07-04-22, 06:36 PM   #1
JahirahDK
An Aku'mai Servant

Question [TBC Classic] Druid travel/shapeshift

Hi everyone,

I'm having some problems configuring /cancelform for a druid travel/shapeshift macro...
My druid is only lvl22 so she's still w/o her travel form or a mount...

This is the macro at the moment...
It correctly removes cat form, but not bear form... If used while in bear form it shifts into cat form instead of clearing the form as intended...
Code:
#showtooltip
/cancelform [stance:1/2]
/cast [swimming] !Aquatic Form; [mod:alt] Bear Form; Cat Form
I've experimented with the formulation of the /cancelform [conditionals] like...
/cancelform [stance:1,stance:2]
/cancelform [stance:1][stance:2]
but neither seems to do the trick and I can't figure out the problem...

I'm unsure if the problem stems from the fact that I'm playing TBC Classic but if anyone is able to help me out it would be greatly apprecated!
07-04-22, 10:02 PM   #2
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Stance/Form numbers were different back then. Bear is 1, Aquatic is 2, Cat is 3, Travel is 4, Moonkin is 5 (shared with Tree), and Flight is 6 (regular and swift).
07-05-22, 01:59 PM   #3
JahirahDK
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
Stance/Form numbers were different back then. Bear is 1, Aquatic is 2, Cat is 3, Travel is 4, Moonkin is 5 (shared with Tree), and Flight is 6 (regular and swift).
@Kanegasi
Thank you for taking the time to leave your input!
I genuinly appreciate any help I can get and although your input does remark on a crucial factor to get right unfortunately it still doesn't help the issue with the /cancelform not registering Bear Form...

Whenever I try to add [mod:alt] Bear Form it messes with the /cancelform insisting on shifting into cat form instead of cancelling bear form
As a temporary work-around I've removed the option to shift in and out of "Bear Form" completly since that seems to be the crux of the issue (...even though I can't figure out why...)

Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [swimming] Aquatic Form; [mod:alt] Bear Form; [swimming,mod:shift] Cat Form; Cat Form

** Removed **

Last edited by JahirahDK : 07-05-22 at 02:04 PM.
07-05-22, 05:26 PM   #4
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
/cancelform is special as it doesn't wait for the server to confirm before changing the [form] flag. It also doesn't consume the GCD, so the /cast after successfully runs. Additionally, TBC allows directly shifting between forms. /cancelform was only required in vanilla.

This is what I use for shifting. I usually have aquatic/travel/flight forms combined in their own macro so underwater fights are more manageable.

Combat Shift Macro:
Code:
/cast [form:1,nomod][noform:1,mod] Bear Form; Cat Form
Travel Macro:
Code:
/cast [swimming] Aquatic Form; [flyable] Flight Form; Travel Form
Note: You will want to omit Flight Form until you have learned it as it'll prevent shifting into Travel Form in Outland.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 07-05-22 at 05:36 PM.
07-25-22, 04:01 PM   #5
JahirahDK
An Aku'mai Servant

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback...

@SDPhantom
Thank you for pointing out and explaining one of the major functional changes that followed TBC. I wish I had a list of such changes tbh Coming from retail presents a challenge in light of all the changes that lie inbetween TBC and Shadowlands!
However, the issue I've been describing is less about shifting between forms and more about cancelling the form I'm already in...

I finally realized that the issue was with the /cancelform itself... Turns out that you need to use /cancelaura to cancel the form itself...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Macro Help » [TBC Classic] Druid travel/shapeshift