Quantcast Carbonite Notes import from old version? - WoWInterface
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
12-26-14, 01:03 PM   #1
noobinit
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7
Carbonite Notes import from old version?

Hi all,

is it possible to import chest locations (notes) from the old Luau file into the new WOD version of carbonite? if not, has anyone worked on chest locations that we can import? if not is there a way to collaborate with other players to enter the locations and then share the data?

thanks much
  Reply With Quote
12-28-14, 06:15 PM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder
 
JimJoBlue's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 362
If I get time (which is extremely limited at the moment), I might make a notes plugin for this...

I'll start working on it when real live gives me a break and get back to you.... I don't even get time to play at the mo...
__________________
I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence. Doug McLeod


  Reply With Quote
01-05-15, 08:59 PM   #3
noobinit
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
If I get time (which is extremely limited at the moment), I might make a notes plugin for this...

I'll start working on it when real live gives me a break and get back to you.... I don't even get time to play at the mo...
I'm really excited about this possibility AND I believe i can offer you an exchange - or try to. Please let me know what you think:
The Twink Community is a very active and cohesive group. If we can get a plug in to import data ourselves, i could spearhead a project to create specific data sets such as: all sturdy treasure chests, all maplewood treasure chests, etc. Potentially other data sets as well depending on the interests of the community. If you the developers are interested in specific data sets - let me know.
  Reply With Quote
01-05-15, 09:32 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,458
Originally Posted by noobinit View Post
I'm really excited about this possibility AND I believe i can offer you an exchange - or try to. Please let me know what you think:
The Twink Community is a very active and cohesive group. If we can get a plug in to import data ourselves, i could spearhead a project to create specific data sets such as: all sturdy treasure chests, all maplewood treasure chests, etc. Potentially other data sets as well depending on the interests of the community. If you the developers are interested in specific data sets - let me know.
The addon is already capable of this, one of the first change to Notes was plugin support and you can see the sample of how to do it inside the API Sample folder that is inside the notes download.
  Reply With Quote
01-07-15, 03:59 AM   #5
atl77
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 179
The API is really simple, but a bit more documenation is always helpful, so here goes:

Lua Code:
  1. Nx.Notes:AddonNote(folder,name,icon,id,x,y)
  • "folder" is your addon/sub-addon name, for filtering, e.g. "TimelessIsleTreasures"; all notes that belong together share the same folder name.
  • "name" is the unique name of the note, e.g. "moss-covered chest 1". A second Note with the same name will overwrite the first one.
  • "icon" is a number between 1 and 28 (search the NxNote.lua code for self.NoteIcons) - we can probably either add more icons or allow to introduce your own textures rather easily, by adding "or index" to line 157.
  • "id" is the mapid of the zone your note should be displayed to; a look at Carbonite/Data/Zones.lua may be helpful in finding the correct id.
  • "x" and "y" are rather self-explanatory.

Last edited by atl77 : 01-07-15 at 09:36 AM.
  Reply With Quote
01-10-15, 03:56 PM   #6
noobinit
A Murloc Raider
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by atl77 View Post
The API is really simple, but a bit more documenation is always helpful, so here goes:

Lua Code:
  1. Nx.Notes:AddonNote(folder,name,icon,id,x,y)
  • "folder" is your addon/sub-addon name, for filtering, e.g. "TimelessIsleTreasures"; all notes that belong together share the same folder name.
  • "name" is the unique name of the note, e.g. "moss-covered chest 1". A second Note with the same name will overwrite the first one.
  • "icon" is a number between 1 and 28 (search the NxNote.lua code for self.NoteIcons) - we can probably either add more icons or allow to introduce your own textures rather easily, by adding "or index" to line 157.
  • "id" is the mapid of the zone your note should be displayed to; a look at Carbonite/Data/Zones.lua may be helpful in finding the correct id.
  • "x" and "y" are rather self-explanatory.
thanks for this information. unfortunately I am not competent even to follow these directions ! I need some additional guidance if you can. here is what I have tried:
* I added a test note and then tried to find where it was written in the files under C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite.Notes - and could not find manually looking through code using notepad.exe (also hoping that the file modified date would help)
* similarly i looked elsewhere under the \world of warcraft folder - and still could not find it
* copied the sample files from the \API sample folder to see if they could be imported and viewed in game.

SO i really don't know what i'm doing obviously. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
  Reply With Quote

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Notes Module » Carbonite Notes import from old version?

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off