02-21-07, 11:20 AM   #41
Raskol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Where to start!

I've been using MazzleUI for about 2 weeks now, and I love it.

I love how it has introduced me to a huge number of new mods, and those that are far superior to those I had been using: fubar > titan panel, sRaidFrames + oRa2 + BigWigs >>> ctra, autobar, gogomount, smartbuff.

I love how clean the UI is when I'm not in combat, in a group, or targeting anything.

I love the way the ability cooldown and debuff timers are layed out - frostshock kiting has never been easier! I especially like how the timer bars are separated into different frames - debuffs on the left, cooldowns in the middle, etc.

I like the keybinding setups. I still customize them, but they've opened my eyes to using keys other than ctrl/alt/shift + 1-0 for all my spells.

I LOVE the efficiency modes. It is great to be able to switch to lower graphics and other settings in cities or for intensive bossfights.

Great work!
02-21-07, 05:29 PM   #42
Plubb
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up Simply.....

The Best .......
02-22-07, 10:15 AM   #43
Gemminie
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I used to use DoTimer on my warlock (and on other characters to a lesser extent), to track debuff times and ability cooldowns. That was the one thing I was missing in MazzleUI.

And then I found out that MazzleUI had Chronometer -- it was just disabled for me, for some reason. I enabled it, and now I have debuff and cooldown timers. Yet another thing that MazzleUI has already thought of.
02-22-07, 02:47 PM   #44
Durzil
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Gemminie
I used to use DoTimer on my warlock (and on other characters to a lesser extent), to track debuff times and ability cooldowns. That was the one thing I was missing in MazzleUI.

And then I found out that MazzleUI had Chronometer -- it was just disabled for me, for some reason. I enabled it, and now I have debuff and cooldown timers. Yet another thing that MazzleUI has already thought of.
Dotimer is still better !!!!! Just another Durzil stab at getting mazz to look at including it again
Give Locks Green Fire!!!
02-26-07, 07:53 PM   #45
infuzion
A Defias Bandit
I really like how Mazzle has a config, to help explain what everything does, & sometime if it drains performance. The config also makes the UI look (close) to what the screen caps show; many comps have the programs, but not the setup/layouts (WTF stuff).

The clean interface, with lots of info is what I was looking for. 3 text windows to help split up the info (chat/damage/events) is great.
Lots of handy tools to make life easier.
03-01-07, 09:59 PM   #46
Nomad_Soul
A Kobold Labourer
I love how it's an extremely efficient, professional, comprehensive, and easy to use UI package. The very thorough documentation and ease at which the UI can be customized are both excellent touches. I also very much enjoy the default class keybindings that are included; they've helped make my control setup simpler and more effective. Thanks, and please keep up the good work.

Sincerely,
Nomad_Soul
03-02-07, 01:34 AM   #47
Duskshroud
A Murloc Raider
1) Talent add-on is awesome
2) Auto layout mazzifier finally takes the headaches out of setting up an entire UI - fabulous work
3) Class specific layouts that are actually useful!!!!
4) General selection of add-ons, most of which I was already using, but incorporated well, all work together well.

Good job!
03-04-07, 07:56 AM   #48
Ziot
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I actually picked up wow again after having permanently quit WoW. Doing my first quests in outland these days on the shaman I made when the UI was released. What I love the most is the pre-set layouts of buttons and the intuïtivity of the UI.

I actually tried using the Photek compilation because my pc kinda sucks and it's half the mb's, but it just didn't feel right.. So Mazzle UI is my home.. gratz on that, and thanks. Been using a lot of UI's over the course of the years and have been playing since the beta.. very good job
03-05-07, 11:17 AM   #49
hanoverfiste
A Murloc Raider
A quick thanks

i'm a big fan of this UI. everything is nice, condensed, well thought out and well laid out. it's definitely enhanced my enjoyment of the game. so, thank you everyone involved in this project for your hard work!
03-06-07, 11:58 AM   #50
Tronjheim
A Kobold Labourer
this UI makes me scared to try other MMO's like WAR because it won't have mazzle :-(

makes me wonder if Mazzlefizz will get a job interview at Blizzard any time soon...

