05-18-11, 06:11 PM   #1
Kaii
A Murloc Raider
Help my keybinds aren't working!

Hey Guys.

First time poster and I might be posting in the wrong area (sorry) but I am having some addon problems...

I was using Elvui and I hadn't healed with the raid frames it provides before. I thought it was a problem with this... When I target someone with the raidframes and then use a number key to cast a spell it does not cast it, it doesn't seem to do anything. I figured out if I click the screen somewhere not on the raid frames then I can use the key bindings again but as soon as I use the raidframes to target someone else, it does the same thing. I reinstalled Grid to solve the problem but it is doing the same thing when I use grid to target a player... it's driving me nuts and I would appreciate any input if anyone has some advice or a solution I would be very grateful thank you ^.^
05-18-11, 06:49 PM   #2
Kaii
A Murloc Raider
Question I can't heal with keybinds when I target using raidframes please help.

Hey Guys.

First time poster and I might be posting in the wrong area (sorry) but I am having some addon problems... I think.

I was using Elvui and I hadn't healed with the raid frames it provides before. I thought it was a problem with this... When I target someone with the raidframes and then use a number key to cast a spell it does not cast it, it doesn't seem to do anything. I figured out if I click the screen somewhere not on the raid frames then I can use the key bindings again but as soon as I use the raidframes to target someone else, it does the same thing. I reinstalled Grid to solve the problem but it is doing the same thing when I use grid to target a player... it's driving me nuts and I would appreciate any input if anyone has some advice or a solution I would be very grateful thank you ^.^
05-18-11, 07:13 PM   #3
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi Kaii,

Are you using macro's IE: your button for Flash Heal Is Accually A Macro?
This is the only thing that I can think of that would stop your heal from working with the target selected.

PS. I moved the other thread here so that we don't have 2 of the same topic running around.
05-18-11, 07:25 PM   #4
Kaii
A Murloc Raider
No, when I installed Elvui I had to use the wow keybinder to rekeybind all the buttons including the 1 to = keybinds none are macros though I am struggling to find a solution to whats causing this.
05-18-11, 07:39 PM   #5
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Ok as a test run wow with no addons running. Select a target and try to use one of the keybinds. See if it works, if so then its something in one of your addons. IF not then umm we will think of something.
05-19-11, 05:49 AM   #6
Kaii
A Murloc Raider
right it still doesn't work when I turn off elvui but when I target using the wow interface it does work but that means that using the elvui raid frames and the grid raid frames does the same thing so I am not sure what that means. Sorry for all the edits but it doesn't work when I use WoW own raidframes but when I click on the actual character of someone I want to heal it works, And it comes up saying invalid target.

Edit: it's like when you are typing something in a document and you get a popup window even though the document is still up it doesn't let you interact until you reclick on the document...

Last edited by Kaii : 05-19-11 at 05:54 AM. Reason: further information
05-19-11, 10:33 AM   #7
red8981
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Let me get this straight,
You mean
"when you target a target with character, it works.
when you target a target with raid frame, it doesn't work."
05-19-11, 03:07 PM   #8
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Ok well. Clicking on the raid frame is the same as clicking on the toon in the 3d world, same exact thing it selects them.

You cannot Click to heal via the raid frames unless you are using a mouseover macro and or a addon such as clique.
05-19-11, 04:56 PM   #9
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Try making a Macro such as:

MacroName
Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, help] [help] [@targettarget, help] [@player] SpellName
Substitute that spell on your bars, then try again.
You might have no moved your macros over to your bars again putting them together after installing the UI, and instead put the actual spells on the bars.

Hope that helps.

PS: This the the macro I use for all my Heals, ftw.

EDIT: Make sure to change SpellName to your spell.

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

Last edited by Lily.Petal : 05-19-11 at 05:31 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » I can't heal with keybinds when I target using raidframes please help.