02-08-07, 06:19 PM   #41
fright
A Murloc Raider
Dedicated Engineer's and Rogue wishes

Hi and tnx for a great compilation, got a few small wishes wich i seem to lack but that i think would be great.

1. Im a dedicated engineer and love my trinkets, combat pets , gadgets and especially my BOMBS. Atm i had doo do some small changes to autobar since i think the handling of explosives in it are great but I would love something like the (SHIFT+MB4) popup but for bombs, holy water and everything else i could need in a split second.

2. While using the bag mod wich i think is called bagins I noticed that i sorts alot of stuff into the wrong categorys such as the grim guzler key and alot of enginering trinkets. Future request for this addon on the other hand would be a box called new wich only contains all the itens flagged *new*.

3. Since I also play a rogue i miss a few small things such as a litle more help wich keeping my poisons in stock. A mod wich I added wich i think would make a great addition would be Antropine wich can be found at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-Atropine.html.

4. For a rogue can timing be everything soo a Energy watcher would be great wich lets me keep track off time until next "tick".

5. This one might allready be possible but then Im to stupid too find it. I really love the red flashes when i got aggro but would it be possible too either bind it to a button, have a on/off button somewhere on the main ui or have it be on in partys and off when you solo?

Well thats all that I can think off for now, good night and enjoy.

Last edited by fright : 02-08-07 at 06:28 PM.

02-08-07, 07:24 PM   #42
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tigerheart
1) The bongos version that's included is ideally intuitive for bar creation (wish the real bongos did that). Unfortunately it's "snap to this layout" behavior makes it impossible to lay out buttons and make even the slightest modification later w/o re-setting all the positions. An option to turn off the "snap to default bar organization" would be ideal.

It's already in there, in the /bongos config menu, top option if I recall right... it's at least in the top part of the window lol.
Actually, he's talking about a feature I added. It's something that restores relative anchors as specified in the cached layout installed when you Mazzify. It's not the Bongos sticky thing.

The plan was to have an entirely different button interface where you can change those anchors in addition to some other stuff. I don't know when I'll get to it.

Anyway, the real problem is not being able to specify those anchors, b/c they are the source of what makes changing some of those settings so easy right now compared to the original bongos we were working with. Lots of the settings code use it.

If I don't get around to working on the new button add-on soon, I probably will add disabling the cached layout placement as an option. Until then, I'd suggest leaving the placement of your bars to last. Adjust the size, spacing, etc first. Then drag them around.

2) Hotspots are configured for addons that are included and they're terrific; however, not all mods included (e.g. xcalc) are useful for everyone or other similar mods may be the user's choice (e.g. notepad). An ability to reconfigure the hotspots would be wonderful -- even if it were limited to slash commands (since it would be difficult to anticipate every mod's opening characteristics) it would go a long way to making the UI tailorable.

Interesting idea, however, in almost every occasion it's not as simple as it may seem at first. This also would require some sort of intuitive interface with it to configure things, some way of redoing the tooltips for what is where, and etc. By the time you are done, you've just made it much more complicated to figure out. We must remember not everyone is a 'power user'! That's one reason some of the aspects of the UI exist, such as the FAQ, and MazzleOptions.
Part of it is the trouble of making a good UI to change the mapping, and part of it is what a hotspot does isn't always as simple as a slash comand. For example, toggling SmartDebuff actually calls stuff to rearrange the MT windows and hide bags if necessary. Toggling xcalc loads the add-on if it isn't, etc.

Anyways, configurable hotspots has been on my ideas list for a long time. It's just not very high priority.

3) While I'm at it, silly as it is: the mazzleconfig is a nice, easy place to find things so long as you use only what Mazzle included. When adding other mods, it would be nice to be able to include them into that interface ad-hoc (i.e. user provides mod-name, command to open configuration)

The actual layout of the MazzleOptions is very complex. The only real way to add this sort of setup, is to manually program it in! Every single AddOn has it's own unique way of doing things. Most of the MazzleOptions actually set the configs the same way as the original mod does rather then depending on calling a function or such. In this way, it can avoid potential errors if say, you update the mod, and it changes that function name.

This is why there is pretty much no 'custom' way of adding these sorts of things. I won't pull words out of mazzle's mouth, but I don't see this happening, at least not right now though there may be a way to make it so AddOn devs could add their own options into the menu, but again, I'm not Mazzle, so don't expect what I say will happen :P.

