03-10-10, 03:43 PM   #1
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

Tiny Windows - Any Addons for this?

Hey,

So, I upgraded my Video Card to match my TV abilities - so now i have shnazzy HD; and was forced to use a RGB connection for like 2 weeks till I was able to get a cord shipped from newegg (since its like 75% cheaper lol). Anyway; I got my ui setup; nui looks great with the 1920x1080 Resolution. And with TipTac I can scale my tooltip windows.

However; All my windows are TINY. Like REALLY TINY. I know that the "UI Scale" function does make those bigger; but it also makes NUI+ bigger which I dont want.

So I was curious if anyone out their with a similar HD setup or Large Monitor setup; knows of any addons that will let me scale the windows. Like the character window, talent window, achievement window etc..

Just curious; would like to scale those separately than the whole thing with the ui scale function

PS-> I threw this in community chat cuz its not really any sorta bug/tech problem.. just need some suggestions

Last edited by marioinfinity : 03-10-10 at 03:44 PM. Reason: PS
03-10-10, 05:14 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You should be able to scale the UI using the slider in the Video settings. Initially it will mess up how nUI looks, but nUI should fix itself right after a "/nui rl".
03-10-10, 05:20 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I actually go the other route and use the games ui Scale at 60% / 0.6 as on my screen 1440x900 the UI just seems to take up too much room. nUI however seems to be irrelevent to that setting.

But, mageports does use that setting to determine the font size to use so that it doesn't look too small when the scale is small.
03-10-10, 05:58 PM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

nUI ignores the UI scale option in the video settings and always fits itself to the current resolution... the "Use UI Scale" feature in the WoW video settings applies only to the windows and dialogs that WoW creates rather than the ones nUI creates.

When you change the scale, nUI can't see that you did, so nUI's scale gets temporarily messed up. As soon as you do a '/nui rl' it will recalculate the layout and you'll be back where you were for nUI but have the new scale for everything else.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/
03-10-10, 08:40 PM   #5
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

Ah.. Okies. Thanks

Guess I coulda tried that.. grr lol
03-10-10, 10:09 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Rofl, yeah, I was trying for ages to find someway for it to be recognised automatically but nope. The uiScale slider isn't recognised as a changed value by the game. But, the uiScale check box and the rest of the option window pretty much does. So, if you have the uiScale checkbox not checked you can check it and use the scale and it should auto reload the UI otherwise like Scott said you will have to yourself.
03-10-10, 11:37 PM   #7
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Rofl, yeah, I was trying for ages to find someway for it to be recognised automatically but nope. The uiScale slider isn't recognised as a changed value by the game. But, the uiScale check box and the rest of the option window pretty much does. So, if you have the uiScale checkbox not checked you can check it and use the scale and it should auto reload the UI otherwise like Scott said you will have to yourself.
Hehe. I'm starting to wonder why their isn't an if/and statement for when i post here..

if user=marioinfinity and posting=true then print <Did you try to use /rl ui or actually read what your posting?>

lol .. man its always something simple i miss.. ugh
03-11-10, 04:47 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Rofl.

Don't worry. It's always the simple programming bugs that stump me. I end up getting my brother to take a look and he will usually notice that I put something stupid like if ( a = 2 ) instead of if ( a == 2 ) rofl. And then he does the same when he gets stumped by something. Sometimes a fresh look at something helps
03-15-10, 04:25 PM   #9
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Just in case you still wanna tweak things individually MoveAnything! should do the trick for you it works with all the default Blizz windows as well as some custom ones. Enjoy
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...eAnything.html

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » General » nUI: Community Chat » Tiny Windows - Any Addons for this?