06-25-15, 09:00 AM   #1
Korbun
A Kobold Labourer
Minion addons and 6.2

Ok so really like WI so figured i wld give u chance with the minion2:

So first off It wrecked my ui :
replacing Elvui 8.16v ( original from tuk) with elvui 2.3.2.03 by bonk (which by the way only put me back to classic while wiping out EVERY preset I had built up from WOD release. So I tried assign minion2 to ignore ELVui and it puts it into the Automatic update window < Really!,
but wait there's more.
So next we move to skada which current release is 1.4-31, and what dose minion 2 do reverts it to 1.4.30 < again REALLY!
I cld go on with handynotes etc ... but what's the point.
So here's where we are right now I will be rebuilding my COMPLETE UI ty and will not be able to use your Minion2 until there is some belief it wont do more harm than good, and to the trolls that wld say >> "it said it was beta", there is big difference in something that needs a few bug worked out and something that falls flat on its face!

Last edited by Korbun : 06-25-15 at 09:20 AM.
06-25-15, 12:56 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The most recent version of Skada on WoWInterface *is* 1.4-30. 1.4-31 is only available at Curse at the moment.

Minion displays both the currently installed version and the version it sees on WoWInterface to you. As noted previously in many other threads (for both this updater and others), it is near impossible to come up with an algorithm to compare these versions across all different versioning systems (or lack thereof) that addon authors use. So Minion does what it can do - it checks to see if they're different. If they're different, it asks you if it wants you to update and gives you that information to determine for yourself what is best. If you have addons that the author uploads faster on Curse and you prefer to use the Curse Client for those, then you may right-click them and select ignore.

All of the above is true for ElvUI as well. Except interfaces are even trickier to handle as they often contain more than one folder and Minion isn't always exactly sure where they came from. Until you use Minion to install it or update it, that is - then Minion knows what you want.

/edit: did you back up your addons when installing Minion? It asks if you want to back them up when using it for the first time and there is also a tab to allow you to create manual backups at any time. Did you not do this?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Last edited by Seerah : 06-25-15 at 01:00 PM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Minion addons and 6.2