12-10-09, 01:44 PM   #1
blademage727
A Fallenroot Satyr

Quick Broker Question

Okay, since in the latest FuBar's change logs it says:

r30 | arrowmaster | 2009-12-10 10:01:58 +0000 (Thu, 10 Dec 2009) | 3 lines
Changed paths:
M /trunk/FuBar.lua

frame:GetFrameType() => frame:GetObjectType()
Somebody better be padding my (not ckknight's) PayPal account for this since FuBar is DEAD!
I was thinking I should just get a LDB-compatible panel addon (I already have Broker2Fu, but just in case FuBar completely stops working soon...). I just wanted to ask which ones people tend to like using the most as well as ones which are supported by nUI... Any suggestions?

12-10-09, 02:10 PM   #2
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There's a list of some display addons here: http://wiki.github.com/tekkub/libdat...dons-using-ldb

My personal favorite is, and always has been, Titan Panel. It supports LDB natively.

12-10-09, 03:29 PM   #3
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
ChocolateBar seems good There's a Fubar2Broker addon too that will take Fubar only displays and make Broker data feeds.

Marth

12-11-09, 07:17 PM   #4
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Ive been using Bazooka for awhile know Koddewolf was kind enough to write a plug in for nUI so they work together. It's nice cause you can create different sized bars to place wherever you want. You can see in the screenshots below Ive got 5 set up on mine 3 up in nui's console and 2 below the buff windows
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_112909_133550.jpg
Views:	790
Size:	431.1 KB
ID:	3639  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_112909_134753.jpg
Views:	785
Size:	536.5 KB
ID:	3640  

12-11-09, 09:24 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Marthisdil View Post
ChocolateBar seems good
This one has my vote as the closest replacement to Fubar I could find. It's also the one that helped me to finally fully switch to DataBroker plugins when I did

12-11-09, 09:49 PM   #6
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
I have Bazooka installed as well as the nui_Bazooka plugin that Kodewulf did.

However, I cannot get the nUi top console bar to shift down to make room for 2 full sized bars up at the top.

Anyone have any ideas?

Marth

12-11-09, 11:47 PM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I think Kodewulf said in another post that he pretty much rigged up the plugin so there was something workable to use. I believe he suggested a bar at the top and a bar at the bottom so perhaps the two bar at the top hasn't been worked into things.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

12-12-09, 01:43 AM   #8
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
I have Bazooka installed as well as the nui_Bazooka plugin that Kodewulf did.

However, I cannot get the nUi top console bar to shift down to make room for 2 full sized bars up at the top.

Anyone have any ideas?
The way that the integration plug works at the moment is that it attaches the nUI frames to the LAST bar. If you have 3 top bars the bar with the highest number will be used as an anchor. The same applies to having 2 bottom bars.

If you create them in order, ie. bar#1, bar#2, bar#3 for top and bar#4, bar#5 for bottom you shouldn't even notice this. Lol. It happens when you're changing the order of the bars. For instance from the top would be:

BAR#1
BAR#3
BAR#2

nUI attaches to BAR#3 at the top, so BAR#2 won't have space. For the bottom:

BAR#4
BAR#5

will cause nUI to only make space for BAR#5.

Hope that makes sense.

-- Kodewulf

12-12-09, 07:33 AM   #9
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Here's what I see. This is, again, with the nUI_Bazooka plugin by Kodewulf, and the latest version of Bazooka (from wowace):

This image is right after login on one of my auction mules - just the single bar at the top.

Next, I go to the addon settings and create a new bar:

After creating the new bar (which automatically loads at the bottom of the screen, overlapping the bottom of the bottom nUI panel, I go to Bar #2's settings tab, tell it to attach to "none" and move it up to the top and align with Bar #1:

I reload my UI and you can see in the image, the nUI top panel doesn't move down - Bar #2 is below Bar #1 and overlaying the nUI top panel.

Edit: If I tell Bar #2 to attach to top, it disappears (or Disappears behind Bar #1)

If I'm missing something at adding new bars, please let me know what I'm doing wrong

Thanks for any help!

M

Marth

Last edited by Marthisdil : 12-12-09 at 07:37 AM.

12-12-09, 10:37 AM   #10
spiel2001
nUI's Author

For what it's worth... Brillynt just sent me an integration file for nUI that works the same way as the nUI Titan Panel and FuBar integrations work. I'll be including it in the next update to nUI so we'll have built in integration of ChocolateBar going forward.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-12-09, 01:03 PM   #11
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
For what it's worth... Brillynt just sent me an integration file for nUI that works the same way as the nUI Titan Panel and FuBar integrations work. I'll be including it in the next update to nUI so we'll have built in integration of ChocolateBar going forward.
Scott - I love you!

Can't wait for it!

M

Marth

12-12-09, 04:27 PM   #12
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
If I'm missing something at adding new bars, please let me know what I'm doing wrong
Nope you're not doing something wrong.

nUI: Integration [Bazooka] checks for bars set as TOP or BOTTOM, because the bar closest the top console and the bottom dashboard are set to NONE it's not counted.

I'm working on some slash commands / gui so you can override everything and tell it what bars to attach to. Should have that uploaded by Monday.

Sorry about all the inconvenience.

btw... I had to set the anchor offset for all subsequent bars at the top to -20 for each bar I created, and +20 at the bottom. Otherwise all the bars get created on the same spot.

-- Kodewulf

12-12-09, 04:57 PM   #13
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by Kodewulf View Post
Nope you're not doing something wrong.

nUI: Integration [Bazooka] checks for bars set as TOP or BOTTOM, because the bar closest the top console and the bottom dashboard are set to NONE it's not counted.

I'm working on some slash commands / gui so you can override everything and tell it what bars to attach to. Should have that uploaded by Monday.

Sorry about all the inconvenience.

btw... I had to set the anchor offset for all subsequent bars at the top to -20 for each bar I created, and +20 at the bottom. Otherwise all the bars get created on the same spot.

-- Kodewulf
Ah! Clarity comes nicely - thanks Kode! The -20 and setting it to top was the trick!

M

Marth

12-12-09, 06:45 PM   #14
bwhansen
A Fallenroot Satyr

Premium Member
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post

I was wondering if there are instructions already written somewhere on how to use this. I have no clue on how to take advantage of this and didnt know about the integration for FuBar and Titan in earlier versions.

12-12-09, 07:00 PM   #15
spiel2001
nUI's Author

THere's nothing special required to use it... just install ChocolateBar like you would any other bar mod... nUI should automatically detect it being present and move the console and/or dashboard to make room for it.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-13-09, 09:42 AM   #16
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Neuralassassin, I like your setup. Can you tell us what brokers you use?

12-13-09, 06:52 PM   #17
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Some of these I use only on certain toons and some I dont have on my bars cause I just access them through yssdrop which is just a launcher for databroker launchers (if that makes any sense )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ldb.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	334.6 KB
ID:	3648  

12-13-09, 08:46 PM   #18
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Thanks. I'm gonna play around with 'em at some point.

Nice wallpaper, btw. :-)

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » Quick Broker Question