11-05-08, 04:03 PM   #1
dallii
A Defias Bandit
Red face Mazzle for V3.0.3 to WOTLK?

good afternoon,
Im not sure if this has already been asked on these forums or not. But are you going to continue to create MazzleUI for V3.0.3 - WOTLK? I know a boatload of people who love your Suite and I have to say never have i seen a UI come close to this one.

If you are not planning to, How much money would we have to pay for you to change your mind?

I would honestly pay you some money to get this UI back up and running.

Anyway .. Please let me know.

Thanks and have a great rest of the day all!
11-05-08, 04:26 PM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
if Mazzle currently works in wow 3.0 then it will work in wotlk.
11-05-08, 05:06 PM   #3
alenda
A Cliff Giant

A few people are working on updating the addons necessary to recreate the MazzleUI, someone has achieved a great success in getting the mazzification process to go off with minimal errors. The next steps are going to be to work current iterations of addons in, where they had to be changed in order to reflect the updates to the WoW UI system, the most important one is likely the barmod, as bongos no longer works in any way shape or form.

TL;DR: It's being worked on, and we should see a new version very soon.
11-05-08, 05:26 PM   #4
dallii
A Defias Bandit
Thanks to both of you for answering my questions.

Have a great rest of the day!
11-05-08, 10:15 PM   #5
Woif
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by alenda View Post
A few people are working on updating the addons necessary to recreate the MazzleUI, someone has achieved a great success in getting the mazzification process to go off with minimal errors. The next steps are going to be to work current iterations of addons in, where they had to be changed in order to reflect the updates to the WoW UI system, the most important one is likely the barmod, as bongos no longer works in any way shape or form.

TL;DR: It's being worked on, and we should see a new version very soon.
What about dominos? Its basicly the new version of bongos.
11-05-08, 11:31 PM   #6
alenda
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Woif View Post
What about dominos? Its basicly the new version of bongos.
It is and it isn't. Technically Bongos2 and 3 are the new versions of Bongos, neither of which work with 3.0. Blizzard made changes to how the game handles bars, and it required a change in the way barmods were coded, most of which had to be done from the ground up.

Dominos is the spiritual successor to Bongos, however it works in a different fashion, and at the moment cannot be plopped into mazzle and have it just work, some extensive modification is going to have to take place, or we wont get automatic layouts or bindings.
11-10-08, 06:49 PM   #7
blademage727
A Fallenroot Satyr

Is there any estimated release date for a 3.0/WotLK-compatible MazzleUI, or at least a beta-release date?
11-11-08, 12:33 AM   #8
alenda
A Cliff Giant

It's being worked on by a few people, and they are only posting progress when they make major breakthroughs. They also have lives outside of coding addons so they aren't working nonstop.

As far as I know, for the most part the mazzifier has been repaired to function normally, and now significant work is being done on getting it to tell addons how to behave.

It'll be a few weeks, I'm sure.
11-11-08, 03:08 AM   #9
Meroippi
A Fallenroot Satyr
That would be very nice.

Thks of the hard working so far !!
11-11-08, 04:15 AM   #10
pur3lusion
A Murloc Raider
This Bite

I been a Mazzle UI user for a while now and even gave donations of great ammount i just cant believe that i wasted my money on someone that would actually stop continuing to make this great addons im not hating cuz i love this ui but wasting money to donate on someone who stop kinda makes me feel like they scammed me hope u guys out there who is trying their best to make this work achieve your goals and i will be making donations as well to keep it working thanks
11-11-08, 04:56 AM   #11
joeba18
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by pur3lusion View Post
I been a Mazzle UI user for a while now and even gave donations of great ammount i just cant believe that i wasted my money on someone that would actually stop continuing to make this great addons im not hating cuz i love this ui but wasting money to donate on someone who stop kinda makes me feel like they scammed me hope u guys out there who is trying their best to make this work achieve your goals and i will be making donations as well to keep it working thanks
Keyword "DONATE"
it is a donation so there for you have no rights to complain.
There no way he could of scammed you due to the fact he did not require you to pay.

For example Atari gaming console.
Paid for it. They stopped work on it.

Plain and simple you cant expect anything to always be updated.
11-11-08, 08:17 AM   #12
ibnuts
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
^/agree

I've always thought it would be a good idea for addon-makers to charge some fee for their addons so that it is supported, and so that customers would be able to have access to betas etc ahead of time. Mazzle requested donations, and while its nice to see that some people did, I didn't precisely because of joeba18's post (i.e. that Mazzle was under no obligation to continue support). However, if people were paying a monthly/yearly fee, an addon maker would be required to either continue development, or else forego all the fees charged since the first time the addons broke. Thus, it would be incentive to continue developing.

For a compilation such as Mazzle, which required only a very few additional addons (at least in my case), I could easily see a fairly large amount of people willing to pay ~$5/month. Even 100 people would give far more incentive to get updates out, both quickly and reliably. 1000+ people would approach what a full-time coder gets paid.

Just a thought..

Last edited by ibnuts : 11-11-08 at 08:20 AM.
11-11-08, 01:22 PM   #13
Viciusan
A Cliff Giant

Money makes expectations.
Money makes the "I owe you" rule.

This won't happen since people don't want to "have to" work on things like this.

It can't replace a real job or steady cash flow.

So... This will always be runned by people having fun at this.
There for communication and having fun making these compilations is the key word we are looking for.

So please don't go to the if we pay or if we donate discussions again.

Lets just try to keep on track and share our solutions so others can work on that again.
And.. try to enjoy doing these things again.

Regards,

Viciusan
11-11-08, 08:33 PM   #14
ibnuts
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Viciusan View Post
Money makes expectations.
Money makes the "I owe you" rule.

