09-27-07, 11:29 PM   #1
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
MazzleUI 1.1 Patch 1 for WoW 2.2

Keep in mind that this is not yet a complete fix for all of the WoW 2.2 changes.

I've posted a patch for MazzleUI 1.1 on the Downloads page. The download should be live now, if not it will be once it's approved by the site admins. The remainder of the bugs are most likely going to take a little while to fix.

Known Bugs
Bongos:
Paging in Bongos isn't working properly as well as a few other issues with the package. One issue is that if you page the bars they will sometimes fill up with all of the same spell that's in action button 1 on the initial page. Another problem some people have had is that no matter what button they hit it casts the same spell. Both of those problems can be "fixed" for now by just continuing to page the bars until they get back to the initial bars. Some classes do not have multiple pages on their bars, but the same thing is happening under the hood the buttons just aren't changing the looks like they do for the classes that do have paging.

For example, on my priest if I page the bars a couple times all of the buttons fill up with Renew, if I just page a few more times they go back to normal and work fine. On my warlock if I page the bars a couple times all of the bars stay exactly the same, but no matter what button I press I cast Shadowbolt. Paging a couple more times goes back to the normal working order. Hunters can page with their hot key 'f', everyone else can page the bars by pressing Shift-UP (Shift + Up Arrow key).

Advanced Trade Skills Window:
There are issues with this package that unfortunately remain unresolved for some users. If you experience crashes when you open/use your trade skills all I can suggest is to disable this addon for the time being. I've heard that it's mostly the Mac users that are having the problems. I personally have not had any problems with ATSW on Windows XP.

DUF:
I have not replaced the old version of DUF with the new 2.2PTR version in this patch. The reason is that I would occasionally experience some problems when I would /mazzify with the new version of DUF. The old version works just fine, it just gives some FrameXML errors. They can be resolved with the new version of DUF, installation instructions found here. Just understand that if you install the new version of DUF at this time you may experience problems when you /mazzify.

Camera Not Found Errors:
Blizzard has changed the names of some of the mobs causing Camera Not Found Errors in MazzleUI when they are targeted. I suspect that each of the mobs that will cause the error were all named and will be fixed similarly, but I have not been able to confirm this.
For example, the line in Mazzifier\Mazz3D_DBF.lua file ["creature.fungalgiant.fungalgiantpurple"] = 379 can be fixed by changing it to ["creature.fungalgiant.fungalgiant"] = 379. I suspect that the remainder of the mobs that cause the problems will also end in purple and will be fixed by removing it. However, that needs to be confirmed because there are other fungalgiant mobs that end with green and yellow, so that may not be the case. I have disabled the error sound when a camera not found error occurs, it will still put the error text in the Chat frame. If you get an error it would be appreciated if you could take a screenshot and make a post on the forums stating which mob it was and where you encountered the mob. It will not be necessary to post the screenshot unless it is requested.

nQuestLog:
Occasionally the following error pops up in the BugSack, but this seems to occur even with the newest version and does not have an effect on the operation of nQuestLog and can be ignored for now.
2007/09/26 12:22:09-7-x1]: nQuestLog-1.0\modules\DetailsFrame.lua:139: attempt to index global 'escapeDetector' (a nil value)

FrameXML:
Any further FrameXML errors should be able to just be ignored.

Hunters:
When I mazzified my low level hunter there was one button for Mend Pet that was left near the middle of the screen that I could not get the mazzifier to place where it was supposed to go. I was able to just move it to another location on the screen and play just fine. It's a bit of an inconvenience to not have that one button setup appropriately, but since it's not detrimental to the game play I decided not to worry about it for the time being.

==========================================================

Note:
I believe that this should fix the bulk of the errors that were occurring and that the exceptions have been listed. This is not a full release as it does not resolve all of the issues to be able to result in a "flawless" version. To apply the patch you will need to first install Mazzle1.1 without logging onto WoW to run the mazzifier and then unzip the patch inside the Interface folder to get the updated files. In order to reduce the bandwidth used for the webhost I have only included files that have changed since July 1, 2007. I would recommend that you rename or save your WTF folder and start with a brand new mazzified configuration. I would also recommend keeping the Mazzle1.1 zip file so that you do not have to re-download it with any more patches to come as they will all be based on the original Mazzle 1.1 installation.

