02-06-07, 02:28 AM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
OLD Add-On and Settings Suggestions OLD

This is a thread to post suggestions for either
  1. New add-ons you that you think should be included
  2. Add-ons that you think should be removed
  3. A change to the settings of add-ons already included.
  4. Add-ons that you think should be reclassified (for example, "I think SuperSlowModX should not be part of the Faster CPU install package")
Please be very specific and make thorough arguments. If you are suggesting a new add-on, thoroughly describe what it does and what you like about it. If you are comparing it to another add-on, try to thoroughly describe the difference and why you prefer one over the other.

If you are suggesting a different setting for an add-on currently in the UI, please describe exactly what the setting will change and why it's a better general setting.

Comments that aren't respectful to other users and dismissive comments like "add-on x is worthless" will probably be ignored and possibly deleted. It's also not useful to tell people "well, you can just install that on your own." I'm sure that they already know that.

02-07-07, 07:12 PM   #2
TyWizard
A Murloc Raider
For the Shaman Layout, I strongly think the AddOn TotemTimers needs to be included.

Although the current addons put on the cooldown for totems with it, I haven't found a way to actually see how long my totems have been out for, plus its an easy way to see which ones are out still.

02-07-07, 07:15 PM   #3
Durzil
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I've been buggin Mazz for a while to include Dotimer into the package (which he says hes gana look into again) if he does this totem timer addon would be redundant, and you could allways just drop one in, most people have a certain one they like anyhow
Give Locks Green Fire!!!

02-07-07, 08:06 PM   #4
giuice
A Defias Bandit
Hey man, first of all i would like to say: Amazzle Job!
Some sugestions:
- Yata - shama totems addon - is a Ace2 addon , it works perfect for me looks like autobar bar group totems by element and when you mouse over you can click other element totems.

-nQuestLog - its Ace2 with much more features than monkey quest, its like a minion some features that a copied from wowacebut it have much more features, like sound completion, tracks objectives and items in tooltips...)

nQuestLog allows you to track quests in a “minion” allowing you to tailor your questing path and a simple quest detail window.

nQL features:
Highlighting of quests when near the NPC for turn in
Quest detail window allowing you to see information important to the selected quest
You can see what other party members are on the same quest(s) (in a ToolTip)
You can see how many more of the hovered/selected items you need (in a ToolTip)
Sorting by zone with options to show zone level and color it due to difficulty
Minion customizations for the boarder, background, highlighting, font, padding, and window size
A FuBar plugin showing the current number of quests in your log and menu based nQL options

Great job man, i will donate as soon as a can.
Giuliano

02-07-07, 08:11 PM   #5
Kraki
An Aku'mai Servant
I was actually writing to suggest nQuestLog as well when i saw you'd just done it. so I second that.

02-07-07, 10:12 PM   #6
Lethalweapon
A Cyclonian
Not sure if it is a bug or lack of update to the hunter section but aspect of the viper was not added to the hotbars. Once again another way to clean up the hunters bars zhunter. All you have to do is put zhunter in, scale it in size (down), slap it in the extra bar space in an nice way and order up the shoot/melee spells on the left side. I have put a possible suggestion image:

02-07-07, 10:32 PM   #7
Kamishimi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I'm not sure how willing Mazzle is going to be to add another solution to replace Bongos 1) when it does the same thing, and 2) after all the work he's put into getting Bongos working right and easy to edit...

MazzleUI v1.0 Coming Soon to an Interface Near You!
http://mazzlefizz.wowinterface.com/

02-07-07, 10:59 PM   #8
Eatha
A Kobold Labourer
Bongos settings suggestion for druids

For druids, I believe it would be helpful to have separate pages in Bongos when stealthed in cat form. Having Ravage and Pounce visible when not stealthed seems like wasted space.

02-07-07, 11:55 PM   #9
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Eatha
For druids, I believe it would be helpful to have separate pages in Bongos when stealthed in cat form. Having Ravage and Pounce visible when not stealthed seems like wasted space.
I dunno, personally, i think theres more then enough space to have everything visible.

02-08-07, 01:29 PM   #10
Filarun
A Fallenroot Satyr
Maybe this is just me being stubborn about adhering to what I learned back at launch, but in bear form, as a druid, not having attack on the 1 key really screwed me up. It's a really minor thing, but that seems like a better default option for 1 to me. Unless, of course, I'm the only idiot who still has 1 as their attack key...

02-08-07, 01:37 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Whenever I access the Monkey Quest options, the Monkey Buddy icon/button appears around the minimap. Am I missing an option to turn this off? Or is this a bug (and should be put in the bug forum :P )? Anyway, that's an addon setting that might need tweaked.

