Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
12-12-12, 01:23 PM   #1
Barleduq
Premium Member

Premium Member
Constant errors across addons, 'script ran too long'

I'm not sure if this is where this should go - please, move it as needed, and I'll try to follow.

I'm having a whole *bunch* of my addons throw errors, almost all of the variety 'script ran too long'. Most of the time it's the pair of addons that I use to track quests (Wholly/Grail), but I've had swatter report the 'script ran too long' error... from swatter. o.O

I'm not a coder, just a user (a power user, having been a low-end junior sysop, but still, a user).

is there anything that I, as a user, can/should/could do about this? Other than randomly start disabling addons. (Annoying, when I'm in a dungeon and have things popping in my face, and yet disabling things that are usefull.... fortunately, the quest stuff (which is the most frequently blamed addon) isn't quite as needed in that more-immediate environment.) I've talked to other folks who also have this 'script ran too long' error popping up, on different addons, so I know it's not just me, and not just Wholly/Grail.

Thanks for any help/ideas.

Addons I'm using:
ACP, Advanced Icon Selector, Altoholic, Analyst, Archy, Auctioneer Suite, Autorepair (off curse, not the one here), Badboy, Beancounter (part of Auc Suite), BelowAverageItems, Chinchilla Critter Emote (from curse), Compass, DragEmAll, Dresser, Elephant, Enchantrix (part of Auc Suite), Engravings, Faction Addict, FastQuest-Classic (99% of the time disabled, use it for extreme world-event npc tagging e.g. getting the Lunar Elders on my low-levels for corpse-run kicks...), Fishing Buddy, Flight Map Enhanced, Gatherer (but i don't use the HUD), Gnomish Vendor Shrinker (just added yesteday), Goblin Vendor Filter (just added yesterday), Grail, Holiday Helper, IgnoreMore, Inflight (yes, a second flight map thingie), Informant, Keeping Tabs, Lagbar, Lightheaded, MetaMap (just added it, but this was happenign before), Postal, Range Display, Silver Dragon, Simplegold, Slidebar (the configuration for which seems broken), Speedy Gonzales, Stubby (again, part of Auc Suite and Gatherer), Swatter, Swindler Preventer, Tabard Addict, TomTom, Track-O-Matic, Wholly, Zone Achievement Tracker. I *was* using one that was a great aid in getting the '/love these pests' achievement, but with the consolidation of achievements across accounts, that broke and afaik hasn't been fixed yet. There are also about 3 more in the folder that I don't use, having been put there by other folks (who I presume turn all of mine off...); they're turned off at the 'character selection screen' level. (DCoords, Recount, Macrobank)

The errors reported by Swatter most frequently blame Grail for 'script running too long' - but, while blaming Grail for running too long, it will have lines from e.g. Datastore, which is a set of modules used by Altoholic, and *not* Grail. (yes, I've been talking to the Wholly/Grail dev about this, and sending him vast quantities of errors...)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Constant errors across addons, 'script ran too long'