01-09-15, 12:47 PM   #1
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Please someone fix GladiusEx

So some time ago I found this nice addon GladiusEx and I still love it. However there was no Update since 6.0.2. One week ago I decided to update the missing spells from the addon and update all Libs, took me some hours to remove all spells that don't exist any more. I have attached my updated version with this post.

But the AddOn still needs a small update for WoD, if anyone can help updating this I woud donate for it if you want :

1. Enable Buffs on Party unitframes dosen't work, it will not show any buffs in Testmode and also no Buffs in Arena.
This is most important bug atm, I NEED to see buffs on partyframes

2. I get this lua Error:
Code:
3x ...ns\GladiusEx\libs\LibCooldownTracker-1.0-10\library.lua:219 attempt to index local 'spelldata' (a nil value)
...ns\GladiusEx\libs\LibCooldownTracker-1.0-10\library.lua:219 in function <...ns\GladiusEx\libs\LibCooldownTracker-1.0\library.lua:182
...ns\GladiusEx\libs\LibCooldownTracker-1.0-10\library.lua:526 in function <...ns\GladiusEx\libs\LibCooldownTracker-1.0\library.lua:525
(tail call): ?

Locals:
3. DR Modul is not working and breaking frame testing as long as it is enabled in Party of Arenafreames.
I can live with that but writing it here just in case someone has an easy fix for it?

4. I also have a small request, I'd like to disable my own unitframe for the Partyframes.
I already see myself with an other addon and I don't need another unitframe showing my HP

Here is my current setup, if you know any other addon that can do this please write here

EDIT:
DR Tracker error:
Code:
14x GladiusEx\modules\drtracker.lua:86: attempt to concatenate local 'drCat' (a nil value)
GladiusEx\modules\drtracker.lua:86: in function `CreateIcon'
GladiusEx\modules\drtracker.lua:146: in function `DRFaded'
GladiusEx\modules\drtracker.lua:298: in function `Test'
GladiusEx\GladiusEx-v0.34-beta.lua:849: in function `TestUnit'
GladiusEx\GladiusEx-v0.34-beta.lua:475: in function `UpdatePartyFrames'
GladiusEx\GladiusEx-v0.34-beta.lua:530: in function `UpdateFrames'
GladiusEx\GladiusEx-v0.34-beta.lua:551: in function `CheckArenaSize'
GladiusEx\GladiusEx-v0.34-beta.lua:580: in function `ShowFrames'
GladiusEx\GladiusEx-v0.34-beta.lua:417: in function `SetTesting'
GladiusEx\GladiusEx-v0.34-beta.lua:383: in function `CheckFirstRun'
GladiusEx\GladiusEx-v0.34-beta.lua:628: in function `?'
...ibs\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:147: in function <...ibs\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:4>
[C]: ?
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:13: in function `?'
...ibs\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in function `Fire'
...uctionMaster\libs\Ace3\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-3.lua:120: in function <...uctionMaster\libs\Ace3\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Locals:
nil
Attached Files
File Type: zip GladiusEx34A.zip (550.3 KB, 264 views)

Last edited by Tonyleila : 01-10-15 at 03:27 PM.
01-11-15, 09:35 PM   #2
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

So there were still some druid spells bugged and also some others classes so I hope they are fixed now. I'll look into add new cooldowns to the AddOn now.

I also found this Lua error and I think it has to do something with the Buffs not working?

Code:
1x GladiusEx\modules\auras-Auren.lua:221: script ran too long
GladiusEx\modules\auras-Auren.lua:221: in function <GladiusEx\modules\auras.lua:181>
GladiusEx\modules\auras-Auren.lua:388: in function `scan'
GladiusEx\modules\auras-Auren.lua:436: in function `?'
...ibs\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:147: in function <...ibs\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:4>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[2]"]:13: in function `?'
...ibs\Ace3\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in function `Fire'
...uctionMaster\libs\Ace3\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-3.lua:120: in function <...uctionMaster\libs\Ace3\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Locals:
And there are also this two:

Code:
1x [string "safecall Dispatcher[6]"]:13: script ran too long
[string "safecall Dispatcher[6]"]:13: in function `?'
...ns\GladiusEx\libs\LibCooldownTracker-1.0-10\library.lua:324: in function <...ns\GladiusEx\libs\LibCooldownTracker-1.0\library.lua:182>
...ns\GladiusEx\libs\LibCooldownTracker-1.0-10\library.lua:526: in function <...ns\GladiusEx\libs\LibCooldownTracker-1.0\library.lua:525>

