05-16-11, 04:32 AM   #1
Rakuen
A Defias Bandit

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Weird keybind errors!!

Okay, so literally just a few days ago my fiance and I did fresh installs of Win7 on our laptops.

This occurs when the game is alt-tabbed or just booting up, not all the time though it's pretty sporadic... The keys will literally start acting as if you're pressing other keys. So I can be pressing 123 and it'll be hitting 768. Or I'll press b f and d, and it'll show as f c and h. It's so super wonky. This only happens in WoW, it's happened at the login screen and in game, but nowhere else.

We're starting to wonder if it has anything to do with the latest Windows patches as I didn't start having the problem occur till after I dl'ed/installed them.. While my fiance was already have it occur on his system, he then did a fresh install and patch of Win7 and then horribly enough they started happening again.

We cleared our addon's folders and everything else, so I'm hoping someone may have an idea. There is no Bing bar located on our machines either. Keyboards definitely are not the issue, both using different kinds.

It's pretty annoying and bad during raids, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks bunches!!
05-16-11, 06:52 AM   #2
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
A friend of mine had this problem back in Jan on his gateway. It had something to do with the Fn key though he said malware/spyware can cause the type of issue you mentioned.

Here's a link to a forum thread he posted on my guild site.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic...ys-wrong-keys/
05-16-11, 11:19 AM   #3
red8981
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I had a guild member with key binding.. wierdiness.
such as... the key binding doesnt do anything or doing the wrong thing.
what he ends up with is,
His internet company has firewall, or some kind of filter, which block or did some wierd things to the key sending process.

Since 2 of you have the same problem, i assume it is 2 computers, so maybe it is the internet connection's problem.

you can try use another internet from friend's or somewhere. or call your internet company to ask about it.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Weird keybind errors!!