-TigerHeart
I think he's suggesting something much simpler, just a user editable list of strings->/slash commands that perhaps get mapped to buttons. While possible, it would again be very low priority. I have a ton of stuff that I'd like to get working for things that are part of the package. Catering to what's not in the package isn't very high on my list.

What is on my list is to do a deucecommander type thing on a per add-on basis, so you can access them from their individual entries rather than have to read it and then go back and forth. I already do it for a few add-ons like SimpleCombatLog.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 02-08-07 at 07:28 PM.

02-08-07, 07:30 PM   #43
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by fright
5. This one might allready be possible but then Im to stupid too find it. I really love the red flashes when i got aggro but would it be possible too either bind it to a button, have a on/off button somewhere on the main ui or have it be on in partys and off when you solo?
Yeah, that's a good idea for an efficiency mode item. I'll see if I can get that in there.

02-09-07, 04:48 AM   #44
hubutz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Screenshots

would be nice to have a thread with a "standard"-screenie for each class

02-09-07, 11:25 AM   #45
Tempestas
A Murloc Raider
Thanks...and suggestions

And now for a little less drama...and back on topic.

First, excellent job. Second, I hate gnomes they really disturb me. They are like gnats that need a good swatting. You need to think about a Hordifying version. For the Horde!!

I had a highly customized UI starting with the Deuce UI and making many adds changes, deletions, and customizations, but have had to make extensive use of "bug catchers" to make certain parts behave after 2.0 and the recent patches, but many of the addons I was using (Ace 2.0 fan) are incorporated in your UI, so I ditched it entirely (renamed the interface and WTF folders) and put in yours. Just to test it. I like it so much that I plan on keeping it with a few modifications.

The one thing you really need to fix has nothing to do with the UI. You state all over the site to READ THE FAQ, but when I click on the FAQ button (Menu Section of the portal), it is blank. After installing your UI, I now know what FAQ you are referring to, and it is very well done. But please fix the FAQ link so others are not as confused as I was. It would also be nice to see a list of addons used in the UI here prior to downloading. I was unable to find one and finally downloaded it and looked at the folders myself.
_____
Things I love:
Reminders for buffs and casting them with the mouse wheel (Not yours, but thanks for including it)

The overall look of the UI. It is very clean while still giving me TONS of fun addons.

Finding new things like dieing and having an arrow point to my corpse and tell me how far it was.

The setup routine was amazing even if I am not a fan of the mazzlegasm yell.

GarbageFu or whatever it is had stopped working in my UI. I try to string many quests together and find my bags full frequently. I am also a dumb____ and will enter instances without clearing my bags first. Being able to quickly drop the trash that will sell for the least is huge and I am so happy to have it back.
______
Things I miss:
Buffs/debuffs listed on the side of the screen with bars that graphically represent how much longer they have left. More obtrusive, but important for me as a class (druid) with multiple buffs and decurses. Added ElkBuffBar and life is groovy again.

SpeedFu - Although last time I checked, this addon had not been updated recently; it works perfectly even in outland. Very nice to notice at a glance that I am not moving at full speed in travel form/mounted due to wearing the wrong items. You might look at adding this, I have and seems to play nice as well. (You could add monkey speed since you already have MQ, but it didn’t always report speed correctly for me, unlike speedfu)

ArcHUD - The mazzel hud is nice and I am sure it is much lighter in memory and processing than archud, but I personally think ArcHUD looks a little more elegant. I do think ArcHUD is bloated and would be happy to part with it. In my mind the mazzlehud needs ONE thing. I love having it not show when not in combat, but after a fight it would be nice if it stuck around until my health and mana were filled, or at least had it as an option. I am used to having no unit frame visible for myself and relying entirely on the HUD, so I found myself constantly entering a fight low on health or mana because it had not replenished. Again, I think the HUD NEEDS this function. I currently have it set to the lightest transparency setting at all time, getting more intense in combat, but this is not as nice as having it go away. I also think it would be an improvement to add the ability to change the color of the bars, and even more to have the ability to change color based on a set value, like have the health bar be green until 40% then turn red and have the value and colors be user selected. And last, could we get an option for less intrusive combo points. They have to be right there, and I like seeing them individually as opposed to the filling bar that ArcHud used, but currently it looks like the Easter Bunny threw up next to my HUD.

Displaying multiple chat windows at the same time. I run in 1980x1200 mode, so I have a lot of horizontal space to play with. I had my buttons where your map is and the map up in the view. This allowed me enough room to have General, Party, Guild, and Combat chat windows always open. I'll look at this more later and see if I find a solution. Not that what you have done doesn't work...it does and I may decide it is best to just get used to it.

