10-29-09, 11:30 PM   #1
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Svelte UI!

Hey there! I hadn't thought about putting my release of Svelte UI here, so here I am I thought I would post here and share. This interface was made with information in mind as well as aesthetics being the main drive here. I wanted to present alot of information i.e. buffs, debuffs, short buffs (showing buffs 30 sec or less i.e. trinket procs, talent procs) as well as showing your direct buffs and debuffs. It also includes clear cooldowns so you know when to use it and what to use (lawlfacerollretpally).

I have also included VuhDo and Grid saved variables incase you feel like using either or, giving you the option to use either one or your favorite.

I try to make this a very versatile interface as well as making it very pretty and giving great information, trying to make it a great healer, dps, and tank UI giving you versatility with all your characters :P

Please feel free to give me comments and/or suggestions on how you would like this interface to be improved Thanks!

-Ferous

Preview - http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw32737.jpg

Download - http://ferous.wowinterface.com/downl...?id=11613#info
10-30-09, 07:50 AM   #2
Kruskk
A Murloc Raider

Support for other Wide Screens

Currently I use two different resolutions on two systems, one of them is a laptop. I love your UI for the 1440 x 900 but I am curious what other resolutions can you support. Currently my laptop resolution at its highest is 1280 x 800 and would like to know if it can be supported.
10-30-09, 01:25 PM   #3
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Kruskk View Post
Currently I use two different resolutions on two systems, one of them is a laptop. I love your UI for the 1440 x 900 but I am curious what other resolutions can you support. Currently my laptop resolution at its highest is 1280 x 800 and would like to know if it can be supported.
A fan made a resolution for 1650 x 1050, and I also made a resolution of 1280 x 1024. You can find these on the download page under Optional Files tab.
10-31-09, 07:30 PM   #4
lotzadots
A Kobold Labourer

Updated UI

Hi love the UI, problem is ive updated to your new UI and im having a few problems with it. ive re-installed the WTF folder etc, and when i go into the bartender, kgpanels profiles (its with a couple more to) your profiles aint there, might need to do some dmg control and update cause im having to use my old crap UI lol
11-01-09, 02:50 AM   #5
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
I will look into this and get back to you

-Ferous

Originally Posted by lotzadots View Post
Hi love the UI, problem is ive updated to your new UI and im having a few problems with it. ive re-installed the WTF folder etc, and when i go into the bartender, kgpanels profiles (its with a couple more to) your profiles aint there, might need to do some dmg control and update cause im having to use my old crap UI lol
11-03-09, 07:12 PM   #6
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Hey there. I just wanted to pop in and say that when you do the reflux command, sometimes not all addons are set to the profiles so you may need to go into each addon profile setup and change it manually if they do not change. I have verified with a couple sources saying that the compilation profiles are in order and are in working condition, so make sure that if the reflux command doesn't work perfectly, just go ahead and make sure that the profiles that aren't switching are on svelte manually.

Also, it could be a WTF problem, make sure you rename the WTF folder accordingly, your wow account name, not your battle.net name.

Let me know if you are still having the problem after all of this said

-Ferous

edited cause I suck and put the renaming order the other way around. Your account name not your battle.net name :P
Originally Posted by lotzadots View Post

Last edited by Ferous : 11-03-09 at 10:29 PM.
11-07-09, 04:38 PM   #7
rhennaya
A Kobold Labourer
Hello Ferous, it's me again. I read on the Svelte page you may consider making different colours. I posted a screenshot of the ui on our guild forums and my guildies who are mod-happy just absolutely love it. Good job.

The big request from them is a desire for different colours. The paladins want pink, the priests want white, the druids want orange, etc. They say they don't want a mage-ui.

I have tried to set different colours and it's not difficult to do, but the problem is keeping the ui one way for one character (say a mage), then pink for a paladin, or whatever people in the guild are hoping for.

I was hoping you might consider the options of different colours. If not, that's cool, and I love you anyways
11-07-09, 04:49 PM   #8
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
Hey there. I just wanted to pop in and say that when you do the reflux command, sometimes not all addons are set to the profiles so you may need to go into each addon profile setup and change it manually if they do not change.
You can still do this by looking in the WTF files and if you see like this:

Code:
AddonDB = {
    bla,
    bla,
}
you can use

Code:
/reflux add AddonDB
to get that savedvariable/profile loaded correctly too.
11-07-09, 05:45 PM   #9
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by rhennaya View Post
Hello Ferous, it's me again. I read on the Svelte page you may consider making different colours. I posted a screenshot of the ui on our guild forums and my guildies who are mod-happy just absolutely love it. Good job.

The big request from them is a desire for different colours. The paladins want pink, the priests want white, the druids want orange, etc. They say they don't want a mage-ui.

I have tried to set different colours and it's not difficult to do, but the problem is keeping the ui one way for one character (say a mage), then pink for a paladin, or whatever people in the guild are hoping for.

I was hoping you might consider the options of different colours. If not, that's cool, and I love you anyways
I will think about doing this We will see and see if this is something I can do and then I will get back to you! Thanks again for the feedback.

-Ferous
11-07-09, 06:29 PM   #10
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Update - Stuf hates making multiple profiles, thus it goes back to default. I will include EnhancedColourPicker in an update soon so people may change the colors, however, if you want to create different reflux commands, you will have to do it yourself as everytime I make a new reflux profile and copy, it does it seamlessly except for stuf going back to default. Sorry again guys

-Ferous

Posted the same on Svelte UI Comments. I wish I could make this interface with PitBull as it has profiles and such. Maybe I can see about updated Stuf and see if that does the trick. I will confirm whether I can do this or not in a few.
11-07-09, 06:52 PM   #11
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
edit - You can worry. The colors seem to carry over to the other profiles so this probably will not be a possibility with Stuf. If I can somehow get Shefki to allow people to move bars freely with pitbull, until that day though we will have to stick with stuf unless I get fluent with Lua :P Sorry guys Let me know if someone has an alternative unit frame I can use that actually uses profiles!!!!

Last edited by Ferous : 11-07-09 at 07:03 PM.
11-07-09, 11:09 PM   #12
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Reflux simulates profiles, doesn't it? So you should be able to do that just fine. Or you could learn lua and fit my purposes better >:P
11-08-09, 12:33 AM   #13
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by iSylvir View Post
Reflux simulates profiles, doesn't it? So you should be able to do that just fine. Or you could learn lua and fit my purposes better >:P
Reflux does. However when I create more profiles with reflux, it tends to revert Stuf to default OR it will keep Stuf looking the same no matter what profile is being emulated.

I am learning new stuff about Lua almost everyday, so hopefully someday I will know it I plan on getting the WoW Programming book at some point

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released Compilations » Svelte UI!