map regardless of what size it is.

10-08-09, 10:15 PM   #29
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by dreday420 View Post
hey have downloaded the newest version of carbonite and now have don't have the map in longer what can I do to get the map back? thank's for the help?
Which map? The Carbonite map or the game minimap? The instructions you quoted tell you how to separate the game minimap out of the Carb map. If the Carb map is hidden, then press the M key.

10-10-09, 07:41 PM   #30
Amagin
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
There is only one Carbonite map. When you press the "M" key, the map window just gets bigger. Pressing "M" again moves and sizes it back to how it was. The game minimap, if set to be inside the Carb map, will still be in the Carb map regardless of what size it is.
THanks Fataal, I appreciate your input. What I want is my mini map to sit on screen, I press "M" to seee the larger size, then pressing "M" again, returns to the mini map.
How do I do this? Is it in the settings somewhere. At the moment, pressing "M" a second time makes the whole map go away but I have to click the icon on top right of my screen to get the mini map back. This is a pain, an extra action, usually at times when I don't want them.

10-17-09, 01:28 PM   #31
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Amagin View Post
What I want is my mini map to sit on screen, I press "M" to seee the larger size, then pressing "M" again, returns to the mini map.
That is the default, so it must be disabled. Right click a non icon area of map, select Options and make sure "Hide maximized map when ESC or map toggle (M) key pressed" is not checked.

It could also be a Carbonite key binding. Make sure "Toggle None or Max Map" keybinding is not set to the M key.

05-16-10, 12:06 AM   #32
Gearspark24
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation See what you can do

Am having problems with the minimap and I have used all the options in minimap

This is what am dealing with

I end up with two minimaps so lets try checking the show the minimap name plate options.....

Now we don't have a calendar and that's what I want to have without the second minimap that show in front of the original let me show you what I'm talking about

This is what happens if we do there's a map on the map I believe this is the original map that's on top but the buttons are free as you can see what I was trying to do this was done with no addons and it still happen
Please note that the docked options did change the position of the first minimap the circle one

08-21-10, 12:46 PM   #33
metalmight
A Fallenroot Satyr
@Gearspark24: If I understand you correctly you want to hide the original WoW minimap while still seeing your minimap buttons. You can download an addon called Minimap Button Frame which will capture your minimap buttons. Then go into Carbonite menu and highlight Map Minimap. Uncheck the box for Show Standard Minimap Nameplate. Now the minimap is hidden and your minimap buttons are visible.

@carboniteaddon: I have a similar problem to the one in this thread. First of all the setting Hide maximized map when M or ESC is pressed doesn't make sense. A user would expect the maximized map to be hidden when the M or ESC key is pressed. What actually happens though is that the small map is also hidden when this is checked and M or ESC is pressed. Anyway after reading this thread I unchecked it and now I can toggle between the maximized carbonite map and the small carbonite map with a key binding. However if I don't have access to my keyboard for one reason or another I can right click the carbonite minimap icon and select Show Map. This shows the maximized version of the map. When I want to go back to the small map and resume I have no choice but to click the X in the upper right hand corner of the maximized map. The result is that it hides the maximized map but also the small map is gone. It would be nice if there were a box next to the X in the upper right corner that would be a toggle just like in windows operating systems to maximize or restore. Thank you for your time.

08-21-10, 06:48 PM   #34
Chmee
A Molten Giant
The map is a window. By default the window starts out open, but minimized. By default when you click on M the map expands to full size. The key is a toggle; hit it again, and the window shrinks.

The minimap (there is only one) is a different thing. By default, iirc, all Carbonite does is take the buttons that Blizzard (and addon authors) normally put around the minimap and put them in a single long vertical window (which can be seen in one of the screenshots above).

You can dock the minimap inside the carbonite map, which means you'll not have two windows for mapping open at the same time.

You can, I believe, turn off the "minimap button list" function in carb, in which case if the minimap is not docked, the buttons will again display around it. I'm not sure what happens if the minimap is docked, to be honest.

08-22-10, 02:03 AM   #35
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
You can, I believe, turn off the "minimap button list" function in carb, in which case if the minimap is not docked, the buttons will again display around it. I'm not sure what happens if the minimap is docked, to be honest.
The buttons will, in that case, display around the merged minimap, inside the Carbonite map.

01-29-11, 10:51 AM   #36
Dedhorse
A Defias Bandit
Odd occurrence with one toon of 13 toons:

One toon's map will not show details of area when doing a mouse-over. It only shows detail of where the toon is and has been for previous 3 areas.

Steps taken to correct:
1. Options > Reset > all reset options exhausted (with reload ui done on each option)
2. Options > Reset > tried to import settings from toon that doesn't have issue > reload ui
3. Renamed Carbonite.lua > Carbonite.lua.ba2
4. Deleted WoW\Cache folder

Carbonite version: 4.034
Wow patch ver: 4.0.3a

Thanks in advance,
-Ded

01-29-11, 01:09 PM   #37
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Close the Blizzard zone map (SHIFT + M).

01-29-11, 03:11 PM   #38
Dedhorse
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Close the Blizzard zone map (SHIFT + M).
That's the gravy.

The zone map was hidden behind Recount.

Thanks for the assistance.

Regards,
-Ded

01-30-11, 05:27 AM   #39
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Any time.

02-11-11, 11:52 AM   #40
mozz90
A Murloc Raider
I have a huge problem..Today i was doin my weekly arenas and as always i disabled Carbonite(don't ask me why,i just preffer normal wow minimap for arenas and raids)..after this i normally re-enable Carbonite but when the UI was reloaded a ugly map came out lol let me explain you,if i decide to separate original wow map and carbonite one it's all Ok,but when i try to merge'em a &%&/$ mess appears on my map. I've tried to reset my settings,delete carbonite/reinstall/repair but nothing worked. Here you are some screens obviously i don't play with the map in the middle of the screen,it was just to make it more viewable

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap moved/missing