02-11-07, 02:04 AM   #21
SilverHand
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Rastwo
In fact, if it was up to me, she would say "Greetings!" every time I logged on.
IMPLEMENT THAT NOW
02-11-07, 05:28 PM   #22
Imanelf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I've registered some complaints/suggestions today so it's only fair that I post in this thread, too. Here is what stands out to me, in no particular order.
  • Installer that automagically sizes and places things for resolution and aspect ratio.
  • Gorgeous fonts
  • Arrow above my head pointing to my corpse
  • Ability to see the equipment and inventory on my alts
  • Master UI window with all the addons organized by category
  • Baggins
  • FuBar plugins for combat stats, rep, money, etc.
  • Attractive unit frames and 3d models

I could go on and on. It's a magnificent piece of work. I never thought anyone would put out a comprehensive UI this well designed and easy to install. Thank you.
02-11-07, 05:54 PM   #23
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Imanelf
I've registered some complaints/suggestions today so it's only fair that I post in this thread, too. Here is what stands out to me, in no particular order.
  • Installer that automagically sizes and places things for resolution and aspect ratio.
  • Gorgeous fonts
  • Arrow above my head pointing to my corpse
  • Ability to see the equipment and inventory on my alts
  • Master UI window with all the addons organized by category
  • Baggins
  • FuBar plugins for combat stats, rep, money, etc.
  • Attractive unit frames and 3d models

I could go on and on. It's a magnificent piece of work. I never thought anyone would put out a comprehensive UI this well designed and easy to install. Thank you.
Other than the ones that I bolded.. the rest I think are awsome. But as for the bolded ones, I don't like the unitframes much (for party frame in particular)... they are too spread out so it hard to keep track on them (being a paladin support healer). And wish the textures for the hp/mp bars were changed to something more feasible .

For the arrows above, I think MetaMap does a better job at that and I do believe MetaMap is a lot more useful than Cartographer, despiting the fact that the tracking nodes do not show on minimap (which will be soon in later versions). However, the downside of it is that tinytip seems to be causing an error in which node tracking doesn't get recognized and saved into MetaMap. Other than that, Four thumbs up for MetaMap lol.

Fonts... Meh... I wish Mazzle could add in different font selection instead of just one ... cause I dunno how to add them in without screwing the whole thing up ... I am such a lazy, know-nothing bastard lol

8 thumbs up for mazzleUI
02-11-07, 07:36 PM   #24
trezy
A Cliff Giant
Thanks Mazzle for finally releasing your awesome UI. I like everything thing I have used so far, but I haven't used it much since I am out of WoW time atm..

I'm sure you put so much programming work into this and you deserve all the praise you can get. Thanks alot Mazzle.
Cheers.
02-12-07, 12:02 AM   #25
Mingan
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by SilverHand
IMPLEMENT THAT NOW

I agree.

Also, to be ontopicish...

The best thing so far for me was the waypoint feature of cartographer. Went on to thottbot, got the coords, entered them in, and the thing led me straight where I wanted to go (and led to the quick demise of the bug they call Blacksting =P).
02-12-07, 06:14 AM   #26
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Mingan
I agree.

Also, to be ontopicish...

The best thing so far for me was the waypoint feature of cartographer. Went on to thottbot, got the coords, entered them in, and the thing led me straight where I wanted to go (and led to the quick demise of the bug they call Blacksting =P).
Yeah, I love waypoints. It's one of my favorite features of any add-on, though it does make me long for my all-time favorite add-on, Auto-Travel.
02-12-07, 08:50 AM   #27
Laurana
A Murloc Raider
ZOMG! I didn't even realize that was how WPs work! WOW!

Good thing I chose to read these forums...
02-12-07, 09:03 AM   #28
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Yeah, I love waypoints. It's one of my favorite features of any add-on, though it does make me long for my all-time favorite add-on, Auto-Travel.
wasn't there already an addon that records and connects any checkpoint you created to allow auto-walk?
but that was long long ago lol.. i remember using it..
02-12-07, 09:09 AM   #29
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by 123noob
wasn't there already an addon that records and connects any checkpoint you created to allow auto-walk?
but that was long long ago lol.. i remember using it..
The 2.0 changes made it illegal for an addon to make characters move, so addons like that are no longer possible.
02-14-07, 08:17 AM   #30
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
There's a lot of things I like in this UI compilation. Here's my top ten list:

10) Everything consolidated at the bottom.

9) Integrated/consolidated FAQ and configuration.

8) First release has very few bugs.

7) 3D models.

6) Preconfigured raid frame layouts.

5) Auto-adjustment for resolution and aspect ratio.

4) All the combat tools, from the HUD, to the CD timers and SCT, which all flow nicely with little overlap.

3) Waypoints that you can type in with "/way x,y note" (this is a god-send when you're doing multiple quests).

2) Efficiency modes, and optimized to save memory.

...and...the number one reason Mazzle's UI is sick (in a good way)...

1) Daily responses from the author on the forums.

Thanks Mazzle
02-14-07, 08:39 AM   #31
coniferous
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by meio
The 2.0 changes made it illegal for an addon to make characters move, so addons like that are no longer possible.
Really? I thought auto move was 1.10.. or sooner.