The ability to move the camera really far away from my toon. For some reason, even setting the camera distance to far or whatever it is in the Bliz settings, I can only zoom out maybe 1/3 of the distance I used to. Should I report this as a bug or is it intended?
_____

Other suggestions:
As a druid, some are going to want a bar that changes when the prowl. I don't need one, because I have macros like: pounce if stealthed or mangle if not, ravage if stealthed or shred if not, Tigers fury if stealthed or Feral Faerie Fire if not, etc. If you default Druid setup added those macros, you don’t need the stealthed bar. I would think this would be true for rogues too.

Unless I missed it, you should have a way to skip the key-rebindings. I tried your custom druid setup and was very uncomfortable when hitting P and not getting my spell book, etc.
____

That's all for now, I have used it two nights in a row now. Last night I completed several kill quests. I will be adding speedfu, auctioneer, and a few others tonight. I look forward to using it in a party and raid.

Excellent work!! (In spite of the detestable gnome theme) Just from the time I have spent on my previous UI and writing programs for work, I have an idea of the obscene amount of time you have spent to not only make things play nicely, but play nicely in multiple displays. Then there is the install, FAQ, options, etc. Crazy amount of time. Thank you for the time you spent, really.

02-09-07, 12:01 PM   #46
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thank you for the nice sentiments, but I'd suggest splitting that post up and putting the parts in the appropriate thread. There are several elements of that I would respond to, but I need to keep things organized and on-topic in the threads.

02-09-07, 12:04 PM   #47
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

Originally Posted by VincentSDSH
1) The bongos version that's included is ideally intuitive for bar creation (wish the real bongos did that). Unfortunately it's "snap to this layout" behavior makes it impossible to lay out buttons and make even the slightest modification later w/o re-setting all the positions. An option to turn off the "snap to default bar organization" would be ideal.
Originally Posted by TigerHeart

It's already in there, in the /bongos config menu, top option if I recall right... it's at least in the top part of the window lol.
Untrue.

First of all, Bongos doens't have a "config" parameter (it's just /bob) so I'm not even sure you're thinking of the proper mod.

Secondly, the options on General are: "Lock Bar Positions" and "Enable Sticky Bars" (which just causes bongos bars near each other to auto-stick for better alignment).

What I'm talking about is this: Move a bar, add/subtract/resize/anything and zap, it repositions where you didn't put it but according to where the Mazzifer initially puts it. So if you have an advanced config, where bar 4 buts to bar 1, if you move them apart, alter, say, the scale of bar 3, zap, bars 1 and 4 are repositioned.

It's that "zap" behavior that really needs an "on / off" switch. The version of Bongos included is significantly better than the release version, imho; however, with this "zap" feature of bongos, it makes it unusable b/c you can't arrange things how you want to use them.

If you (as I have to at this point b/c even the best layout contains too few buttons for my taste) replace the supplied Bongos with the current authors, you not only lose hot-spot happiness but wind up having issues with oCD and the preloader -- which you can code your way around or just hack out the oCD call and disable oCD. Both are far inferior options to an additional option in the supplied Bongos to just skip the auto-arrange part of the code if you don't need/want it.

02-09-07, 12:12 PM   #48
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Untrue.

First of all, Bongos doens't have a "config" parameter (it's just /bob) so I'm not even sure you're thinking of the proper mod.

Secondly, the options on General are: "Lock Bar Positions" and "Enable Sticky Bars" (which just causes bongos bars near each other to auto-stick for better alignment).

What I'm talking about is this: Move a bar, add/subtract/resize/anything and zap, it repositions where you didn't put it but according to where the Mazzifer initially puts it. So if you have an advanced config, where bar 4 buts to bar 1, if you move them apart, alter, say, the scale of bar 3, zap, bars 1 and 4 are repositioned.

It's that "zap" behavior that really needs an "on / off" switch. The version of Bongos included is significantly better than the release version, imho; however, with this "zap" feature of bongos, it makes it unusable b/c you can't arrange things how you want to use them.

If you (as I have to at this point b/c even the best layout contains too few buttons for my taste) replace the supplied Bongos with the current authors, you not only lose hot-spot happiness but wind up having issues with oCD and the preloader -- which you can code your way around or just hack out the oCD call and disable oCD. Both are far inferior options to an additional option in the supplied Bongos to just skip the auto-arrange part of the code if you don't need/want it.
I went through this a little bit as I was getting used to the UI. I found it made much more sense to get rid of a few of the bars, make a few of the existing ones larger, and extend them over the length of the layout area. Doing that minimizes the amount of bar movements you have to do later in the event of a "reset", gives you all the button space you would ever need, and little reason to move them around, unless you are really sensitive about aesthetics and need it center-justified down to the pixel.

