02-05-15, 07:51 AM   #1
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Carb vs Blizz Mini

If this issue is already in here, I apologize...but after reading thru 2/3's of the posts and not seeing one related, I started a new thread.

Anyway, everything is working great with the new update version, and it is a wonderful feeling to have carb back again! Guess you never fully realize just how great and wonderful something is until it is taken from you for an extended period, and you have to be content with sub-standard alternates.

There is one 'issue' (?) however, and I'm not sure if it is me or something I missed. I remember that is the previous version you could always have the Blizz mini-map in you upper right quadrant of your screen, but could hit M to bring up the carb map, where you could plot courses, look for places, etc.

With this new version, I have the blizz map, but attached to it is the carb map. If I close, they both close. If I use the M key, they both open. (If this is confusing, I will try to get a screen print later)

Is there a way to maintain the blizz mini while bringing up the carbonite map? I did the convert on install, and everything is still at default settings for now.

Thanks
02-05-15, 12:11 PM   #2
Svegan
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I have the blizz mini, and carb main. Shown below are the options to make that happen.

Right click on C select Options, Click the + to open carbonite, click on Maps, then in window to the right, click Map Options. Use carb instead of Blizz is checked, Center Map is checked (my preference, not required), next three are left unchecked by me, and Move worldmap data and close map instead of minimize are checked.

On the Minimap Options Tab, I have the following.
Dock minimap indoors and dock minimap in bugged zones are checked. Docked minimap shape is square is also checked.

Go, Have fun, and don't break any anvils with your rubber mallet again.
02-05-15, 01:19 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If I read this correctly (something that may, or may not, have happened) you want to have the Blizzard minimap but DON'T want the Carbonite minimized map. (YES, I emphasized "minimized" for Carbonite's small map because Carbonite only uses one map and maximizes, or minimizes, it to fit the situation.)

Open Blizzards Interface options and press the "+" sign that is on the right side of the "AddOns" list to open up Carbonite's Options. Go down to the "Maps" sub-heading and click it to open the map options. On the top of the "Maps" window you will notice three (3) tabs: "Map Options", "Minimap Options" and "Minimap Button Options".

Open the "Minimap Options" window. The first option on the page is "Combine Blizzard Minimap with Carbonite Minimap". Make sure this option is NOT CHECKED. If it is, then UNcheck it.

Next, go to the "Map Options" window. Go to the seventh (7th) option down the page. This is the "Close Map instead of minimize" option. Put a check mark in the option box for this option. Doing this will close the Carbonite map instead of minimizing it. No Carbonite minimized map in your interface anymore.

Let Carbonite reload the interface when it wants to. There are certain options that the interface has to be reloaded after changing them, so let Carbonite do it.

If you are getting the Blizzard World map and Carbonite's maximized map opening at the same time, open the default key-binding interface. Go down to "Other" and click it to open it. Make sure you have a key-bind set for the first binding in the Carbonite key-binding options. "NxMAPTOGORIGINAL" is the first option.

Set that and you should be good to go.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-05-15 at 01:31 PM.
02-06-15, 10:10 AM   #4
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

@Jeffy162....I think that you may have misunderstand partially what I was trying to accomplish.
I like to use the Blizz mini-map in the upper right quadrant for several reasons, one being that icons, like mail, is there to notify me. In previous editions I was able to keep the mini, but when I clicked the M key, it would convert to the carb map, which gave me excellent views to locate points and items. When I clicked M again, it would disappear and the mini would re-appear.

I think that Svegan has given the solution...I've not logged in to verify the aspects checked yet, but will confirm once I do.

I know that this may sound nit-picky...but when you're spoiled on something, it's hard to overcome what you are missing with a new version. The convenience of having both the Blizz mini and the Carb overlay is excellent and provides a versatility to the game that, at least imo, is unparrelled.

Thanks guys for your help!
02-06-15, 12:27 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Hmmmm. The instructions I posted will: Have no Carbonite minimized map, the Blizzard minimap will be in the upper right corner of your screen, the Carbonite maximized map will open instead of the Blizzard World Map. When you hit the "M" key it will open the Carbonite map to large size, then when you hit the "M" key again the Carbonite map will close, instead of minimize. If I read your postings right, that is what you want. The Blizzard minimap doesn't do anything when you have this set up. It stays in the upper right corner of your screen,unchanged and unchanging.