Rest in peace autobuff
02-14-07, 08:52 AM   #32
tophero21
A Cliff Giant

Personally, I really like your hud. I'm not currently using the whole package because I spend half my time on a laptop playing and I found it hard for me to read some of the information on the screen. But the hud is one of the smoothest I have seen, and I am a modaholic so I've seen/tried a lot of them out, that on its own was one of the biggest things that caught my eye when I was looking at the package and I wish it came as a standalone.
Another thing I really liked was the unitframe design and the animations for your 3d models. They are eyecatching, unique, playful and quite smooth.
Mostly, I like the way that you have gathered so many helpful mods and integrated them into a nice compilation and taken the time to organize and put in a system for setting it all up. The install process was clean and simple and while I don't generally have any difficulties putting in new mods, I think that it was probably even more helpful for those users who don't have as much experience/computer know-how.
So congratulations putting together a great package Mazz, while I may not be using it, I can certainly appreciate the amount of time you spent in making it and the originality you have used in coming up with your layout.
Cheers!
02-14-07, 09:30 AM   #33
shaktiboi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Best. UI. Ever. Where do I start? I like so much about MazzleUI, but I'll list only the top 5 since that's probably what you're looking for:
  1. Your in-game documentation is sooooooooooo useful. (And well-written; I'm a 25+ year tech writer so I would know.) The fact that all of your options are documented inline, and the general layout and organization of your options is great.
  2. The Mazzifier is an extremely well-done wizard. It's very very very useful for recovering from mistakes in customizing the UI. I love how you can selectively pick what to update/reset using the mazzifier. For example, while leveling up a newbie character, you can choose only to update the button config/assignments when you mazzify.
  3. Your HUD is just plain awesome. Best. HUD. Ever. My wife hates scrolling combat text, for example, and usually hates cluttering up her playfield with "stuff that makes it look like a game" (breaks immersion). But when I disabled her HUD she yelled at me to put it back, lol.
  4. Great choice of Ace and Fubar addons. Great choice of addons all around. Every addon I ever used manually was already included in your UI. (Baggins, Cartographer, Smartbuff, ItemRack, Clique, etc.)
  5. At first I didn't like your pre-configured Bongo button layouts for each class, but yes, they've grown on me. The only downside is that you have to re-mazzify every 2 levels when you get new skills, so it's impractical to customize your bongo layout/bindings, etc. in any way because all your customizations are lost when you re-mazzify.
02-18-07, 09:26 PM   #34
finalcut
A Defias Bandit

Blatant Love for the Mazz

I've noticed that this is one of the lesser-read threads in the whole Mazzle universe, and that makes me sad. It's also one of the least-posted-to. Makes me even sadder.

It seems that everyone is more concerned about bashing Mazzlefizz or complaining about Mazzlegasms (R.I.P). I would love to post this in one of those threads, but that would only result in endless flaming directed toward me for posting in the wrong place.

Anyway, I love the UI. It's a really well thought out package that serves the needs of every class. The easy set-up makes it usable for players with little or no addon experience. It looks beautiful, too. By far the best part of the package is the F.A.Q. All the answers...right at my fingertips! Not to mention it's funny.

Fantastic job, Mazzle! I can't even get my mind around the effort it must have taken to get this done. I hope you can ignore the detractors and remember that there's much love out there for you. If only others who felt as I do would post...
02-18-07, 09:54 PM   #35
meio
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I didn't like it at first, but it's definitely grown on me. I love how the outline of the bottom area changes to flashing red when you gain aggro. As a Priest it's saved me a number of times in instances, as well as alerting me to when some alliance has tried to attack me from behind.
02-19-07, 06:38 PM   #36
Skan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I totally agree with Tophero21 and what he/she said - Mazzle you have really outdone yourself, and I think (even after all my babble about the M********* issue.....) that this package has set a standard which surpasses many other available addon packages out there. Keep up the great work - maybe I'll try it out again when I have a slightly bigger screen than a 12" Laptop..;P But what I did see when I installed it was perhaps the nicest and easiest to configure addon UI pack out there - I recommend it to anyone who has neither the time nor inclination to make their own UI's, and to those who are looking for a nice clean UI free of un-necessary bits and pieces all over the screen.

grats to you mazzle!
02-20-07, 10:53 AM   #37
Khameleon
An Aku'mai Servant
The artwork at the bottom and the insane amount of help and explanations of everything built in are the best thing about the UI.

The unitframes and 3d models are very nice as well, very attractive look(although they lack many features). I love the look of it for sure.

The use of all the fubar and ace2 addons is very nice, makes everything efficient and easy to use.

hotspots are original and nice.

The chat frames are excellent.
02-20-07, 04:41 PM   #38
TerraLogos
A Defias Bandit
Actually I picked up the UI solely for the Smoothness of the Textures/Fonts, 3D models and Button Layouts. They are amazing. Best thing since Sliced Bread.
02-20-07, 05:24 PM   #39
jetpig
A Murloc Raider
I just registered so as to post in this thread. Your mod is amazing i've been using it since it was posted on wowinsider, and i LOVE it. i have a couple suggestions (will go in teh appropriate forum) but all in all i love this. i added in auctioneer and move to metahud, but that's the beauty of this mod, is that it allows AMAZING flexibility.

Mazzle, I thank you very much for your hard work and wish i could help more than just my thanks.
02-20-07, 06:16 PM   #40
darau2
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i love this UI.

love the way the bottom frame work flashes red when i gain aggro....love the look of the HUD. all the hotspots are cool and easy to use. i like how easy bongos is to reset hotkeys and i like how easy it is to add those little add-ons that i like to use but were not in the UI.

what i really like about this UI---i had a problem yesterday where things got a little screwy in my set up--suddenly i had icons around my map for monkey quest and the map that i didnt add--and Blizzard decided to move the zone info from the side to the middle-top, and there were a few more things that suddenly made my clean picture less perfect--again for no apparent reason....i tried to fix it, but nothing seemed to work. so i went back to my mazzle set up and re-mazzled just my unit frames...and presto! as easy as that all was right with my UI again. No need to rebind my hot keys, no need to set anything else up. soooo what i like most about this UI is how easily it is repaired.

thank you Mazzle and company for spending so much time to create this fantabulous UI--what you have created is nothing less than a work of art. i am a fan

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » What You Really Like Thread