09-25-07, 11:01 PM   #1
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mazzle 1.1 Fresh/New Installation after patch 2.2

Fresh Mazzle 1.1 installation after the 2.2 patch. This is the process that I took to fix the mazzification process on a new installation. There are likely shorter routes that you could take on some of the steps, but I took them to try to ensure that there would not be any issues.

1.) Either download or find where you saved the Mazzle1.1.zip file for the 1.1 release and unpack it. Follow the second step of the original installation instructions.
a) Go to your World of Warcraft directory (usually C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft)
b) Rename the "Interface" folder to "Interface Old"
c) Rename the "WTF" folder to "WTF Old"
d) Rename the "Fonts" folder to "Fonts Old"
2.) Login to World of Warcraft and onto your character. Press the escape button to bring up the main menu and choose the Video settings button. Change the video resolution to the appropriate one for your display. Save that configuration and exit the game.

3.) Now follow step 3 from the original installation instructions.
----------------------------------
Step 3: Copy over the new UI files

a) Drag "Interface" folder from the MazzleUI directory in step 1 to your World of Warcraft directory.
b) If you are on a PC: Drag the "Font" folder from the MazzleUI directory in step 1 to your World of Warcraft directory. Note: It'll ask you whether you want to overwrite files. Respond with "Yes to All".
- VERY IMPORTANT: If you are on a Mac and already have a font folder, make sure to move each file from the font folder in the directory you made in step 1 to the font folder in your World of Warcraft directory. Do not just drop the entire font folder in, since the default behavior on a Mac is to replace the entire contents of the directory, i.e. delete your old files.
Now open the file C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\MazzleUI\CustomLibs\ContextMenu.lua with wordpad. Press Ctrl-H to bring up the replace dialog. Enter the text "self:assert" into the find text input and the text "assert" into the replace text input. Save and close the file.

Now open the file C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Mazzifier\Mazzifier_Configs.lua with wordpad. Press Ctrl-F to open the Find dialog. Enter the text "EnableError" into the find text input and press Enter. You will see the line SetCVar("EnableErrorSpeech","0") add 2 dashes -- to the front of that line giving you -- SetCVar("EnableErrorSpeech","0"). Now save and close that file.

Now we will use the Wow Ace Updater to update the mods to their current state. If you do not have WAU yet, you can download it from http://www.wowace.com/wiki/WowAceUpdater. Follow the instructions to install with Internet Explorer for the best/easiest results. Then run WowAceUpdater from your Start->All Programs->WowAce.com menu. Click on File and choose "Update all Installed AddOns", it will run for a moment while it downloads the newest packages. Once that is finished I select the following packages:
  • Cartographer
  • oRA2
  • Prat
  • Cartographer_(Fishing through Vendors)
  • Everything that starts with "FuBar"
  • WitchHunt

Then click on File and choose "Install/Update all Marked Addons With Externals". This will run for another moment and then stop. You can close WAU at this point.

4.) Now we will do step 4 of the original installation instructions. With the exception of item d since we did that before installing MazzleUI. You can do it again if you want, and you should be able to wait until this point to change the video settings. I chose to do it before to help to ensure that step was out of the way and wouldn't cause a problem getting MazzleUI setup.

Step 4: Get WoW ready
a) Log in and choose your realm
b) VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure "LOAD OUT OF DATE ADDONS" IS CHECKED
c) Log in. Wait until a couple of the windows disappear and the MazzleUI installer window appears and greets you. (should take no longer than 30 seconds or so)
d) Hit the escape key and select "Video Options". Set your desired resolution and any other video settings you'd like to modify now.

Warning: If for any reason you decide to go back to your old interface later, you will lose your button layout when performing the following Mazzifying step. The only way to avoid this is to (a) unmark the 'Place Actions in Buttons' option in the Mazzifier or (b) use the included add-on SimpleActionSets to save your current buttons before Mazzifying. If this is a serious concern for you, I suggest the latter option so you can fully explore the button options that MazzleUI provides. There are instructions on how to use SimpleActionSets at the end of this document.
5.) The following problems occured when I first performed the mazzification process:
  • The ItemRack bar was out of place
  • The TrinketMenu was out of place
  • The Bongos bars were not created and filled properly
  • The menu icons and bag slots were showing at the bottom righthand side of the screen
  • The ContextMenu was not working properly

a) Press Enter and type the command "/itemrack" to get rid of the itemrack bar.
b) Press Enter and type the command "/trinketmenu" to make sure that the trinket menu slots are showing. You can now click and drag on the edges of the slots to the place that it's supposed to be above the combat log. You may need to run the command "/trinketmenu unlock" to be able to move it, if you do you'll want to run the command "/trinketmenu lock" to lock it in place once you are finished with it.
c) Then run the command "/mazzify" again and only choose for it to update only the Button layout and Keybindings. That fixes the Bongos bars and the menu icons and bag slots placement.
The ContextMenu is still an issue, but this process should be able to get you a new start with MazzleUI.
09-25-07, 11:34 PM   #2
sakuratomoko
A Murloc Raider
EnableError

Can't find it in Mazzifier document.