--
Tronjheim 70 Rogue (Maelstrom)
03-09-07, 01:13 AM   #51
sscootzz
A Defias Bandit

Thumbs up Anything less than lavish would not be...civilized.

I think the only way I can truly post to this thread, is one thing at a time. Otherwise, I could easily spend all of my time extolling the virtues of this fine piece of coding. And then, of course, I'd have to face WoW-withdrawal. Eeewwk! That said, the first feature of MazzleUI I'd like to comment on is right here: these forums and the entirety of the MazzleUI Portal itself. I am hard-pressed to think of a more insightful and informative software forum, a place of intelligent discourse and supportive author feedback, with just the right amount of humor entwined throughout its presentation. So I say, IMHO, "Kudos to MazzleFizz, UI-coder extraordinaire! May the road always rise to greet you and the wind be always at your back." Best wishes and many thanks for this inspired labor of love.
03-12-07, 06:53 AM   #52
Mizer18
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Best thing to me...

I would really have to say the mini-characters with the health and mana bars, so much easier to keep track of my parties lives with that, even though i'm a hunter and mage so healing isn't my concern, its just good to know who to tell the priest to heal so we dont wipe on first instances, lol
03-15-07, 04:24 PM   #53
EchoFive
A Murloc Raider
First, let me say that I usually really -hate- compilations. I used the original Cosmos way back in the day and I swore I would never use another compilation after that. Mazzle is incredibly well done though, major props to the author. The defining feature for me is simply how well the UI functions as one coherent interface; as opposed to a haphazard collection of mods. It presents all the information I could ever want, and does it in a visually appealing and clean way; Again major props, I don't know if it matters but I am a graphic designer by trade, and the layout and thoughtfullness that went into designing how / where things are displayed is amazing; from a design / layout standpoint this UI is very professionally done.

Secondly, the ingame configuration utility, it's awesome how easy it is to tailor the interface to exactilly what you want.

and man; don't let the *******s get you down there are tons of them everywhere. This UI is an awesome piece of work, it quite honestly renewed my interest in WoW. Honestly you can tell your work is good when people feel the need to hate on you, a crappy low-profile piece of work never gets hatemail.

Last edited by EchoFive : 03-15-07 at 04:43 PM.
03-22-07, 01:05 PM   #54
Klaatha
A Kobold Labourer
I would like to add myself to the huge list of happy MazzleUI users. i do have one suggestion though. I would very much like to see another healing addon than clique. I use HealBot myself and I find that much more effective than clique. I understand that there might be problems with the party/raid icons, but i simply remove those when in raids. Who knows.. maybe there is a way to implement HealBot to use with your raidicons?

Keep the good work up!
03-25-07, 03:19 AM   #55
amz370
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
my mazzle ui vid

so heres a cool vid for 2 reason, shows my verion of mazzle (stupidly with out bigwigs turned on...woops) and ti shows it rocking out for thoughs who may be interested in it

also, itsm a moroes fight that defies all strats as to how to beet him.....2 shot moroes first try in kara

love the ui mazz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uanO9B-NQpg
04-17-07, 09:48 AM   #56
Jurka
A Defias Bandit

nearby everything is great but there is 1 or 2 things thet could be better like:
1)lower memory using
2)less no update addons
i specially like everything els or i wouldn't use this ui anyway
04-26-07, 09:12 PM   #57
Zakriel
A Murloc Raider
What I like...

I've been using Mazzle starting just a couple of days after 1.0 was released. Here's my impression.

The Setup --- 11/10
Nothing else compares in the ui realm. I have always used ui add-ons extensively and the biggest pain in the behind has been the after patch hangover of re-setting up the ui after updates. This one goes to eleven! My favorite things:
  • Default set-ups for each class. I have a mage, warrior and a 'lock. Sure I've moved some stuff, but it was an intelligent layout to begin with. It didn't look like my ui threw up on my screen.
  • It's quick... 80% of the work in 5% of the time.
  • PvP vs. PvE vs. Both - You had me at class selection.
  • Single ui for setup, with control if you want it.
  • Mazzlegasm. I've not upgraded. It must be heard.

