02-09-07, 09:17 PM   #41
dorlf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
First of all, thanks Mazzle and the testers for the large amount of work they put into this compilation. I'd been looking forward to trying it for some time was very excited to put it to the test. From the amount of playing around I've done so far you have put together a very solid and feature rich UI.

Anyway.

I too was a tad disappointed when I saw the mazzlegasm thing. While not particularily offensive, it annoyed me because I am a control freak, and control over my character & UI is the reason I was interested in MazzleUI in the first place.

I was even more disappointed in reading the forums to see a complete lack of sympathy for the folks who are, for whatever reason, offended or likewise disappointed by it. Mazzle, you've done great work here, there's no need to make it a big deal for those who object to some small detail of it. Especially when the fix is so easy.

I am in control of my UI, and not the other way around.

Last edited by Mazzlefizz : 02-09-07 at 09:51 PM.

02-09-07, 09:37 PM   #42
Tissa
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Then it gives me special pleasure to let you know that one of the things on my idea list is a little animated mazzlefizz gnome that will pop up to help you learn the UI and the various other add-ons.

"Hi Tempestas! It's me, Mazzlefizz. Sorry to interrupt you during a boss fight, but do you want to learn a little more about your buttons?"

Muahahaha.

OMG YES!!!! Oh please..... *giggles* My little gnome lock and mage would so love to see this...

And to Dorlf, I dont think Mazz is comeing down on anyone.... this has been in the mod from the begining. Like most said no one is forced to use the mod but Mazz is not going to take it out, but feel free to change it. Like you did. Personally I have had a blast with it and have gotten some really funny responses to it.

02-09-07, 10:09 PM   #43
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by dorlf
I was even more disappointed in reading the forums to see a complete lack of sympathy for the folks who are, for whatever reason, offended or likewise disappointed by it. Mazzle, you've done great work here, there's no need to make it a big deal for those who object to some small detail of it. Especially when the fix is so easy.

I am not making a big deal about it. Quite the opposite. This thread was an attempt to quell the many heated posts from a vocal few that being made here in this forum and in other places. Whatever unsympathetic posts you're referring to are not being made by me. If you want to know my viewpoint, I don't think I can be any clearer than in the first post.

btw, I've asked the beta testers to stop posting on it as well.

02-09-07, 11:18 PM   #44
Logdan
A Black Drake
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

I am not making a big deal about it. Quite the opposite.
Yet you edit a post that contains helpful information for others. If it was not a big deal, then why remove the information? Very hypocritical and unprofessional if you ask me. Just my 2 cents.

dorlf, I encourage you to post your fix somewhere where it can be easily found and not tampered with.

Edit: I should clarify, I don't mean to be disrespectful to your vision of your UI and it's creation/functions during use, but withholding information from users is not right at all.

Last edited by Logdan : 02-09-07 at 11:20 PM.

02-10-07, 01:53 AM   #45
Mellock
A Murloc Raider
Talking tytytytytytyty

I have honestly waited for the release of this mod. Ever sence the 2.0 client was release no mods have touched my toon. This ui is very important to esensal game play and i like the mazzlegasum thing its so funny thank mazz and friends for the time you spent makeing and changing mods. <3 ty

02-10-07, 01:56 AM   #46
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Logdan
Yet you edit a post that contains helpful information for others. If it was not a big deal, then why remove the information? Very hypocritical and unprofessional if you ask me. Just my 2 cents.

dorlf, I encourage you to post your fix somewhere where it can be easily found and not tampered with.

Edit: I should clarify, I don't mean to be disrespectful to your vision of your UI and it's creation/functions during use, but withholding information from users is not right at all.
When this turns into a business and I start getting a salary or start charging fees, you can make arguments about professionalism.

Whether it's a diff file, a patch, or a complete repackaging, those are different forms of altering someone's work and re-releasing it. Typing one of the those forms of alterations out in a forum is no different than attaching it a file. Dorlf told me that he was just trying to help. And he also agreed that it wasn't appropriate to post altered version of other people's work without permission. Either way, I will moderate out posts that I think are inappropriate.

