06-06-09, 05:58 PM   #1
Kaldelar
A Defias Bandit

Request: Graphical UI

Or is it artistic? Ah, you know what I mean. There are few times when I (and many more) stumble on a piece of digital art and go “Whooa…” and to be frank, I’d like that feeling whenever I log onto WoW.
I’ll make a long story short, since I’ll starting ranting otherwise, hehe. I’m looking for an artist/or multiple to design a UI with a theme. Since my skills with Photoshop and similar are limited to manipulation and not creation, I’d rather not risk tearing my hair due to epic failures.
So far so good? Excellent.

What I would like:
- Most here have seen Roth’s UI with the Diablo themed orbs, Tyrael and the devil. I’d like something in style with that: 3D figure(s) over a very well made “actionbar” as he has it.
- The Burning Crusade theme! Yes, I know, everyone are sold on WotLK right now… but I grew very, very fond of it.
- Continuation of previous section: The closer to Illidan Stormrage the better! This image (http://www.wow-europe.com/shared/wow...idan-1600x.jpg, especially the face+torso) was what gave me the idea.
- Donations for your work (if, obviously, I like it. Duh) are guaranteed!
- MSN is provided here, feel free to contact me:[email protected]
06-15-09, 09:41 AM   #2
Kaldelar
A Defias Bandit

Sneaky bump!
06-16-09, 08:25 AM   #3
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
i think the best and quickest way to achieve what you want is by using some addon like btex or maybe sunnart and modify an existing theme.

Cut and past the part you want from the above mentioned picture, into the right or in the left side (and mirror it).

just make sure you save it as a .tga again and it'll be the size and picture you want.

I know it's not 3D, but i'tll manage for as long as nobody knows how to or wants to create what you want.

I'm truly a non-artistic someone, and therefore i can't help ya with the 3d stuff and all. I even use 2 different programs to acomplish the texture stuff normally (fireworks for editing and gimp for turning the png into a working tga)

but still my best and easiest solution is when you make your custom theme for "sunn viewport art". Just put the stuff in the sunnart themefolder, look into the lua's to see where the themes are set, and put in your own as well.
06-16-09, 03:22 PM   #4
Tearstar
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kaldelar View Post
Or is it artistic? Ah, you know what I mean. There are few times when I (and many more) stumble on a piece of digital art and go “Whooa…” and to be frank, I’d like that feeling whenever I log onto WoW.
I’ll make a long story short, since I’ll starting ranting otherwise, hehe. I’m looking for an artist/or multiple to design a UI with a theme. Since my skills with Photoshop and similar are limited to manipulation and not creation, I’d rather not risk tearing my hair due to epic failures.
So far so good? Excellent.

What I would like:
- Most here have seen Roth’s UI with the Diablo themed orbs, Tyrael and the devil. I’d like something in style with that: 3D figure(s) over a very well made “actionbar” as he has it.
- The Burning Crusade theme! Yes, I know, everyone are sold on WotLK right now… but I grew very, very fond of it.
- Continuation of previous section: The closer to Illidan Stormrage the better! This image (http://www.wow-europe.com/shared/wow...idan-1600x.jpg, especially the face+torso) was what gave me the idea.
- Donations for your work (if, obviously, I like it. Duh) are guaranteed!
- MSN is provided here, feel free to contact me:[email protected]
I like this idea and would like to persue it futher . . . I don't use msn, but if you send me a pm, we can communicate further, just want to get some more details.

Thanks

Magelo Profile
My Myspace
My Youtube Channel

My First Video I made for my kids - please comment and/or rate

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: Graphical UI