Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
11-28-10, 07:25 AM   #1
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To All "DataBroker Displays" Authors

If you're not an author of a DataBroker display, don't bother reading.

I'm just here to alert authors that one of my addons should break most of DataBroker launcher displays. Why? Until now, DataBroker has only been used for two dataobject types: "launcher" and "data... data... whatever.

The thing is: my addon is using databroker to share other kinds of information. So, if your display is not checking for the dataobject type (.type), or assumes that, if an object is not a "launcher" then it's a "data whatever", it's going to start displaying launchers that do not exist, or simply start trowing out bugs.

As requested, here is what the addon does and what object types it creates/uses:

The addon is Cornucopia. The closest existing addons to it are probably the old & dead Bongos3 or Dominos. So, it lets you configure your interface trough bars (until now, nothing new).
Now here is the big difference: it does not have his own "bars". It comes with a small set of bars that I already have done (all alpha stage), but the bars are provided by registering a dataobject with the "Movable Bar" type.

And it also uses DataBroker for other functionalities. Mostly has an example, the Minimap bar uses "themes" registered trough the library. And I might use it in more situations: fonts, backdrops,... anything that can be shared between addons is a possibility to me.

Last edited by jaliborc : 11-28-10 at 01:30 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » To All "DataBroker Displays" Authors