02-08-07, 01:45 PM   #12
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by Filarun
Unless, of course, I'm the only idiot who still has 1 as their attack key...
No comment. =D

In my opinion, the 1 hotkey is very accessible and easy to use... why "restrict" it to an ability that you only press once at the start of a fight (auto-attack)? Personally, I use Alt-1.

02-08-07, 01:46 PM   #13
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by Seerah
Whenever I access the Monkey Quest options, the Monkey Buddy icon/button appears around the minimap. Am I missing an option to turn this off? Or is this a bug (and should be put in the bug forum :P )? Anyway, that's an addon setting that might need tweaked.
Hmm, this is a bug. I have a feeling this is related to a recent change that made Monkey Buddy a "load on demand" addon.

Please create a post about it in the Bug Reports thread (click here). Be sure to provide everything Mazzle asks for in the first post.

Thanks!

02-08-07, 03:35 PM   #14
Lethalweapon
A Cyclonian
Had some discrepencies so to say with the hunter layout not being updated so took it to my own hands and costumized it a bit hope ya don't mind mazzle. Costomized with zhunter.

02-08-07, 04:34 PM   #15
AstralWolf
Premium Member
Premium Member
Here's a couple really nice addons for consideration:

InventoryOnPar
http://www-en.curse-gaming.com/files...nventoryonpar/
This addon is similar but different than SuperInspect. Basically, it looks at the targets inventory and computes an admittedly arbitrary but nonetheless useful "Inventory On Par score" that serves as a quick and dirty way to tell the caliber of your targets gear (it also can cache outfits it sees similar to SuperInspect, but it's the score and outputting of the score to the chatlog that I find the most useful).

Possessions
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...forWoW2.0.html
While Baggins is tremendous, there are times when I just want to do a quick search for an item to see if any of my toons have it. Possessions fits that bill in a nice clean lightweight package.

P.S. Thank you so much for all your work on this tremendous interface.

02-08-07, 05:12 PM   #16
kermitus
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up suggestion

I don't know about anyone else, but I really like the ability to search auctions and what not. I use auctioneer, its seems to work really well for me, and sometimes I make alittle extra money. Maybe I just don't know enough about AHsearch, and AH_ShowBid, but it seems to me there very limited.

Is auctioneer gonna be a possiblility, or is this just too involved, I know your goal is to keep MazzleUI compact, yet versitile with many options and addons. Maybe auctioneer will slow MazzleUI down.

Anyways thats my 2 cents.

Kermit

02-08-07, 05:20 PM   #17
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by kermitus
I don't know about anyone else, but I really like the ability to search auctions and what not. I use auctioneer, its seems to work really well for me, and sometimes I make alittle extra money. Maybe I just don't know enough about AHsearch, and AH_ShowBid, but it seems to me there very limited.

Is auctioneer gonna be a possiblility, or is this just too involved, I know your goal is to keep MazzleUI compact, yet versitile with many options and addons. Maybe auctioneer will slow MazzleUI down.

Kermit
Previously addressed on the feature request thread

02-08-07, 05:32 PM   #18
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by kermitus

Kermit
You're not missing anything. The auction items in the UI are very limited right now. There used to be several other add-ons included, but each was removed at some point for a different reason. The main one we used to use was KCItems before. I'm hoping that will get updated. We'll see.

I've never personally used Auctioneer. I hear it's really useful but very demanding, memory-wise. If nothing else ever pans out, I'll probably look at it again.

02-08-07, 05:38 PM   #19
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Lethalweapon
Had some discrepencies so to say with the hunter layout not being updated so took it to my own hands and costumized it a bit hope ya don't mind mazzle. Costomized with zhunter.
Do whatever works for you.

It sounds like you're making a pitch for zhunter. I'm not clear what it does. It looks like you're just replacing the buttons that are there with another set of nearly identical buttons. I'd be a lot more specific, if I were you.

02-08-07, 05:45 PM   #20
kermitus
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
You're not missing anything. The auction items in the UI are very limited right now. There used to be several other add-ons included, but each was removed at some point for a different reason. The main one we used to use was KCItems before. I'm hoping that will get updated. We'll see.

I've never personally used Auctioneer. I hear it's really useful but very demanding, memory-wise. If nothing else ever pans out, I'll probably look at it again.
Well I think you are right, I went ahead and removed AH and just installed Auctioneer and its dependancys. It works fine, but goes from 42 MB's to 50 MB's but other than that it seems to work ok... my intent is not to change your Interface but its nice haveing auctioneer. So if its ok with you Mazzle I would like to use auctioneer with your interface.

Let me know,

Thanks,
Kermit

Last edited by kermitus : 02-08-07 at 06:10 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Add-On and Settings Suggestions OLD