09-29-16, 01:20 AM   #1
rivaidan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Humble request

Hello friends, is there a way you could allow the quest objective window to not fade when in combat? there are many times im fighting things and wonder how many i need to finish for said quest but its so dim i can barely make out what its trying to hide. Thanks in advance!
09-29-16, 02:00 AM   #2
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by rivaidan View Post
is there a way you could allow the quest objective window to not fade when in combat?

Don't you mean the WorldMapFrame when your character is moving? You can use this command or AdvancedInterfaceOptions
Code:
/console mapFade 0

Alternatively, addons like Classic Quest Log could help

(Edit) wait, is there something I missed? Since this is in the RealUI forums :S
09-29-16, 10:13 AM   #3
rivaidan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the reply! i tried the command you said but ive had no luck. what im referring to is the quest objective area of the ui as seen here while im in combat http://imgur.com/jpgX8MK. as you can see from my screenshot its fades so much you can barely read it while in combat. now take a look at what it looks like out of combat http://imgur.com/RYyupbO

Last edited by rivaidan : 09-29-16 at 10:19 AM.
09-29-16, 11:55 AM   #4
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

One of your addons is doing that. I don't use other peoples' addons as much as I do my own, so I wouldn't be able to identify which one it is. If you post a list of what addons you're running, perhaps someone here could help you narrow it down or point out what settings you need to change.
09-29-16, 12:22 PM   #5
rivaidan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'd like to let you know i really really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to help this silly warlock. Rather than dig through my addons to see if that was the cause i decided to backup everything and just test your theory so i deleted my interface and wtf folders and installed just realui with no additions. i'm afraid what i posted about is still happening so it must be a setting within the ui. ive dug into it as much as i can within its settings and its just eluded me so far. as proof ive posted screenshots of my interface folder and again highlighting the quest area in combat and out. Again, thank you so much for taking a look.

Interface addons folder
Out of combat sample
In combat sample
And to be as thorough as possible here is a showing of my addons from in game in their default state (ive tweaked nothing)
09-30-16, 05:59 AM   #6
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It seems to be coming from nUI's ObjectivesAdv module. I've looked through the settings and even though the code looks like it's storing a variable that controls this behavior, I can't seem to find an actual setting for this. I've found a way to disable this permanently though, and it involves commenting out a line of code in a Lua file.

The file you're looking for is at nibRealUI\Modules\ObjectivesAdv.lua. You'll want to open this up in a text editor like Notepad and find the following line.
Code:
CombatFader:RegisterFrameForFade(MODNAME, _G.ObjectiveTrackerFrame)
You'll want to comment this out by putting two hyphens (-) at the beginning of the line, like this.
Code:
--  CombatFader:RegisterFrameForFade(MODNAME, _G.ObjectiveTrackerFrame)
09-30-16, 06:40 AM   #7
rivaidan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hello! With your instructions i was easily able to find and make those changes and am happy to update that it worked and all is well again. Thank you so much you've no idea how much this change will improve my gameplay. You are my hero!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » Humble request