04-11-22, 10:59 AM   #1
rakkarage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Weakaura attaching to a Spell instead of a Button?

When I make a weak aura I sometimes have to tell it which button is 'Rampage' so I can make it glow.
But is there some way to attach to the Rampage button instead of ActionButton1? So that if I move my button or send the weakaura to someone else who has that spell in a different location it will still work?

I noticed that when I mouse over Rampage in spell book it highlights it on bar. So it knows where it is? How can I access that knowledge and attach to generic action button instead of specific button?

Thanks
04-11-22, 02:57 PM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You can only do that by choosing "Custom" for AnchoredTo option and then writing code that finds the correct actionbutton and returns it.

It still has to be a frame in the end, it can't be linked directly to a spell but you can write a snippet that finds the button on the actionbars and returns it.
04-13-22, 11:42 PM   #3
rakkarage
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
thanks.
if it was/is exposed i would consider trying to write some custom, code but could not find it
i guess i would have to loop through my bar with API_GetActionInfo till i find the right one or something.
i will just keep glowing specific buttons until i can find some api to do it for me (got a lot of these icons and dont want busted code in all of em
thanks

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Weakaura attaching to a Spell instead of a Button?