If I wanted it to change things, I'd post directions myself or even just make it a checkbox. I patiently explained all the reasons, and that's still not enough for all the myopic complainers out there who can see nothing except themselves not getting what they want.

02-10-07, 03:41 AM   #47
taku biru
A Defias Bandit
Because it is four in the morning and I decided to read this entire thread, I'm going to butt in and give my 2 cents.

I like the mazzlegasm (... should that be capitalized?). I think it's great. I'm not a fan of /yell, as I am not a screamer, but it was still very entertaining. Really, after clicking "Mazzify" and the UI reload, it felt like a *gasm of some kind My jaw dropped, breathing and heart-rate increased, and there may, or may not, have been excessive warmth in my loins.

I like the throttle idea. Maybe varying levels of mazzlegasms? Or perhaps a %-chance to have a screaming mazzlegasm?

I am loving MazzleUI, and would like to thank Mazzle and associates for all the work put into the development. Extra special thanks for all the thought that went into making a unified and effecient UI. The above suggestions are only that: suggestions. I am a fan of the mazzlegasm, and clearly Mazzle has strong feelings about it, but so many people are complaining, I just wanted to help the situation if I could.

All of that being said, I leave you with my final thought on the matter: I have control over my UI, and you have control over yours.

02-10-07, 11:33 AM   #48
wgbknight
A Murloc Raider

I can't believe people are complaining about this.

If you don't like the UI, don't use it. Simple solution to your problem.

What's that? You want to be able to use the UI without having this happen? I suggest you get to coding then.

02-10-07, 11:37 AM   #49
wgbknight
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by dorlf

I too was a tad disappointed when I saw the mazzlegasm thing. While not particularily offensive, it annoyed me because I am a control freak, and control over my character & UI is the reason I was interested in MazzleUI in the first place.
Not sure if this has already been asked, but do you get mad when your chat channels change when you go from one zone to another? You are not in control in that situation.

It's not like this UI has your toon yelling this every 30 seconds or everytime you attack.

02-10-07, 12:09 PM   #50
dorlf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
wgbknight - Terrible example and flawed logic.

I expect and want my chat channels to change when I change zones. I choose my addons and UIs to serve very specific purposes. If an addon doesn't do what I need from it, I dont use it. If it does something I don't want it to, I either fix it or don't use it. And no, the Mazzlegasm thing only fires when you reload through the mazzifier, so it isn't happening every 30 seconds or whatever. As previously mentioned I'm an extreme tweaker and am still resetting the mazzifier to try and get it perfect, so the mazzlegasm thing would have really gotten to me at this point (the choke mazz mentioned earlier would have alleviated some of that).

A better example would be something akin to downloading an MP3 player on your computer that blasts funkytown during the install process. I love MP3's and I even like funkytown, but if I wanted it to play I would have done it myself.

That being said, its the "if you dont like it, don't use it" mentality that bothers me the most. MazzleUI is awesome, and being annoyed by some bells and whistles aspect of it would be a terrible reason to not use the addon. It detracts from the community and the impact of Mazzle's work.

02-10-07, 01:20 PM   #51
Ghil
A Murloc Raider
it is true that it is such a small thing to get over and say: wow, I won't use your addOn because it made me scream at the end...but if it would've been announced clearly in the package, wouln't it alleviate some of the problem? MazzleUI "Now with Mazzlegasms!"

Though I find it difficult to understand why it would offend anyone/get you banned, I respect their opinion, but I'm asking a simple question: why is it that offending (even for a control freak) I mean, it's basically fifteen seconds at best of dancing, with a yell (wich is anyway overused for a lot worse than that. remember SW before the Guild recruitment channel? :P) one time. I agree though that if you have to Mazzify a lot for the initial configuration/tweaking, it would get on my nerves. but hey, a throttle is coming for that

as for me, I definitly buy into the "Mazz" experience, and this fits perfectly with the mood. but that's for me :P

02-10-07, 01:59 PM   #52
break19
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
It is an interesting-looking UI, and I can see the benefits to using it.. However I tried it, found it didn't suit me.