02-09-07, 12:56 PM   #49
VincentSDSH
Non-Canadian Luzer!

That won't help you a bit if you need to alter something for a new mod you've added or one you've taken out or something along those lines. That's what I had a lot of -- about two hours of before I ripped it out for the author-released bongos -- just between two chars. One of the great things about how the imbeded Bongos is the dynamic bar length where you don't lose buttons and such so it makes it ideal for placing information where you want to see it. I'm sure there's other ways to hop around it (diminish bars to 1 button and invis them, then reassign other bars...or something like that) but it's like trying to dance around microsoft api bugs...

It should be a fairly simple addition to make considering all the other work they put into Bongos.

(besides, with the number of mods I've replaced and/or altered, any upgrade to the package will have to be piece-meal -- which goes back to the "modularity" I mentioned before -- just try to rework the thing if you've nixed monkeyquest, simplecombatlog, etc...it dies. Hell, it errors out if you don't check mazz3d models... I can take integration of mods just fine but requiring a mod you don't want to be installed to update other mods you do want...is bizarre.)

Last edited by VincentSDSH : 02-09-07 at 01:00 PM.

02-09-07, 01:13 PM   #50
daxs
A Murloc Raider
I saw someone ask about a energy regen ticker mod, but no reply so I'll ask again.

I would love to see the addon "tick" included in MUI. It is a tiny addon, shows numerical combo points, energy totals, timing of energy reticks, and very cusomizable.

Even if you don't want to add "tick", (maybe it's a memory hog?) some kind of mod to watch my energy regen is desperately needed for rogues.

Thanks

02-09-07, 01:14 PM   #51
Tori
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
uh, hi

i just had a few suggestions and wanted to put them down real quick ...

i read about the probability of adding auctioneer .... i personally dont think its that good of an addon because of the much discussed memory flaws, BUT theres one single feature that made me install it again and would be nice, if it would be in mazzle. it is just the "Post Auction" window, wich lets you post multiple stacks of choose able size at the same price (like 5 times greater magic essence in stacks of 1 for 1g buyout or something). its just extremely useful and i guess that alone wouldnt make it that big of a memory flaw, but im not sure if there's some standalone version out

second, i suggest disabling right-click-self-casting in autobar for petclasses (wl, hunter)
i constantly bandage my pet and it was a little of an annoyance to waste some bandages on myself when i had almost full health, but actually not big a deal, i disabled it rather quickly, just suggesting it should be standardized (i assume that most ppl bandage their pets)

third, it would be nice to have a faq entry or an option in the mazzifier, how to set up baggings to replace the bags onebag style. i guess it is possible, but i couldnt figure it out yet.

fourth, the standard key bindings for the classes are mostly great (at least that i know of, i play shaman, hunter, druid and now paladin ), but again, i found a little annoyance: as a hunter, the s1-7 for the aspects are buggin me to hell because i always press 1 when i wanted to press the mount combo. i already reassigned those, but just for the record

all in all, mazzleUI is still an almost flawless UI and enhanced my wow game experience bigtime, thanx dude (ill just assume u are a dude, apologys when im wrong ... )

mfg
Tori

02-09-07, 01:47 PM   #52
Tempestas
A Murloc Raider
Splitting up

Splitting up my post from before as requested...

Suggestions:

1) You state all over the forums to READ THE FAQ, but when I click on the FAQ button here at WOW Interface, it is blank. After installing your UI, I now know what FAQ you are referring to, and it is very well done. But please fix the FAQ link on the forums so others are not as confused as I was. (I see now there is one ther but the one labled simplly GFAQ is blank. Perhaps put a not in there like the bug reports directing people elsewhaere)

2) It would also be nice to see a list of addons used in the UI here prior to downloading. I was unable to find one and finally downloaded it and looked at the folders myself.

3) MazzleHUD - Fabulous but could be benefitted by:
a) Thinner bars so it looks a little nicer (IMO) like ArrcHUD
b) HUGELY IMPORTANT Currently you can have it not show when not in combat. Love it. But would be nice if is stayed around after combat until you were at full mana and full health or had thais as an option. I like to use the HUD alone and it is nice to know before I enter a battle that I am not at full health without targeting myself or looking to the side of the screen.
c) I also think it would be an improvement to add the ability to change the color of the bars, and even more to have the ability to change color based on a set value, like have the health bar be green until 40% then turn red and have the value and colors be user selectable
d) And last, could we get an option for less intrusive combo points. They have to be right there, and I like seeing them individually as opposed to the filling bar method that ArcHud used, but currently it looks like the Easter Bunny threw up or laid easter eggs next to my HUD.