Basic/Brief Installation Instructions:
1.) Rename AddOns and WTF folders. Unzip Mazzle1.1 zip file and copy the AddOns folder into your WoW installation directory. Unzip the Patch zip file inside the Interface folder of your WoW installation. I would highly recommend not adding any other addons outside of the ones provided until you have finished all of these steps.

2.) Logon to WoW. When you get to the character selection screen click on the AddOns button near the lower left hand side and then check the box next to "Load Out of Date AddOns" choose Ok.

3.) Now you can logon to the first character that you want to mazzify. When the mazzifier screen comes up just close it out, there's an "X" in the upper right hand corner of the window to do that. Press the Escape key to bring up the main menu, choose Video. Change the video resolution to the screen resolution that you use. When you click Ok, your UI will reload and the mazzifier screen will come back up.

4.) You should now be able to mazzify your character like normal.

5.) Rinse and repeat the mazzification of any other characters that you'd like.

* I do not have access to a level 70 character of each class, but I have tested this on a priest, warlock, hunter, mage and a paladin. *

This should allow everyone to enjoy playing until the remainder of the issues can be resolved. I have to give a special thanks to all of the people on the forums that have been a huge help with support and bug fixes. I would name names, but I will forget and offend someone so I will not. You know who you are and your efforts are greatly appreciated by everyone that uses MazzleUI. I look forward to the continuation of this project and the expansion of the community that Mazzle has built.

/tar littlepinkheadedgnome
/hug

- Meio

EDIT: If you are using a Macintosh, you can't just drop the folders in. The Macintosh will overwrite your old folders if you do. Since this patch just contains changed files, you'll be missing stuff. You'll need to copy each folder individually. Windows users do not need to worry about this issue.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 09-28-07 at 06:47 PM.
09-27-07, 11:32 PM   #2
anonymity22
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i love u. i do really.
09-27-07, 11:32 PM   #3
Dynnyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
1 quick question

running windows vista business and it wont let me delete/rename my WTF fodler. says i do nto have permission but i am the Administrator of the pc got all righrts blad bla bla like that

any help?
09-27-07, 11:34 PM   #4
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Dynnyn
1 quick question

running windows vista business and it wont let me delete/rename my WTF fodler. says i do nto have permission but i am the Administrator of the pc got all righrts blad bla bla like that

any help?
Then you will probably have to logon as Administrator to do the installation. To be able to install any addon you have to have read/write access to the Interface/AddOns directory (folder). I'd assume that if you don't have read/write access to the WTF then you don't have it for the AddOns one as well.
09-27-07, 11:35 PM   #5
Lorelahna
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks Meio! your awesome for working on this.
09-27-07, 11:36 PM   #6
Dynnyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by meio
Then you will probably have to logon as Administrator to do the installation. To be able to install any addon you have to have read/write access to the Interface/AddOns directory (folder). I'd assume that if you don't have read/write access to the WTF then you don't have it for the AddOns one as well.

nope dont have that problem i can edit every single other file in the wow directoery jsut not the WTF folder

is it a big problem if i dont rename it/delete it?
09-27-07, 11:38 PM   #7
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

nope dont have that problem i can edit every single other file in the wow directoery jsut not the WTF folder

is it a big problem if i dont rename it/delete it?
The only concern that I would have is that you could possibly have an addon try to pick up old saved information that is incompatible with that it now requires. You should not have an issue with it, but if you do have an issue with the mazzification process specifically that's the first thing that I'd try to get rid of.
09-27-07, 11:39 PM   #8
Dynnyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
ok then i shall try it without deleteing the WTF folder

if i get a major problem then i shall give it a shot as logging in as admin and the ndoing it cheers for the help

and also ur a godsend working so damn fast to get this UI fixed
09-27-07, 11:51 PM   #9
Dynnyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
ok mabye i'm jsut an idiot but i downloaded the patch went in game after doing everything u said and i dont get the mazzifier popping up and when i run the /mazzify command nothing happens i get the unkown command text :s

is there some addons missing i need to copy from my old addons folder?
09-27-07, 11:58 PM   #10
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

ok mabye i'm jsut an idiot but i downloaded the patch went in game after doing everything u said and i dont get the mazzifier popping up and when i run the /mazzify command nothing happens i get the unkown command text :s

is there some addons missing i need to copy from my old addons folder?
Can you send me a screenshot of the error in your chatlog? And how many files are in the top level of the C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Mazzifier directory?