Locals:
Code:
1x GladiusEx\modules\cooldowns.lua:692: script ran too long
GladiusEx\modules\cooldowns.lua:692: in function <GladiusEx\modules\cooldowns.lua:634>
GladiusEx\modules\cooldowns.lua:748: in function `UpdateGroupIcons'
GladiusEx\modules\cooldowns.lua:559: in function `UpdateIcons'
GladiusEx\modules\cooldowns.lua:422: in function `?'
[string "safecall Dispatcher[6]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[6]"]:4>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[6]"]:13: in function `?'
...ns\GladiusEx\libs\LibCooldownTracker-1.0-10\library.lua:324: in function <...ns\GladiusEx\libs\LibCooldownTracker-1.0\library.lua:182>
...ns\GladiusEx\libs\LibCooldownTracker-1.0-10\library.lua:526: in function <...ns\GladiusEx\libs\LibCooldownTracker-1.0\library.lua:525>

Locals:
Attached Files
File Type: zip GladiusEx35A.zip (549.6 KB, 246 views)
01-12-15, 12:23 AM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

Well, after looking at that auras.lua file I'm not even a little surprised you're getting "script ran too long" errors. Whoever wrote it clearly had no idea how functions in Lua work. Every time anyone's auras change (which can be dozens or even hundreds of times per second per unit in combat!) it's calling the "UpdateUnitAuras" method, which creates seven functions every time it runs, not to mention the many, many tables it's creating every time. I didn't even look at the rest of the addon, but it's probably doing the same thing everywhere. All these functions should only be created once and then called when needed -- not created over and over again. Outside of a few specific situations (which are generally advanced topics that most addons will never encounter) you should never create a function inside another function.

If you want to fix it, you've got a lot of boring work on your hands -- you'll need to move all functions outside of other functions, and then modify them to accept (and be passed) the additional variables they're currently acting on. For example, the first function-in-function:

Code:
function Auras:UpdateUnitAuras(event, unit)
	if not self.buffFrame[unit] and not self.debuffFrame[unit] then return end

--[[ bunch of local variables defined here ]]

local function set_aura(index, buff)
After you move "set_aura" outside of the "UpdateUnitAuras" method, you'd also need to make it receive the other variables it works on:

Code:
local function set_aura(index, buff, auraFrame, icon_index, aurasBuffsMax)
... then pass those variables when you call the function later (currently line 375):

Code:
if set_aura(aura_index, buffs, auraFrame, icon_index, aurasBuffsMax) then return end
Also, since the value of "icon_index" is modified inside the function, you'd need to make more changes so that the new value was passed back at the end of the "set_aura" function:

Code:
return icon_index > aurasBuffsMax, icon_index
... and receive that value on line 375, assigning it to the original "icon_index" variable:

Code:
local stop_here
stop_here, icon_index = set_aura(aura_index, buffs, auraFrame, icon_index, aurasBuffsMax)
if stop_here then return end
In this particular case though, it would be more efficient to just rewrite the "set_aura" function so it doesn't need any of those additional variables:

Code:
local function set_aura(aura_frame, index, buff)
	-- local aura_frame = auraFrame[icon_index] -- REMOVE THIS LINE

--[[ code here is fine ]]

-- show
	aura_frame:Show()
	-- icon_index = icon_index + 1 -- REMOVE THIS LINE
	-- return icon_index > aurasBuffsMax -- REMOVE THIS LINE
end
Then change the part where it's called to this:
Code:
			set_aura(aura_frame, aura_index, buffs)
			icon_index = icon_index + 1
			if icon_index > aurasBuffsMax then return end
Frankly I'd say it would be a lot easier just to use some other addon that's actually being maintained and was written by someone who knows what they're doing (at least enough to avoid such glaring errors as re-creating functions billions of times inside a UNIT_AURA handler) or even to write your own from scratch as an oUF layout -- at least oUF handles all this basic stuff like placing aura icons for you!

Last edited by Phanx : 01-12-15 at 12:27 AM.
01-12-15, 06:36 AM   #4
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Thanks Phanx, thats the problem with PvP AddOns, no body wants to maintain them so people who are new with coding try to make and Addon for it.
I have seen no other addon that can do anything like GEX exapt Gladius and Gladius is even more bugged it was giving me errors in chat everywhere and option menu did not work and then everything lagged... and it has much less options that can be changed.

