06-17-09, 12:07 AM   #1
p3st0lino
A Defias Bandit
A new HUD project. (Based on oUF)

Hi Guys.

As a WoW gamer I've always been very fond of HUDs. But as I have to say, most of them don't exactly fit my needs.

So I'm trying to create my own HUD and I want to use oUF as much as possible for this addon to keep a good performance and a small addon.

Unfortunately I'm not very experienced with Lua or any scripting language what so ever. I'm more an idea developer and designer.

So long story short I was trying to create an addon that fits all of my raiding needs. Next to the basic stuff like showing health and castbars I wanted it to be able to track debuffs and stuff like that. Also some information about your own stats and such should be integrated.

I know there are a lot of great HUDs out there but I still think it's time to create my first self made addon. So what I'm looking for is basically a supervisor or teacher of some kind who I can ask a everything about Lua and oUF and everything connected with addons. Someone who can help me out with coding if I have no plan what to do.

Ok enough talking Now I present you what the layout should look like. I don't kno if I will keep the colours like they are in the picture. A few more graphical tweaks will be done I think.

So if some one is interested to work with me on this project just send me a message.
06-17-09, 12:52 AM   #2
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you try hud?
06-17-09, 01:07 AM   #3
p3st0lino
A Defias Bandit
Yes I did and I use it at the moment but you know how things are there is just something that you think can be done better so I'm still trying to get my own project to done.

And yes I've tried every HUD out there. From ArcHUD over IceHUD to leafHUD (which is btw a oUF based HUD) and just HUD. I still think some things can be done better or let's say different or just so they fit my need better.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » A new HUD project. (Based on oUF)