04-09-12, 12:58 PM   #1
Ravensaber
A Fallenroot Satyr

Raven's UI

Just wanted to share my latest UI setup...

I know sometimes its nice to just see what other ppl have going on to help design your own setups=)

I added a solo / idle shot and a Raid Combat shot...=)

Thanks for taking a look...Any suggestions / ideas are always welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_040912_142943.jpg
Views:	1384
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	6887  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_040912_145222.jpg
Views:	1312
Size:	578.1 KB
ID:	6888  
04-09-12, 06:58 PM   #2
adonis2109
A Kobold Labourer

Really slick looking Raven. Super clean!
04-10-12, 03:36 AM   #3
deemaxm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looks nice, just fix that boss target frame and make the raidframes width same as actionbar width
04-10-12, 06:48 AM   #4
Kendian
A Molten Giant

A nice, informative UI, but a few suggestions, if I may:

Center the frame around action buttons, you have more space at bottom, than top.
Make sure the info bars are same width/height, and same distance from the edges of screen and surrounding panels on both sides. Plus, make sure they're the same width as panel they're under, is jarring when they're offset.

Unless your heals, get rid of raid role icon, and heal prediction on raid frames, it's useless clutter, imo.

On the cooldowns (above your unit frame) have either icon, or name, having both is redundant. Or get rid of them altogether, since you have them above minimap.

Welcome to the madness~
04-10-12, 07:58 AM   #5
Ravensaber
A Fallenroot Satyr

Wow some good feeback...

@deemaxm
I didnt even notice the boss target frame until an hour after the SS...Fixed to match=)

@Kandian
On the alignment and positioning of things...I have yet to do the "fine tuning" and all those micro adjustments on everything.

Regarding the timers above player frame, It is going to only show short buffs that are class related, I.E: inquisition, zealotry, horn, Things like that ...I havent filtered out raven yet so it shows every thing...

On the raid frames, I do have a healer so I use the Role icons..I like to have a one stop shop UI that I can log on any of my toons and have the exact same thing going on. I will see if Vudoo will let me have different layouts for non-healers though.

Lastly I did not even notice the buttons were off center ...My pally had like 90000 buttons over everyone else. I will get that fixed later today.
04-11-12, 06:55 AM   #6
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

I would adjust the position of the mana bar on the target frame so it mirrors the player frame.

EDIT: I would also make sure DBM doesn't look awful.

Last edited by Wimpface : 04-11-12 at 06:59 AM.
04-11-12, 12:41 PM   #7
Ravensaber
A Fallenroot Satyr

How would I go about changing DMB??. I am not very friendly with LUA is there an addon or something to do that?
04-11-12, 04:30 PM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It's been a while since I had DBM installed, but I'm pretty sure there's a way to change the way the bars look in its' options. The on-screen notifications I'm not too sure about, though.

The bottom line on this, though, is that if you like the way it looks........ Besides, you know you must be doing something right if you prompted a post (the first public post adonis2109 has made in nearly seven years) from someone who (whom?) joined in 2005 and hasn't posted til now.

Personally, I like that DBM's timer bars are different than all of the other bars. When you see them you know right away it's information that DBM is putting up and can't be confused with any other addon.

However, on the other hand, I'm easily confused. Just read my signature. 8^)

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 04-11-12 at 04:43 PM.
04-11-12, 05:07 PM   #9
Qupe
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

There are a few addons on WoWInterface that skin the DBM bar timers if you can't get whatever look you'd like from just changing textures and fonts in the DBM bar options panel.

Here are a few:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...I_DBMSkin.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ossStyles.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...I-DBMSkin.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...15951-dbm.html

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Raven's UI