11-24-15, 07:26 PM   #1
HaloGirlAsh 117
A Kobold Labourer
Help with Gnome Sequencer in WoW 6.2.3 and Installing Addons

Im completly new to using addons and i cant get any of them to work.. most importantly Gnome Sequencer

Help please

I have never seen this *Addon* button people speak of and there is so little fucking info on how to make this work.. it pisses me off and makes me want to quit WoW.

ive followed the tutorial on how to set it up and still no luck. Help plz
11-24-15, 07:38 PM   #2
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you can't see the Addon button it means you don't have any addons installed (correctly).

Usually an addon comes in a .zip file with the addon name and version or date or... ie.
SomeAddon 106.zip.

Most people will unzip this to a folder called:
SomeAddon 106

Inside this will be a folder called:
SomeAddon
There may be more than one folder.

Completely exit the game and:
Copy the SomeAddon (and any other) folder(s) to your [drive]:\[Program Files]\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons
folder (There will already be a bunch of folders starting with Blizzard_).

Start the game and you should have the Addons button, bottom left of the character select screen. Click it.

If the addon is not selected it is most likely out-of-date. Check the Load Out-of_date Addons box.

Press ok. and start the game. The Addons download page should have usage and or configuration information if it's required.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 11-24-15 at 10:24 PM.
11-24-15, 11:45 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Be sure to check out how to install them at our Help guide in the menu bar above. (Link for you) It comes complete with pictures on what Fizzlemizz is talking about.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-12-16, 12:46 AM   #4
Gourthauer
A Kobold Labourer

Gnome Sequencer

Thought I would chime in on this thread. Gnome Sequencer needs to be added to your WoW addon directory. However it does not have an addon access button to manipulate the addon from within WoW. You need to follow the installation directions that tell you rename a file (exampleSequences.lua) to Sequences.lua.
In the Sequences.lua file you add the macro sequences you want. There are several GS compatible files out there (See http://wowlazymacros.com/). Then you add a macro that references one of the sub-sequences in your Sequences.lua file. For example if you had a sequence that starts Sequences['Attack'] you would create a macro that contains /cast Attack in it. Then when you use the macro it will execute the commands in the Sequences.lua file.

Last edited by Gourthauer : 02-12-16 at 12:53 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Help with Gnome Sequencer in WoW 6.2.3 and Installing Addons