Svegan and I are saying the same thing, just my explanation is more "wordy" than his, and isn't complete. I forgot all about the "Use Carbonite Map instead of Blizzards (Alt + M will open world map)" option at the top of the "Map Options" page. That option is checked by default and I just never thought about it. Sorry.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
02-07-15, 09:52 AM   #6
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Didn't Work :{

Ok, I went thru and made sure all the selections were checked that both Svegan & Jeffy162 suggested, even those that were optional. It still does not do both maps. I've attached a screen print of what it currently looks like in full map mode. Note that the full map has the mini-map attached in the upper left corner of the map. These are 'attached' somehow, and one cannot be moved without the other. When I hit M (the Alt-M and M key both do the same function) key, the maps close, and not even the mini-map is displayed. Hitting the M key again will show the map as attached below.

So, currently, my options are to 1) Display the full map with attached mini-map, 2) Show no map, not even the mini-map, or 3) To resize the full map with mini-map small enough where I can see both maps without interfering with other screen views (however, doing this greatly reduces the viewable area, almost like a full zoom-in).

I understand that I will not be able to view both maps simultaneously, and this is fine. I use the full map to find items, pinpoint locations, routings, flight paths, quest turn-in locations, etc. The mini-map I use while traveling to catch possible loot, bosses, quests, battle pets I may have missed. So one map at a time is sufficient. But it is the concept that Carbonite shows so much more detail with additional capabilities on it's mapping that I use it instead of the default map in Blizz, while the mini-map is useful for other reasons (and it doesn't matter to me if it's Blizz or Carbonite). Another reason for the mini is that many of the addons I use have icons around the mini, including the game mail and calendar. Without the mini, I have no access to any of these.

Maybe this defines a bit more in depth my situation? Anyway, hope that someone out there has a solution.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CarboniteMap.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	8470  
02-07-15, 09:59 AM   #7
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

[quote=Mordralis;306205]Ok, I went thru and made sure all the selections were checked that both Svegan & Jeffy162 suggested, even those that were optional. It still does not do both maps. I've attached a screen print of what it currently looks like in full map mode. Note that the full map has the mini-map attached in the upper left corner of the map. These are 'attached' somehow, and one cannot be moved without the other. When I hit M (the Alt-M and M key both do the same function) key, the maps close, and not even the mini-map is displayed. Hitting the M key again will show the map as attached below.

So, currently, my options are to 1) Display the full map with attached mini-map, 2) Show no map, not even the mini-map, or 3) To resize the full map with mini-map small enough where I can see both maps without interfering with other screen views (however, doing this greatly reduces the viewable area, almost like a full zoom-in).

I understand that I will not be able to view both maps simultaneously, and this is fine. I use the full map to find items, pinpoint locations, routings, flight paths, quest turn-in locations, etc. The mini-map I use while traveling to catch possible loot, bosses, quests, battle pets I may have missed. So one map at a time is sufficient. But it is the concept that Carbonite shows so much more detail with additional capabilities on it's mapping that I use it instead of the default map in Blizz, while the mini-map is useful for other reasons (and it doesn't matter to me if it's Blizz or Carbonite). Another reason for the mini is that many of the addons I use have icons around the mini, including the game mail and calendar. Without the mini, I have no access to any of these.

Maybe this defines a bit more in depth my situation? Anyway, hope that someone out there has a solution.

Thanks!

[The wise warrior will become his enemy, in order to understand his enemies strengths & weaknesses!]
02-08-15, 12:52 PM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You've got something in Carbonite's options messed up, that's why your set-up works the way it does. I changed my settings and took some screen shots.

Name:	map.jpg
Views:	1729
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	8479It does work, just takes a little patience. You will notice the Blizzard minimap in the upper right corner of my screen. Click image for larger version

Name:	map-2.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	8480 Options. Click image for larger version

Name:	map-3.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	8481 Options
The options screen shots will show how the options are set up for this. I hope this helps you out in some small way.

/EDIT: If you go to the "Maps" sub-heading, then the "Minimap Button Options" tab, you can activate the "Minimap Button Window" in Carbonite's options. You can lock it in place,too, so it can't be moved accidentally.

Name:	Map - minimap_button_window.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	8501
You can also get an addon to put the minimap buttons in. MinimapButtonFrame is a good one. /END EDIT

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-09-15 at 08:27 PM.
02-12-15, 09:24 AM   #9
Mordralis
An Aku'mai Servant

Thumbs up

Thanks SO much Jeffy162! This is exactly what I wanted! After viewing your screenshots and making a couple of changes it works great now!

I really appreciate your guys patience and help. Maybe I will be able to return the favor someday in some small way.
02-12-15, 12:58 PM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're welcome. I'm glad you got it working the way you wanted. Good Luck!

Carbonite is a LARGE addon, now modular but it didn't used to be, that is kind of complicated. It takes a little foolin' around with the options to get it just right. No matter who you are. But, when it's right...... HOO BOY! Is it good.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 02-12-15 at 01:27 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Carb vs Blizz Mini