Edit: nvm i found it, i m a idiot.

P.S: when we update using WAU should we update with externals or without?

Last edited by sakuratomoko : 09-25-07 at 11:39 PM.
09-25-07, 11:50 PM   #3
treebeard72
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
its there

its near the bottom of the file, after searching, just scroll down a few lines and you will see it
09-26-07, 02:16 AM   #4
Archimond of Azjol-nerub
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks

this worked like a charm .. for some wierd reason as a pally waht ever i put in the slot hotkeyd to 1 it puts in in all the boxes in the little 3x4 extra button thing..

but this was a great fix and got me mazzilfied agin.

would still love to see a officail full fix released.

Thank u so much
09-26-07, 02:27 AM   #5
Detritis
A Black Drake
Quick note, it is possilbe to fix the error with 'SetCVar("EnableErrorSpeech","0")' in the ...AddOns\Mazzifier\Mazzifier_Configs.lua without commenting it out by replacing it with 'SetCVar("Sound_EnableErrorSpeech","0")', seems like blizzard likes changing naming conventions from time to time.
09-26-07, 03:00 AM   #6
Geez
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Autobar?

I followed each step but I still can not click on my reagents/first aid etc. I believe this is the autobar in the right corner of the UI was this supposed to fix that?
09-26-07, 04:51 AM   #7
Lonescout
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
yea me either, everything else worked great tho!..

thanks for the information!
09-26-07, 05:19 AM   #8
Lavandel
A Murloc Raider

I can't get the little "extra window" that you get from clicking "shift+mousebutton 3 or 4" to work correctly.

When I place a hotkey in that window it fills the entire window with the same hotkey (16 slots that is) and when I remove anyone of the filled slots it removes them all.

This is annoying since I use that window very frequently when playing my Shaman and want to use many macro's that MazzleUI doesn't fix for me automatically.

Examples are Totemic Recall and various selfmade macros in the /macro-window that I use to tell the raid/party of what I'm assisting, healing or pulling.

I love that window and would love it if anyone came up with a solution.

I've followed the OP's instructions to the letter and it all works fine except for this little annoyance.

CORRECTION:
I used Detritis description about the 'SetCVar("Sound_EnableErrorSpeech","0")' in the file ...AddOns\Mazzifier\Mazzifier_Configs.lua.
Other than that I used the OP's original "walkthrough".

Thanks in advance and hopeful for answers.

-=EDIT=-

Sorry. This is a known bug after the patch and I didn't know that at the point of posting since I hadn't read the right forum thread.

-=EDIT=-

Last edited by Lavandel : 09-26-07 at 05:48 AM.
09-26-07, 06:33 AM   #9
Detritis
A Black Drake
Anyone having trouble with reagents/potions needs to update to the latest version of autobar, the problem has been fixed and is working again.
09-26-07, 06:34 AM   #10
Obes
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just to add to the above comments
Autobar is fixed via WAU (as of about an hour or so ago).
Discord can be updated via http://discord.tetzfiles.com/ and select the PTR2.2 file

And as Verissi said in http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...2&page=2&pp=10

To fix Context menu display issues
In ContextMenu.lua change:
btn:SetScript("OnAttributeChanged", ActionButton_Update)
To:
btn:SetScript("OnAttributeChanged", ActionButton_UpdateAction)

And finally Itemrack breaking tooltips in your char sheet.
Itemrack.lua:

change:
function newItemRack_PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter()
to
function newItemRack_PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter(self)

and 4 lines below that change:

oldItemRack_PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter()
to
oldItemRack_PaperDollItemSlotButton_OnEnter(self)

YMMV, but it has worked for me.
( I also took the svn lock off of topscore fu and nQuestlog, so they get updated )
09-26-07, 06:45 AM   #11
Detritis
A Black Drake
Itemrack itself has been fixed by the author, download new version from Itemrack 1.992
09-26-07, 07:56 AM   #12
mr2cool
An Aku'mai Servant
great guide, done all you said to do and it all worked great
i have 2 small bugs
1, the autobar i updated like 10 minutes ago and it still spams the entire slots with 1 spell or profession, like i drag first aid into it and all the box's fill with first aid? sorry if this has been fixed and i missed the post

