05-09-15, 05:57 AM   #1
eplefisk
A Murloc Raider
DBM positioning issue

Problem: If I restart/relogg or reload UI the position of the DBM bars gets resetted.

If i open /dbm and go into Options -> Bar setup this error immediately gets logged:

I can however move the bars and they will stay there untill I relogg/reload ui or restart the game.
This is really annoing and would love to know if its a fix for this?

Otherwise I love the UI. Not alot of other bugs I can think of at the moment
Oh yea, one thing (but maybe just a setting) the bar at the bottom doesn't work very great in combat. No tooltips, guild function (who's online etc) doesn't work

Also caught another bug, not sure in what situation but just noticed it:

Would also love to see the "Quest objective" icon from Skaarj UI get implemented in a feature realease (ass seen on this picture: http://s.cdn.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw64655.jpg)

Last edited by eplefisk : 05-10-15 at 03:19 PM.
05-10-15, 09:55 AM   #2
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
Make sure you have the latest version of DBM and nibRealUI_BossSkins

What are the locals for the DBM bug?

Last edited by Gethe : 05-10-15 at 10:06 AM.
05-10-15, 02:50 PM   #3
eplefisk
A Murloc Raider
Ah I am so stupid, forgot to say I was using the DBM-Skaarj skin. Didn't thought that was the issue since I am pretty sure I had this issue before I installed it aswell. Also tried to remove it now and update the skins from the link you posted but that didn't help either.

Here is with the locals:

Maybe a full reinstall of the UI would fix it, but would love if I could get it to work with the Skaarj skin

Last edited by eplefisk : 05-10-15 at 03:19 PM.
05-10-15, 03:18 PM   #4
eplefisk
A Murloc Raider
Btw is it also just me who can't see the role in the LFR window?

05-10-15, 04:11 PM   #5
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
That skin operates by overwriting one of DBM's files. Due to it not being updated since November, there is a high likelihood that it is missing a new setting, thus causing an error.

I would suggest that you remove your current DBM and install a fresh copy. If you use the Curse Client this can be done by right-clicking on DBM and selecting "update" then "yes" to reinstall.

05-14-15, 08:26 AM   #6
eplefisk
A Murloc Raider
Anyone who would be so kind and update that skin so it works with RealUI? Love the look it. Would be greatly appreciated

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...kaarjSkin.html
05-14-15, 10:42 AM   #7
Gethe
RealUI Developer

Premium Member
Featured
It's not about working with RealUI, it's about working with the current version of DBM. Addons that can only work by directly changing another addon will only work so long as its author maintains them.

This is why nibRealUI_BossSkins uses DBMs own skinning API, so direct changes aren't needed. If later on a new setting is added, my addon won't break like the Skaarj skin did.

That said, if you want someone to take over that skin it would be better to do so in a separate thread outside the RealUI forum.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » DBM positioning issue