01-02-09, 09:19 PM   #1
jiggles87
A Defias Bandit
Post UI & ADDON --> Noob Enquiry

G'day all,

Been playing wow for a while now, and never felt the need to have a custom interface, however times change. :P

I have browsed a number of interfaces from this site and decided the most effective for me will be Mazzles UI - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-MazzleUI.html .

However, as i am a noob to the interface side of things, i was wondering if you have to use the addons that the UI provides, Best example is Omen3 is a Mazzle utilised Addon, but i would prefer to stick with Diamond Threat Meter, Is there any way to swap and choose?

Any advice will be helpful

Regards,

Jiggles87
01-02-09, 09:34 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
MazzleUI was never updated to 3.0 and doesn't currently work. But, generally with a UI, you can swap addons in/out at your discretion.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-02-09, 09:36 PM   #3
jiggles87
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
MazzleUI was never updated to 3.0 and doesn't currently work. But, generally with a UI, you can swap addons in/out at your discretion.

Thanks, Its good to hear i can swap macro's in & out, Pity Mazzle's isn't currently working though.

01-02-09, 09:46 PM   #4
Oniichan1
A Kobold Labourer
If you want a UI that works basically like MazzleUI, though it -does- look different I recommend ArkiveUI. It has autobars (self arranging action bars) like Mazzle's and various other features (a class specific "Mazzifier" as an example) similar to MazzleUI. But unlike MazzleUI, the addons aren't modified, so it is relatively simple to swap them in and out as you please without causing problems.

it can be found at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-ArkiveUI.html
01-03-09, 12:20 AM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by jiggles87 View Post
Thanks, Its good to hear i can swap macro's in & out, Pity Mazzle's isn't currently working though.

Give nUI a try. It is by far, imho, the best UI on WowInterface, and is by far better than Mazzle ever was.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info9108-nUI.html
01-03-09, 12:24 AM   #6
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

And if you like the actual look of MazzleUI, I suggest taking a look at FreshUI
Widescreen version
Normal version
1280x1024 version

Alternatively, if you want something easier to set up, maybe nUI is something for you.
Get it here

EDIT: damnit silenia you beat me to the nui recommendation
01-03-09, 01:34 AM   #7
jiggles87
A Defias Bandit
Extension

OK, so know i'm home and i decided on Spartan UI.

However have ran into an issue with only one addon. "Diamond Threat Meter"

Now after trialling a number of different threat addon's (Omen, Pitbull, etc) I settled on Diamond being the best.

Any ideas on how i can get this one to work? It would be bloody brilliant if i only have to get use to a new UI, rather than adding a new threat meter to the mix.

Regards

Jiggles87
01-03-09, 02:54 AM   #8
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by jiggles87 View Post
<snip>
Now after trialling a number of different threat addon's (Omen, Pitbull, etc) I settled on Diamond being the best.
<snip>
PitBull is not a threat meter, it's a unitframe addon
01-03-09, 10:10 AM   #9
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

What exactly is the problem when attempting to add Diamond Threat meter?
01-03-09, 01:20 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
PitBull is not a threat meter, it's a unitframe addon
PitBull displays threat as reported by LibThreat (though, iirc, hasn't been updated for 3.0)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-03-09, 01:44 PM   #11
Phanx
Cat.

You don't need LibThreat-anything under WoW 3.0, so it will never be updated. It looks like Diamond Threat Meter hasn't been updated for 3.0 either, and to be honest, it's always been pretty terrible. Not only was it an incredible resource hog, but since it didn't communicate with other clients, it was impossible for it to ever be accurate, since there are things that cause threat or modify threat that are only detectable by each player's own client (like refreshing Sunder Armor, for an example), and cannot be detected from someone else's client.

Your best bet is to get Omen3. It uses the threat API made available by Blizzard, so the threat values it shows are always the exact threat values being used by the game itself. As a result, it does not require syncing, combat log parsing, or anything else, and is quite resource-friendly. It's also very customizable visually, so you can make it look like DTM if that's what you want.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » UI & ADDON --> Noob Enquiry