01-29-14, 02:12 PM   #1
Mirrikh
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Data Text using Kgpanels

This has most likely been talked about b4, if so, please redirect me to the post, but as the titles says, i wan't to know how to put in data text using just kgpanels. I want to stop using sldt (for better memory usage) and only have visible what i need: durability, gold, latency, and fps. I've googled around for this, and haven't found anything really on it.
01-29-14, 02:18 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I'm pretty sure this has been posted about before, though I don't have the time at the moment to search for it.

However, you should just be able to delete the Lua file for each module you don't wish to use in SLDT...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-29-14, 02:22 PM   #3
Mirrikh
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
i guess. i'll see how that plays it. maybe i'll just dig through the forums for a while. ty though
01-29-14, 02:46 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mirrikh View Post
I want to stop using sldt (for better memory usage)
Static memory usage -- the "memory usage" number you see in-game -- does not impact your FPS or any other aspect of your game's performance. An addon using 50 KB, 500 KB, or even 50 MB is absolutely nothing compared to WoW's own memory usage (often measured in GB) or the amount of memory available on any modern computer capable of running WoW in the first place. Replacing or getting rid of addons you are using and are not having any problems with solely for the same of reducing "memory usage" is completely pointless. Just use whatever addons you want, that work for you, and stop buying into the baseless hype about "low memory usage" being "better" or meaning anything at all.

Yes, addons can impact your game's performance, but they do that through CPU usage and memory churn, not static memory usage. If you don't understand the numbers you're seeing in your "addon performance meter" just turn it off. If you're not having a specific performance-related problem (eg. FPS drops from 45 to 15 in raids when addons are enabled) then those numbers do not matter at all.

Last edited by Phanx : 01-30-14 at 04:01 PM.
01-30-14, 03:03 PM   #5
suicidalkatt
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I ended up going a bit in depth with user 'Akatosh' on this thread:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=46786

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Data Text using Kgpanels