12-30-09, 02:11 PM   #1
Widget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Character profiles

Does Carbonite support individual character profiles for different settings? If so, I can't find it.

12-30-09, 05:25 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yes it does. Each toon is automatically saved on a per toon basis. You can load settings from another profile, modify the current toon you are logged into, and very likely more that I haven't used yet, lol.

12-30-09, 05:27 PM   #3
Widget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Yes it does. Each toon is automatically saved on a per toon basis. You can load settings from another profile, modify the current toon you are logged into, and very likely more that I haven't used yet, lol.
Any time I make changes, if I log onto another character, the changes are reflected on that character also... so I don't know what's going on...

12-30-09, 05:32 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's odd. Personally, I like to have all my toons setup the same way, namely so I don't get confused. I normally have to setup one toon, then visit the Options screen and go to the Reset heading and import the settings to each character as I log through them. That's the only way I've been able to get identical settings on all my toons.

There may be an option that I myself don't use that keeps the profiles separated. I'm not sure on that though.

What are you modifying that is changing both your current toon and your others?

12-30-09, 10:54 PM   #5
Widget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Well, I've tried the minimap attachment... I've reset the addon on one character and it reset all of them...

12-31-09, 05:03 AM   #6
Widget
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I also can't figure out how to enable/disable this specific feature:
When you hit M, it cycles between big map, small map... mine is just going big map, no map...

12-31-09, 07:22 AM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

For your map, double check the settings in Options under map or minimap. There's a checkbox that says something about hiding the map when either M or the X is used. Should be near the top If I remember correctly.

03-20-10, 08:34 AM   #8
goodolandy
A Kobold Labourer
Profile Location

Anyone know where Carbonite stores the different character profiles? I just redid my computer on a bigger drive and figured copying the entire add-on folders over would also bring my character profiles but I was wrong. :-(

Andy

03-20-10, 09:04 AM   #9
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Profiles are data. Data are kept in the SavedVariables folders in your wtf folder. There are, I think, a couple of different carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak files in those various folders. I'm not sure which one has the profile info. Might be per character, might not.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Character profiles