Documentation --- 10/10
There's a lot there. That's for sure. I don't think there was anything I couldn't find unless it was a bug. My favorite things:
  • Nicely laid out topic menu
  • Links to turn things on/off or set options within the menu

Layout --- 9/10
I still don't know how you can see type that small. My favorite things:
  • Multiple settings for various screen resolution
  • Thought out use of keyboard
  • Still customizeable if you want to tweak
  • Very effecient use of screen-estate

Mod Selection --- 9/10
I get teary eyed when I think of all the useful things that have been packed in here. My favorite things I'd never discovered myself:
  • Free Refills... how much easier is that?
  • Fubar Garbage Fu... It's the satisfaction of cleaning out the garage without the work
  • GoGo mount... What can I say i have a lot of vehicles
  • xcalc... I kid here. I don't know what I'd ever do with a calculator in game. But here it is!

Overall --- 9.89/10 Okay now would be a good time for a calculator
To me it boils down to a lot of layers. You can run a ton of mods or you can run it light. There's very little out in the open that doesn't need to be. Yet most everything is within a couple of clicks. You can get into the nitty gritty numbers of your character or you can just know enough to spam fireball. It's not for everyone but it's for most, and that's a tough thing to solve for.

You've put together a nice package here Mazzle and I appreciate the time you've put into it. *clap**clap**clap* . Dinner is on its way. I'll save my suggestions for the suggestion thread.

-Z-
04-27-07, 06:32 PM   #58
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks for the thoughtful post, Zak. I really appreciate those comments.

And in reference for the comments in the mod selection area of your post, most credit there really goes to those authors. I'm sure they would appreciate hearing those things if you make it into their forums.

And I do know it's hard to find sites/threads for the various add-ons. A couple users/beta-testers started compiling lists of authors/web-sites/donation addressses for me to include in the help area of MazzleOptions, but, unfortunately, none of them ever finished or gave me anything. Maybe someday...
04-28-07, 08:46 AM   #59
Moonsong
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I have tried several compilations and am an enthusiastic, if generally ignorant, early addon adopter

Even so, Mazzle UI has introduced me to so many really great addons that even look good, and it's been so excellent to have all that functionality without the clutter I had made for myself. That was the real reason I was looking for a UI - to try to get rid of all the junk I had on the screen but still have all that info and doodads.

Baggins has got to be the best bag mod ever - and I have tried several, ever since finding AllinOneInventory. I use most of the Fu stuff, which was new to me - GuildFu is extremely useful, as we have a very alt-friendly guild, and I can now see our guild notes right away and easily tell who is who.

The chat setup has helped me a great deal, and I love the way consumables automatically appear, allowing a choice of what to drink/eat/use when there are more than one per category.

Free Refills has, I'm quite sure, led to a loss of brain cells, since I never ever worry about being out of reagents and now amaze my friends by always having extra

I used to use the ct_mailmod function that allowed several items in boxes that then all got mailed out. The one with Mazzle is so much faster, though, just by alt clicking - I was surprised.

And it goes on. I like everything so far - oh, I have found Bongos and also the categorizing of the Blizz keybindings *enormously* helpful - Bongos is the first keybindings addon that I have been able to use easily and quickly, and it has made me a better player - which is one of the goals of a UI, right?

Finally, the whole philosophy of MazzleUI, the humor and graphics, your personality expressed through the UI and instructions/FAQs, etc., really makes it a lot of fun to use (also one of the goals of a UI?) - and the 3D models across the bottom are now something I "need" to have WoW seem like the same game anymore. Thanks!
05-01-07, 12:21 AM   #60
darko265
A Cyclonian

i like the layout of party members as it's very easy to use and if i heal i can see everyone's heal really easily

i still such a low lvl

Withren is my main now because i give up on characters very easy but it's just i found tirant boring as a paladin (i'm sure some people think they're great but they're not for everybody)

I now love hunters

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » What You Really Like Thread