10-15-10, 06:59 AM   #1
kaimox
A Fallenroot Satyr
Cirk's Chatmanager

I'm looking for help with Cirk's Chatmanager. I managed to keep it working during the last year by applying minor fixes myself, but this patch seems to be the end of it. Parts of the addon still work but 75% stopped. The code seems clear and well documented but I'm no coder and I don't get any error message so I have no clue where to look for a solution.

Cirk seems to have left the game 2009. Maybe sommebody could pick up his mod? Or at least have a look at it?

Or maybe somebody has an idea why with this patch so many addons stopped working without leaving error messages?
10-15-10, 08:42 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Just to be clear, you have it set to display Lua errors in Interface Options, correct? (Or did you double-check that this patch didn't re-check it?)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-15-10, 10:42 AM   #3
kaimox
A Fallenroot Satyr
I'm using Bugsack/Buggrabber and other addons produce their errors just fine.
Only some (AHsearch, Chatmanager) refuse working without giving notice. Not only on my system btw. Maybe it has something to do with their level of failure.

Another guy managed to produce an error with Chatmanager by trying something in the options. Option window doesn't even open for me. There must be some very fundamental failure with that addon.

Although keybinds still work ... I would be happy if I could extract that part of the addon somehow. But its not coded modular and I couldn't find the code for the keybinds. I'm too stupid because it must be there and he even documented what he is doing in his code ...

Edit: Localisation.lua has the text of the keybinds, but where is the code that implements this into Blizzards Keybind interface? Is there somewherre a tutorial how to do this?

Last edited by kaimox : 10-15-10 at 10:50 AM.
10-15-10, 12:16 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You could give this addon a try: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ChatBinds.html
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-15-10, 01:12 PM   #5
kaimox
A Fallenroot Satyr
I had already been looking for an addon I remembered with that name but somehow I haven't found Lazy Chat Binds. (Chatkeys btw causes a lot of errors.) It's small and does exactly what I want. I can live without the other features Chatmanager had.

Thank you very much!

May Cirk's Chatmanager rest in peace.

Edit: Aha, I looked at LChBs code and realized that keybindings are not defined in lua code but in the xml instead - that explains why I couldnt find anything in the Chatmanger code. Something learned.

Last edited by kaimox : 10-15-10 at 01:14 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Cirk's Chatmanager