If you want to fix it, you've got a lot of boring work on your hands
I'll look into the fixes you wrote here tomorrow. I don't mind boring work for this but I fear I'll not be able to fix it
01-12-15, 07:48 AM   #5
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
Thanks Phanx, thats the problem with PvP AddOns, no body wants to maintain them so people who are new with coding try to make and Addon for it.
I suspect this is because addons aren't allowed in "e-sports" PvP, so hardcore PvPers don't use them, and for most casual PvPers the default UI or whatever general unit frame addon they already have is good enough, leaving a rather small potential audience for PvP-specific unit frame addons.

The more I think about it, the more strongly I'd recommend (you or someone else) to just build arena frames from scratch as an oUF layout. All the basic stuff is already handled for you, so aside from telling it where to put things (eg. health bar here, name text there, auras underneath) you'd only need to write the PvP-specific stuff like trinket and DR tracking yourself. This way, at least if whoever writes it is going to stop maintaining it, it would be a lot less work for someone else to pick it up and update it for future patches, since most of the updates would either be already handled by oUF, or just updating spell IDs and DR data.
01-12-15, 12:22 PM   #6
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
The more I think about it, the more strongly I'd recommend (you or someone else) to just build arena frames from scratch as an oUF layout. All the basic stuff is already handled for you, so aside from telling it where to put things (eg. health bar here, name text there, auras underneath) you'd only need to write the PvP-specific stuff like trinket and DR tracking yourself.[...] or just updating spell IDs and DR data.
That is definitly possible, oUF_Adirelle does that. It's not licensed open source however so you can't copy any code from it. But you can use DRData and/or DiminishingReturns:

http://www.wowace.com/addons/drdata-1-0/ (licensed BSD) for an example, check here

OR
http://www.wowace.com/addons/diminishingreturns/

Trinkets are kind of easy, just listen to UNIT_SPELLCAST_SUCCEEDED.

lua Code:
  1. local cooldown_times = {}
  2. cooldown_times[GetSpellInfo(59752)] = 120
  3. cooldown_times[GetSpellInfo(42292)] = 120
  4. -- wotf
  5. -- cooldown_times[GetSpellInfo(7744)] = 30

You can also just add http://www.wowinterface.com/download...FTrinkets.html.
01-12-15, 04:42 PM   #7
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

The interesting things about GEX are:
- shows cooldowns for arenatargets and partymembers
- Crowdcontrols instead of the spec icons for your partymembers and Arenatargets
- "Last used Spell" icon row that is a great replament for a castbar, not only nice for enemys also nice too see what your made is doing so you can find a good one.
- Incomming heal and Absorb
- Display of class and race as text
- Alerts when an arenatarget casts something important or drinks
- An optionmenu where you can add new /missing spells easy and it lets you customize the whole unitframes

You realy think all this is easy possible with OUF?

I suspect this is because addons aren't allowed in "e-sports" PvP, so hardcore PvPers don't use them, and for most casual PvPers the default UI or whatever general unit frame addon they already have is good enough, leaving a rather small potential audience for PvP-specific unit frame addons.
Every hardcore PVP uses Gladius even if they just play with default UI. I also have played on Arena servers and were on the top 5% with over 100 wins. But well PvP is also a great part of the normal Game with achivments, Mounts and titels that woud be much more easy to get with a nice PvP UI where you can see everything you want

Last edited by Tonyleila : 01-12-15 at 04:45 PM.
01-12-15, 05:45 PM   #8
sirann
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You realy think all this is easy possible with OUF?
Easy, no, easier than the laundry list of function changes from GEX, yes.