4) Displaying multiple chat windows at the same time. I run in 1980x1200 mode, so I have a lot of horizontal space to play with. I had my buttons where your map is and the map up in the view. This allowed me enough room to have General, Party, Guild, and Combat chat windows always open. I'll look at this more later and see if I find a solution. Not that what you have done doesn't work...it does and I may decide it is best to just get used to it. I think on wide screen the button bars could be shorter to allow for more windows. I will play with it and provide a screenshot.

5) The ability to move the camera really far away from my toon. For some reason, even setting the camera distance to far or whatever it is in the Bliz settings, I can only zoom out maybe 1/3 of the distance I used to. Should I report this as a bug or is it intended?

6) As a druid, some are going to want a bar that changes when the prowl. I don't need one, because I have macros like: pounce if stealthed or mangle if not, ravage if stealthed or shred if not, Tigers fury if stealthed or Feral Faerie Fire if not, etc. If you default Druid setup added those macros, you don’t need the stealthed bar. I would think this would be true for rogues too. If you added these to the setups that map spells for you...it would be a winner.

7) Unless I missed it, you should have a way to skip the key-rebindings. I tried your custom druid setup and was very uncomfortable when hitting P and not getting my spell book, etc. I ended up going to the simple layout and modifying from there, but if I wasnet used to my button patter I would have liked yours, just not the keybindings.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Last edited by Tempestas : 02-09-07 at 05:12 PM.

02-09-07, 02:18 PM   #53
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That won't help you a bit if you need to alter something for a new mod you've added or one you've taken out or something along those lines. That's what I had a lot of -- about two hours of before I ripped it out for the author-released bongos -- just between two chars. One of the great things about how the imbeded Bongos is the dynamic bar length where you don't lose buttons and such so it makes it ideal for placing information where you want to see it. I'm sure there's other ways to hop around it (diminish bars to 1 button and invis them, then reassign other bars...or something like that) but it's like trying to dance around microsoft api bugs...

It should be a fairly simple addition to make considering all the other work they put into Bongos.

(besides, with the number of mods I've replaced and/or altered, any upgrade to the package will have to be piece-meal -- which goes back to the "modularity" I mentioned before -- just try to rework the thing if you've nixed monkeyquest, simplecombatlog, etc...it dies. Hell, it errors out if you don't check mazz3d models... I can take integration of mods just fine but requiring a mod you don't want to be installed to update other mods you do want...is bizarre.)
I understood what you said about the positioning thing and I corrected Tiger and responded to your comment in a post last night. It's up there. You may have missed it.

And yes, you may find this package "bizarre." While you clearly meant it as a pejoritive, I agree in a way. I am indeed trying to do something different than a standard compilation. The goal is coherency and that includes add-ons that configure and modulate the behavior of other add-ons. Sometimes this requires assumptions and even specific add-ons to be present. I can sometimes generalize elements of that away, but it's not always worth the effort to me.

If all the snide remarks you make in your various posts are truly representative of how you feel, I don't think this UI is what you're looking for. You may want to try a true compilation, which will inherently be more modular. I don't think this UI is for everyone, and I'll hope that you find something you like better.

02-09-07, 03:15 PM   #54
TigerHeart
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I know mazzle corrected me here, I just wanted to go back over one thing here.

Actually, that was just poor wording on my behalf, what I meant was the "/bongos" config menu. The config menu being what shows up when you type "/bongos".

And because I misunderstood your original question, I was referring to the 'Enable Sticky Bars' option. I did not realize that mazzle had added in this other feature to lock bars in place, which is why I misunderstood your question. It sounded like you were speaking of the "Sticky Bars" setting, which does something similar to what you were saying.

I'll have to look at what mazzle did to add this feature in, and perhaps see why he did it that way to see how 'easy' it would be to make it skip it. I may add this in myself, simply to take one more thing off of mazzle's 'todo list' plate as I know how important button customization is.

-TigerHeart

02-09-07, 07:58 PM   #55
TDurden
A Fallenroot Satyr
3D Model as standalone mod

Congratulations on getting MazzleUI out, it's a very nice mod package.