Last edited by meio : 09-28-07 at 12:01 AM.
09-28-07, 12:05 AM   #11
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Good job, Meio. I'll stick this thread.

The only thing that I would comment on is about the camera angles. I doubt it's just a purple thing. Each time I've had to update the models in the past, there were quite a few changes.
09-28-07, 12:11 AM   #12
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Good job, Meio. I'll stick this thread.

The only thing that I would comment on is about the camera angles. I doubt it's just a purple thing. Each time I've had to update the models in the past, there were quite a few changes.
Yeah, I didn't completely think that it would be that because of the other "colors." I suspected it because as far as I can remember the only mobs that people had mentioned causing problems were the ones that had a purple model.
09-28-07, 12:21 AM   #13
Dynnyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
there was no error at all it jsut didn't load up

i've gone bk to using the old addons folder i had and jsut updated most of my addons in there

i will grab a screenshot and check through the addons when i'm more awake but from a quick glance there is no difference which is waht really confuses me :S
09-28-07, 12:21 AM   #14
Dorlas
A Murloc Raider
very nice work
09-28-07, 12:32 AM   #15
Kynki
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thx Meio,

However I still have a bug with the tooltip when I look at items in my bags, basically no tooltip. Do you think this is a bug local to me, or is it something you are aware of ? I have not done a full new Mazzle install, but just the fixes that have been recommended in your earlier posts. It seems not too many others users are having this problem and its not in your list of 'known issues' but any help would be great, thanks
09-28-07, 12:43 AM   #16
Gishin
A Defias Bandit
I'm not finding a WTF folder in the zip files.
09-28-07, 12:49 AM   #17
Detritis
A Black Drake
DUF:
I have not replaced the old version of DUF with the new 2.2PTR version in this patch. The reason is that I would occasionally experience some problems when I would /mazzify with the new version of DUF. The old version works just fine, it just gives some FrameXML errors. They can be resolved with the new version of DUF, installation instructions found here. Just understand that if you install the new version of DUF at this time you may experience problems when you /mazzify.
Hi Meio, I have fixed my version of DUF and am not getting any FrameXML errors at all, which errors are you still getting, I might be able to help.

The other thing about updating DUF to the latest version is that they changed 1 variable, which has already been mentioned and a fix is floating around, however whenever someone Mazzlfy's it is simply gonna revert to the original variable and the fix applied will have to be done again each time unless of course someone is willing to edit all the DUF settings with Mazzle to use the new variable instead.

Looking at the code for the new DUF, not a lot was changed anyway, an option for casting bars was added which Mazzle doesnt use anyway, the 'Looking at Unknown' error is still in the new version, it breaks the unit name showing and it seems Mazzle added a few of his own tweaks to DUF anyway.

IMO I dont think it is worth updating to the new DUF for so little gain and the added headache of the broken variable.
09-28-07, 12:49 AM   #18
Dynnyn
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Gishin
thats because there isn't one. your game will make a new one if u rename ur old one
09-28-07, 12:50 AM   #19
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Gishin
You're not supposed to. The WTF folder is where WoW stores your saved variables (settings). If you rename it or delete it, WoW will automatically create a new one when it starts up.
09-28-07, 12:53 AM   #20
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
GREAT work mate!!!!

However - when i remazzified after new install(patch copy) my Feign Death(i pay hunter) was somehow doing auto shot? Icon was correct, and hotkey was correct

After i dragged the spell down to replace the on on the bar it worked again. HAve not tried complete mazzification again though.

/smirge

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleUI 1.1 Patch 1 for WoW 2.2