04-19-11, 01:44 PM   #1
MiniStew
A Cyclonian
Websites for guild hosting

Hi guys just wondered whether you knew of any sites that do guild website hosting like wowstead. Could you name any that you know? Thanks.

P.S. I think this is in the right section cos its for raiding guild.
04-19-11, 02:07 PM   #2
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Here are the ones I know of other than WoWStead...

Guildzilla

Guild Portal

Guild Launch

My Guild Host

Enjin

The only one I've ever used, or gone through has been Guildzilla, when they first came to the scene. Unless things have changed with them, they're easy to get ahold of if you need support, and tend to be rather quick to deal with issues.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
04-19-11, 02:36 PM   #3
MiniStew
A Cyclonian
Thanks for reply. Are you premium? If so, is it worth it?
04-19-11, 05:57 PM   #4
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I'd say it'd definitely be worth it for a larger guild, though even with a smaller one, if you think you'd use most of them, or find you need any of the Premium features/services, then go for it. If you don't find any of the extras as necessary, then it'd be useless to spring for it.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
04-20-11, 06:55 PM   #5
Matticus
A Kobold Labourer
I work for Enjin which means my reply is going to be biased =). If you're still exploring options, take a close look at Enjin. Built in loot management system (EPGP coming soon), news, forums, different themes and headers and so forth.

In a raiding guild? Cool! Progression tracking, WoW Progress, recruiting and calendar module (this one is coming out real soon).

We've got a free plan and 2 premium plans currently available: http://www.enjin.com/features/plans

Both premium plans come with either a 10 or 25 slot Mumble server and you can add slots as needed.

Selecting guild hosts can be like selecting healing raid frames: They all do similar things, but what sets them apart is how they do it and the way they look. Choose what feels right for you and your guild ^^.

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take."
- Wayne Gretzky
04-20-11, 07:22 PM   #6
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Keep security at the top of your priority list. I've been in several guilds using several different hosts, and the security's varied quite wildly. Some forums simply end up with huge spam issues and some just have some nasty security holes.

Guild Portal had a glitch for a looong time where you could access another guild's private forums simply by logging into your own and using their guild ID in the URL. I.e, if you had access to your officer forums, you could read your oppositions officer forums. Made for fun times This particular glitch is fixed now, though.
05-03-11, 07:41 AM   #7
Schattens
A Murloc Raider

I just want to thank you Ministew and the people who have replyed to this I was accually looking for the same thing. A previous raiding guild of mine used guildportal but to be honest I never really like how they had there layout and that.

There is also Guildomatic I found this one cruising around, but I don't know anyone who uses this.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Schattens : 05-03-11 at 09:21 AM.
05-03-11, 10:55 AM   #8
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Or...you just get webhosting (hostgator.com is good), find a CMS of your liking (Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress), and build your own site instead of using someone else

Marth

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Websites for guild hosting