04-24-09, 08:30 AM   #1
maccormaic
A Murloc Raider

VuhDo integration?

A relative newcomer in the "addons for healers" department is VuhDo. The addon is significant enough to warrant 2 sticky threads on PlusHeal.com (one discussing the addon itself, and another for the user manual).

VuhDo is similar in use to Grid + Clique, and it's gaining quite a following. I wanted to ask if there was any work being done to integrate it with nUI, and if there wasn't, to bring VuhDo to folks' attention here.

And now I'm done. Other than to say I'm a recent convert to nUI, and I love it.

04-24-09, 09:24 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
At first glance it looks like its similar to healbot. So it all depends on how they created the addon itself. With healbot, from what I could see, is that there is access to the main frame and thus the ability to attach it to a new parent and resize it using its own functions. If they haven't done the same to Vuhdo it might not be possible to integrate it.

For one thing, as I've noticed with wim when I tried to tie that in, can it be resized small enough to fit in the bottom right frame ?

Edit: Ah, reading it further it is looking like you are talking about replacing the raid frames in nUI with Vuhdo as an option. Scott I think is the best person to answer this as I believe he is working it up so that people could make their own setups although I am not sure using another addon in its place was one of his ideas.

Last edited by Xrystal : 04-24-09 at 09:30 AM.

04-26-09, 08:04 AM   #3
maccormaic
A Murloc Raider

Hm... I may go with Grid, just because it's already well-integrated with nUI, then. Thanks!

04-27-09, 05:23 PM   #4
todd3835
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by maccormaic View Post
Hm... I may go with Grid, just because it's already well-integrated with nUI, then. Thanks!
Healbot is another one that can be integrated. I just started playing a priest, and it's in-valuable! On a side note, the nUI raid frames do support clique (I tried it). For me though, Healbot works "Out of the Box" where as Clique will take quite a bit to setup initially it appears. In the long term, Clique will probably be the best option to be honest. It's "less clutter" because you have one set of raid frames, instead of 2. There's also the issue that when I have healbot out, I don't have Omen open, and not having Omen open can be a sure way to get killed =] So just some thoughts. If you have the time and patience to setup clique, it might be much better long term. For a short-term, Out of the Box setup, check out Healbot, or Grid (no personal use, but heard it's easy to setup). There's also nUI addons for Grid and Healbot, and Clique works with nUI with no additions......

People with OCD (Or CDO in Scott's Case) prefer nUI+! Find it at www.nuiaddon.com

11-23-09, 11:21 PM   #5
Z_Pilot
A Kobold Labourer
I am new to nUI. I also have been using Vuhdo and absolutely love it.

Therefore, I was glad to find:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...anelVuhDo.html

This looks like it is a recent application to nUI, more recent than when this thread was started. I thought I might bump this thread up with this link because there are quite alot of us Vuhdo fans.

12-02-09, 01:47 PM   #6
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I'm a VuhDo fan myself, so I was a bit chagrined when I downloaded the latest VuhDo today, and found a broken interface (action bars missing, minimap back to default, info panel messed up). I disabled VuhDo (problem went away) and posted a message on the VuhDo page, and the author asked me the obvious question: what happens when you disable everything but VuhDo? So I disabled the VuhDo info panel integration mod, enabled VuhDo, and logged back in. No problems. Everything works, including VuhDo, although it's of course no longer integrated with nUI.

I haven't programmed anything in many years, and I can barely spell "lua" - can somebody take a look at the vuhdo info panel mod, and maybe figure out what the problem is?

Note: the previous version of Vuhdo (210) worked fine, so it's something to do with whatever changes were just made to it. I dunno, maybe that'll provide a clue as to what the problem is.

Last edited by Chmee : 12-02-09 at 01:49 PM.

12-02-09, 02:23 PM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
An infopanel plugin addon is simple that a plugin. It relies on the addon in question having at least one constant frame that can be reparented into the panel in the bottom right. If that frame is changed either in function or name it will break the plugin.

So simply disabling the plugin addon will allow you to use vuhdo with nui but will unable to be integrated into the panel until the plugin is updated with the necessary changes. Wherever and whenever the author locates the new changes.

The author may read and see your explanation here but you may want to post your problem in the addon page itself in case they track problems that way.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

12-02-09, 02:44 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay think I have found the cause although I can't test it out but if you look in the infopanel plugins lua file. In any text editor that is. You should see a value being used ' VdAc1'. This was in Vuhdo's old versions file of 'VuhDoPanel.xml' which had it and a few others as a fixed number it seems of frames for use in the addon.

It looks like at first glance that Vuhdo's creator has made Vuhdo more flexible by not hardcoding the name of the frame, unless they moved it elsewhere and I haven't seen it yet.

If you look at the two versions of that xml I mentioned you will see that at the end of the xml file the creator had the following lines added.

Code:
  <Frame name="VdAc1" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc2" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc3" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc4" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc5" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc6" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc7" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc8" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc9" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc10" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" />
Whether adding those lines to the same place at the end will work in the new version I don't know but you can try it out and see if it works. If not you will need to wait until the Plugin Creator is able to track down what has been changed so that they can incorporate it into the plugin addon.

Characters:

12-05-09, 03:57 AM   #9
Iza
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Okay think I have found the cause although I can't test it out but if you look in the infopanel plugins lua file. In any text editor that is. You should see a value being used ' VdAc1'. This was in Vuhdo's old versions file of 'VuhDoPanel.xml' which had it and a few others as a fixed number it seems of frames for use in the addon.

It looks like at first glance that Vuhdo's creator has made Vuhdo more flexible by not hardcoding the name of the frame, unless they moved it elsewhere and I haven't seen it yet.

If you look at the two versions of that xml I mentioned you will see that at the end of the xml file the creator had the following lines added.

Code:
  <Frame name="VdAc1" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc2" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc3" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc4" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc5" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc6" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc7" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc8" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc9" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" /> 
  <Frame name="VdAc10" hidden="true" inherits="VuhDoActionTemplate" />
Whether adding those lines to the same place at the end will work in the new version I don't know but you can try it out and see if it works. If not you will need to wait until the Plugin Creator is able to track down what has been changed so that they can incorporate it into the plugin addon.
Hi,
please do NOT add these lines manually! It will most certainly result in a crash. I didn't know about nUI before and so did some changes to memory allocation making it all dynamic to save some bytes. I'm going to revert these changes in next release (1.213) to make it work with integrated UIs again.

Cheers
Iza

12-05-09, 05:30 AM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Iza View Post
Hi,
please do NOT add these lines manually! It will most certainly result in a crash. I didn't know about nUI before and so did some changes to memory allocation making it all dynamic to save some bytes. I'm going to revert these changes in next release (1.213) to make it work with integrated UIs again.

Cheers
Iza
My thanks to you. If I was still playing wow personally I would have tested myself before offering a possible solution.

Characters:

12-05-09, 12:51 PM   #11
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Iza View Post
Hi,

Cheers
Iza
Iza -- many thanks for posting here and clearing that up.

If I may suggest... if you were to parent all of that in a single top level frame that integrated UIs can manage, then you can keep your dynamic memory allocation and integrated UI's still have a single point of interface.

Either way is fine, and again thank you.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » VuhDo integration?