I could post a laundry list of reasons as to why, but what's the point of that? Will my post change things to suit ME? not likely. Mazzle likes it, and (s)he has the final say on the matter.

Excellent UI, just not my style.

02-10-07, 02:49 PM   #53
Mobious
A Murloc Raider

Well I installed the UI and found it to be one of the best in the way it sets itself up. But now I am about to uninstall and go back to my ui. Just a bit to much for me. I find it all a bit distracting from the game itself. It looks great but during game play it tends to get in the way. I will also join in with other and say the little yell and dance it does on install and reload is a bit silly. I do not want to have my toon do things that I do not want it to do, so as in Mazzlefizz's suggestion I will remove it.

02-11-07, 12:52 AM   #54
khador
A Kobold Labourer
Easiest way to avoid yell/emote if it bothers you - do it while dead. I just hellfire my lock down and then configure, or you could go naked and run into something.

02-11-07, 09:25 AM   #55
Laurana
A Murloc Raider
I have no problems with the 'gasm and my wife loved it when she saw my character do it's second Mazzlegasm. In fact, I think she sabotaged her current UI setup just so she could get me to install the Mazzle UI. For those naysayers who dislike the emotes, make the changes in a vacant spot (Azeroth is pretty deserted about now), change the LUA code, or discontinue your use of this mod. Putting demands on the author or it's testers to make changes for you or give explanations as to why it's in the UI will not endear you to those people. And if it's all about control anyway - go make your own UI compilation.

02-11-07, 11:49 AM   #56
Olnir Orcsplitter
An Aku'mai Servant

I cannot believe this is still being discussed... For all of those that are saying... "I just would have liked to have known..."

Note: When installing this UI, your character may /yell out initially in Mazzlegasmic enjoyment. They may even moan or dance. If you are not comfortable with that, do not install it or don't install in earshot of others
It clearly says it at the bottom of the UI information... Please read before complaining about something in plain sight.

02-11-07, 12:15 PM   #57
Arkaneus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Round 4 for Mazzle - WOOT WOOT

let me start out by saying, Mazzle, you've done an outrageous job with the mob. Im impressed 100 times more then with the first release.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, I cannot believe half of you imcompetent retards, doing nothing for a year, but begging for a release date, begging to be on the BT Group, and now that it is released, and you are able to use it, you have nothing to do then, to moan and groan about this and that. If you dont like it, dont use it. Stop screwing up something that so many other of us, have been following up on, and enjoy using, as well as appreciate, the hard work, and impressive thought put into this mod.

Im sure I speak for everyone here, when i saw, "literally" noone cares about you or your complaints that are being given to Mazzle. After the hard work, and the time, that Mazzle has put into the game, all you have to do is sit and complain about everything, that was done, to make you people happy. Its pathetic, that none of you have a life, other then this game. Grow up and find something to do other then complain.
Cannot the kingdom of Salvation take me home."

02-11-07, 12:39 PM   #58
dorlf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Arkaneus
you imcompetent retards
quoted for true justice

02-11-07, 12:51 PM   #59
Kamon
A Murloc Raider
It is incredibly easy to turn off. I love it myself, so I am not going to spoil it for anyone.

EDIT: Forgot to add, great job with the UI. Keep up the great work.

02-11-07, 11:11 PM   #60
Mingan
A Murloc Raider
I fully support mazzlegasms!

Mazzlegasmd at least twice in Shattrath the other night during setup and received no tells at all (maybe some reports, but I dont really care about that). I actually wanted to get some tells so I could spread the amazing goodness of this UI.

/signed, Mazzlegasms for life.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » MazzleGASM FAQ