2, really small bug if you can even call it that, before patch you click on a person and if they had no target selected it would say target has no target or something along them lines
now it says target is targetting unknown...like i said very small thing but still rather annoying
anyways other then that its working great your a life saver all of you who helped towards this

thanks alot
09-26-07, 08:21 AM   #13
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by mr2cool
great guide, done all you said to do and it all worked great
i have 2 small bugs
1, the autobar i updated like 10 minutes ago and it still spams the entire slots with 1 spell or profession, like i drag first aid into it and all the box's fill with first aid? sorry if this has been fixed and i missed the post

2, really small bug if you can even call it that, before patch you click on a person and if they had no target selected it would say target has no target or something along them lines
now it says target is targetting unknown...like i said very small thing but still rather annoying
anyways other then that its working great your a life saver all of you who helped towards this

thanks alot
1.) I believe that you're talking about the ContextMenu rather than AutoBar. I've heard that AutoBar has a fix which is great news. The ContextMenu will likely remain broken for just a little while longer. I am working on a fix for it and hope to get it done soon.

2.) That happened to me prior to the 2.2 patch as well. I don't really think that it saying "targetting unknown" rather than "target has no target" is that big of a deal, but I guess that depends on personal opinion.
09-26-07, 08:30 AM   #14
mr2cool
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by meio
1.) I believe that you're talking about the ContextMenu rather than AutoBar. I've heard that AutoBar has a fix which is great news. The ContextMenu will likely remain broken for just a little while longer. I am working on a fix for it and hope to get it done soon.

2.) That happened to me prior to the 2.2 patch as well. I don't really think that it saying "targetting unknown" rather than "target has no target" is that big of a deal, but I guess that depends on personal opinion.
ah contextmenu my mistake haha, i can live without it for now and the target thing is not a big deal just me being a fussy pants :P good job keep up the good work
09-26-07, 08:49 AM   #15
Lavandel
A Murloc Raider

I might have found out something about the context menu...

I've been wrestling with MazzleUI for entire afternoon and when I logged on my little Hunter to try the "bug" where you switch between ranged and melee hotbuttons I accidentially didn't turn off the context menu before I switched.

Viola!

Context menu worked and had the right icons/abilities/spells after I've <Shift>+<Scrollwheel Up/Down> a couple of times.

Did this on all my other characters and now I can play good enough again.

After I did this I went back to these forums and found out that user "Obes" had a few .lua tweaks up his sleeve so I started following his instructions and it works for me.

So to the rest of you guys out there...
Follow the instructions in the OP's first post and then "Detritis" sound option. Last but not least "Obes" instructions and you should be all set to play again without any big problems.

Raiding is the only thing that I haven't got to yet so I can't say if the raid-functions work as intended.
09-26-07, 08:50 AM   #16
urofseron
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by meio

Ty so much Meio for trying to get Mazzle working again.

I just went back to the default UI last night and it made my stomach hurt. I can't imagine if I had to use anything else again.
09-26-07, 08:51 AM   #17
Konfu
A Murloc Raider
Thx thx thx!!!

Make this Topic sticky and renamed it to "Mazzie Ui ready for 2.2!"

Mfg
09-26-07, 09:01 AM   #18
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

So the problem im having is the buttons no matter what button i press it cast the same spell <70 priest> so im thinking the key bindings or something within bongos is the thing that is broken? anyone else having this problem or know a fix for it ?

Last edited by Alkar : 09-26-07 at 09:27 AM.
09-26-07, 09:26 AM   #19
scooch74
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I was following Meio's great instructions and everything was fine until Step 5. When trying to Mazzify a second time to correct the Bongos bars, menu icons and bag placements, nothing happened. I hit Mazzify and she did her dance, but I got no option to "click here to finish" and reload the UI. It just kicked me back out to my unchanged UI. Did I miss something here?

Like others here I can't function without my Mazzle. What am I messing up?
09-26-07, 09:38 AM   #20
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by scooch74
I was following Meio's great instructions and everything was fine until Step 5. When trying to Mazzify a second time to correct the Bongos bars, menu icons and bag placements, nothing happened. I hit Mazzify and she did her dance, but I got no option to "click here to finish" and reload the UI. It just kicked me back out to my unchanged UI. Did I miss something here?

Like others here I can't function without my Mazzle. What am I messing up?
Heh, no that's what's supposed to happen. I can't remember exactly which release it was that Mazzle changed that, but if you only mazzify the button layout and the keybindings you do not have to do a reloadui. The mazzifier will only have to reload the ui when you change/mazzify the portions of the ui dealing with frame layouts and addon selection/configuration.

If that doesn't make sense, the only thing you need to come away with is that if you only mazzify the button layout and the keybindings you will not have to reload the ui.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle 1.1 Fresh/New Installation after patch 2.2