- shows cooldowns for arenatargets and partymembers
make a table, check the table, listen for ability reset spells and reset when you enter/leave the arena/the unit dies
- Crowdcontrols instead of the spec icons for your partymembers and Arenatargets
not sure of the specifics of this one
- "Last used Spell" icon row that is a great replacment for a castbar, not only nice for enemy, also nice to see what your made is doing so you can find a good one.
should be easily done using the auras module in oUF
- Incoming heal and Absorb
already a specifically made module for this in oUF that requires 8 lines of code to make functional
- Display of class and race as text
already done in default oUF tags
- Alerts when an arenatarget casts something important or drinks
doesn't even require ouf, could be own standalone script that listens for a table of spells including a drinking one then performs a raid warning when x y or z occurs
- An optionmenu where you can add new /missing spells easy and it lets you customize the whole unitframes
just make a table to add shit to, as easy as adding a comma after your last entry, copy and pasting your last entry, and changing the spellID number
01-13-15, 04:40 AM   #9
Clamsoda
A Frostmaul Preserver
Proximo/Gladius/GladiusEx and similar addons should have been manifested as an open-source oUF project ages ago, really. oUF does a large majority of what those addons require incredibly well. All that would be needed is some PvP specific logic on-top of it. Understand that the majority of the latter already exists as libraries and would just require implementation.

If the display of trinkets, auras, classes, etc. were displayed in a non-volatile way, all that would be needed to take such a layout from patch to patch or expansion to expansion would be lib updates and having new data compiled, which is much more reasonable than re-coding every aspect of the addon.

Furthermore, another appeal of Gladius and its contemporaries is the in-depth in-game configuration, and those are more than achievable with an oUF layout. oUF_FreeBGrid comes to mind.

Last edited by Clamsoda : 01-13-15 at 04:42 AM.
01-15-15, 08:20 AM   #10
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

OK another idea, woud it be possible to write a Raven Plugin so you coud creat Raven Bar groups for Group and Arena targets? That woud be awsome because then I already have my spell list with Raven Filter its easy to update and coud filter CCs with a spell list that already exists. Then I coud easy anchor the Buffs/debuffs to any unitframe/addon I want even GEX untill there maybe some day is an OUF layout for that

Last edited by Tonyleila : 01-15-15 at 08:23 AM.
01-19-15, 05:40 PM   #11
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

OK I'll pay 100€ to the one who can create an oUF layout with alll the options of GladiusEX. And I only need the Arena and Partyframes.
I coud help creating a list of cooldowns/crowd controls if you want or much more easy for me woud be a Plugin to create Raven bargroups for Arena targets and Group, I have already requested this in the raven Tickets @ Curse.

If you think thats not enoth tell me your price.

Last edited by Tonyleila : 01-19-15 at 06:57 PM.
01-19-15, 05:50 PM   #12
Phanx
Cat.

Hmm. How many options exactly does it need to have, or is just looking/functioning like the screenshot you posted sufficient, with some basic options for font/statusbar/etc?
01-19-15, 06:34 PM   #13
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Almost all the GladiusEX options exapt the Pet don't need to see the pet.
Cooldowns/Class Icon don't need ingame option to add/remove Auras or spells - that shoud work out of the box anyway. Move frames seperated from each other and Disable self for party woud be nice too.

The addon woud not only be for me thats why I woud prefer to have options so everyone can get the look he wants for his UI. But if you think its woud be too much to do this.... if it woud just look like in the screenshot and have options to move/set font and Text tags/Position of buffs & debuffs/side with and high of HP & Power woud be enoth too - even it it were just options in the lua file.

Its not only unitframes its Unitframes with Announcments (Drinking low hp Reszrrection), Crowdcontrols, rightklick to focus, Cooldowns of Party and Arenatargets, Skill Hisory and a Testmode so you don't need to go into Arena to set them up. But I guess most of this coud be taken from existing addons.

Last edited by Tonyleila : 01-19-15 at 06:36 PM.
01-20-15, 11:40 PM   #14
Phanx
Cat.

I might look into it over the weekend, though I really need to finish some work on Grid first...
01-21-15, 10:26 AM   #15
ominouswanderer
A Kobold Labourer
Definitely would love to see this fixed as well.

Either that or personally I could get by with normal Gladius (it was updated, if it wasn't working before for you it should work now) but with the addition of a standalone cooldown tracker to be able to track both the party as well as arena offensive and defensive cooldowns.

I was looking at the new version of ArenaLive which has a cooldown tracker built into it but would need to spend more time looking to see how to pull it out. I'm a little surprised there aren't any solid cooldown trackers out there for unitframes.
03-06-15, 03:14 PM   #16
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

GladiusEX has been updated ! Looks like the Author has some time to fix bugs atm.

I'm not shure if anyone has started to create an oUF layout or whatever yet, I guess not?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Please someone fix GladiusEx