This won't happen since people don't want to "have to" work on things like this.

It can't replace a real job or steady cash flow.

So... This will always be runned by people having fun at this.
There for communication and having fun making these compilations is the key word we are looking for.

So please don't go to the if we pay or if we donate discussions again.

Lets just try to keep on track and share our solutions so others can work on that again.
And.. try to enjoy doing these things again.

Regards,

Viciusan
Precisely, it would create expectations. I have a good friend with 25+ years experience as a software developer. He makes $~100k/yr. It would only take ~1700 people paying $5/month to create that much income. It would be easy to get that many people out of the 10+ million WoW subscribers. Most addon developers seem to make far less than my friend, so it's curious as to why people like you have such a hard time considering the possibility of a structured payment system. Things such as Zygor's guide and the incentives that the nUI author provides for donations makes me look forward to the future, when we have people who are more open to an actual free-market system, rather than the crapshoot that exists currently.
11-11-08, 08:50 PM   #15
Baraius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by ibnuts View Post
Precisely, it would create expectations. I have a good friend with 25+ years experience as a software developer. He makes $~100k/yr. It would only take ~1700 people paying $5/month to create that much income. It would be easy to get that many people out of the 10+ million WoW subscribers. Most addon developers seem to make far less than my friend, so it's curious as to why people like you have such a hard time considering the possibility of a structured payment system. Things such as Zygor's guide and the incentives that the nUI author provides for donations makes me look forward to the future, when we have people who are more open to an actual free-market system, rather than the crapshoot that exists currently.
You're missing a market opportunity then. Just guarantee a team of addon developers around $100k a year. Keep the rest for yourself. Retire to a beach with good wireless so you can play WoW. :-)

-Baraius
11-11-08, 10:09 PM   #16
Punkroxy
A Kobold Labourer

Mazzlle for v3.0.3 to WoTLK

I learned to play wow using Mazzle.
I as a newbie learning the game using Mazzle as the basis of the interface of WoW now find that when W o W breaks Mazzle with the patches,
I am sad because Mazzle was the interface I knew how to play wow with.

While I didn't know squat about compiling add-ons to work correctly together I was (addicted) to Mazzle and it was broke.
I decided I would Download Add-ons to replace the ones that were broken in Mazzle
While I have given up on the Automatic loader (Mazzlefier)
I learned how to manipulate the downloaded add-ons and configure them to my liking or to resemble the broken ones found in Mazzle.
Latest patch has made the grafic portion (Discord Unit frames) I believe.
The patch introduced 2 things that made me take a more active role in compiling a new U.I.
WoWAceUpdater stopped their support of that Valuable and lovely tool,
Hence This Site also introduced a new part to lower serverload they put alot of quickfix WoTLK updated add-ons in one quicklaunch type low grafix Webpage for quick downloading and stuff
Now both WowInterface and Curse both have interface update engines {for want of another term}
The main point I am trying to make here is that while I don't know squat about programming, I did learn how to manipulate the add-ons I replaced when a new patch broke the old ones.
That is what any new compilation of the Mazzle UI is so I encourage anyone that enjoyed Mazzle over the past year or so that everyone has the ability to compile a working version of the add-ons that make the game work like the former glory Mazzle had.

I Beg you all please lets all work together to make a working copy of Mazzle and share what works and what pitfalls you encountered during your repatching and Add-ons that needed to be replaced
I am not a programmer and i learned how to configer the addons to work like I needed them to in the game by compiling a set of add-ons that worked like to those Mazzle had originally
Thanx for your time I hope I did not bore you too much

We all can build Mazzle to her former glory!
Mazzle wants you!
Compile for a better Mazzle!

Punkroxy
Anub'arak
<The Metal Militia>
11-12-08, 03:45 PM   #17
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by ibnuts View Post
If I thought I could have gotten anywhere remotely close to 1700 people to subscribe per month, I would have done it when I originally proposed it right before I stopped playing WoW. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it seems highly unlikely. I actually did a poll on it at the time. The results, while encouraging, were nowhere remotely near what you're imagining.
11-12-08, 04:56 PM   #18
urofseron
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post

If I thought I could have gotten anywhere remotely close to 1700 people to subscribe per month, I would have done it when I originally proposed it right before I stopped playing WoW. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it seems highly unlikely. I actually did a poll on it at the time. The results, while encouraging, were nowhere remotely near what you're imagining.

Hey Mazzle!

/wave

In all seriousness, I'd be MORE than happy to contribute financially in anyway I can to get this project running again. (Sorry I can't contribute with coding...that's all greek to me)
11-12-08, 09:31 PM   #19
Arcalyn
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post

You should re-do the POLL now, now that people are standed without the UI.
Its easy for someone to say they wouldn't pay when they are using it ( and it works ) for free. But now that it doesn't work, it be the perfect time to step in and say, " Ok guys, you want the UI up and running I need XXX people signed up for monthly subscriptions to start working on it " then give it 30 days to reach your required level of subscribers, if we don't reach the amount of people, you don't code....OR.....you don't release the code. ( could do the sign-ups like bliz and make first 30 days free - ie. no one pays until Dec. ?? this way you'll see exactly how much you'll get in then decide )

I don't know, but GDI there has got to be a way for someone with your coding expertise to make money from doing it. If I could do what you've done with mazzleUI I would sure as hell find a way to profit from it. Let me know if you need more ideas on how to profit from it, I'll put pen to paper.

ps. Mazzle, what mods do you use now?
11-13-08, 09:05 AM   #20
agdjenn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Arcalyn View Post
ps. Mazzle, what mods do you use now?
Mazzle has quit WoW.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle for V3.0.3 to WOTLK?