I'm wondering about the possibility of releasing the 3D character models as a standalone mod. I prefer to "roll my own" as mods go and have never used a package, but I would love to use the 3D model in my setup. I understand it will not work without the entire MazzleUI currently and Mazzle has had no plans to release it separately, but I'm hoping enough people might be interested in this for him to reconsider it.

Thanks!

02-09-07, 08:33 PM   #56
TigerHeart
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by TDurden
Congratulations on getting MazzleUI out, it's a very nice mod package.

I'm wondering about the possibility of releasing the 3D character models as a standalone mod. I prefer to "roll my own" as mods go and have never used a package, but I would love to use the 3D model in my setup. I understand it will not work without the entire MazzleUI currently and Mazzle has had no plans to release it separately, but I'm hoping enough people might be interested in this for him to reconsider it.

Thanks!

Mazzle knows how many people are interested in it, but as was said before in another thread, he simply has too much on his platter right this moment to even consider it, no matter how many people want it. Therefore trying to reiterate it over and over, to be frank, only serves to clutter the forums up. Mazzle has no interest in doing it at this time.

Think of it this way, he has all of this work even now to do now on the UI. Try to count how many posts this forum is getting per day with questions. Now, imagine if he released 3 or 4 other standalone versions he won't even use (as he uses the UI versions himself). Now, the number of posts increments even faster, and those outside of the bounds of the UI are just going to be ignored for the most part.

I guess the question to ask is: Would you rather have a comprehensive UI such as MazzleUI? Or would you rather have a craptastic standalone 3d char system that only works in certain conditions, and even then can break easily?

The 3D unit frames in their current state require certain... things, which are much a part of the core functionality of the UI. It's one of those 'this requires that which requires this because of that' sort of things. There's no easy way to just pull it out, and give it to someone without major major overhauls of code. If he decides to overhaul the code, then well... lets just say 1.0 would also most likely be the last version of MazzleUI you would see for an extremely long time.

-TigerHeart

02-09-07, 09:06 PM   #57
MagnusRahl
A Kobold Labourer
I am quite pleased with the results of my first two days of testing MazzleUI 1.0. The only feature I'd like to see in the future is to actually scale the 3D Avatar of your own character.

I know that my monitor resolution is quite unusual with its 1920x1200px but I really fancy to have my own character a little larger on a screen like this! (i've tried to resize it with DUF but that did not quite as I had expected)

is there a chance to implement that for future versions?

cheers

02-09-07, 09:16 PM   #58
TDurden
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by TigerHeart
I guess the question to ask is: Would you rather have a comprehensive UI such as MazzleUI? Or would you rather have a craptastic standalone 3d char system that only works in certain conditions, and even then can break easily?
Well in my particular case, neither. As I stated, I don't use packages, I roll my own.

The 3D unit frames in their current state require certain... things, which are much a part of the core functionality of the UI. It's one of those 'this requires that which requires this because of that' sort of things. There's no easy way to just pull it out, and give it to someone without major major overhauls of code. If he decides to overhaul the code, then well... lets just say 1.0 would also most likely be the last version of MazzleUI you would see for an extremely long time.
I understand. Has Mazzle considered making MazzleUI a community project, similar to say, Auctioneer or Cosmos? In that case, the 3D model and other aspects of MazzleUI could be pulled and an designed as standalone mods. As it stands now, MazzleUI is already a massive undertaking for one person to handle. If it were opened up for others to contribute their knowledge it might smooth over the process.

I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, I didn't take the time to read through the hundreds of posts here and the WoW forums to find it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

02-09-07, 09:56 PM   #59
dorlf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
A few things I would love to see:
Make the height of the UI area (bottom part of the screen where the bongos bars are) adjustable. Mostly this would just be anchoring the unitframes to it so they would move as well. Also make the minimap scaleable. I primarily play a hunter, and my current setup has a minimap placed similar to the MazzleUI's, but significantly larger, and its hard giving it up.

I'd also love to see some basic look-and-feel options to the unit frames. Being able to globally change the color of the health/mana bars, scale them, etc would be wonderful. Maybe check out ag_unitframes and see how they do it.

Lastly, it'd be nice to be able to turn off/change the textures on the whole bottom area. That would a) allow you to make more efficient use of the space and b) customize the look. I'd think that'd be one of the first things to do for a UI that specializes in efficient use of playspace.

-D

02-09-07, 10:14 PM   #60
dorlf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
upon closer examination, it looks like the graphics aren't modular enough to easily be adjustable like that. unfortunate.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Feature Requests and All Other Suggestions OLD