10-15-05, 01:00 AM   #21
Hervard
A Defias Bandit

This looks like it will be a nice, clean mod when it's shaped up a bit. I quite like the idea of using less memory, and the use of different modules is a good idea, too.

A couple of annoyances, though:

After having scanned the selected page(s) in the Auction House, the "Scan" button still says "Stop Scan" even though the scan has been completed.

You probably should mention that both Ace and AceGUI are required. I downloaded AceGUI with the link provided, looked at the loaded AddOns and noticed that Ace was required for AceGUI...

Having an item's sell value be shown on its tooltip is very useful. However, it would appear that this sell value data is only collected for items in your bags when you visit a vendor. This is not useful at all.

I'd like to be able to hover over equipped items and see their sell value without having to unequip them and talk to a vendor, just to have their sell values appear.

I'd also like to see sell values of items that I don't even have. When an item is linked through the chat, or when I'm viewing an item through KC Linkview, I'd like to see the sell value right there.

I won't be using this mod until I can see the sell values for every item instantly.
10-15-05, 06:35 AM   #22
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hehe, I've been requiring ace forever so I forget that some people don't know it.

To get that database of items your talking about go here.

KC_Items_MasterDB

install merge it with KC_Items and then optionally delete it.

Gives you ~16k sell values.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
10-15-05, 08:11 AM   #23
Hervard
A Defias Bandit

Ahh sweet, thank you! I'll give that a try.
10-15-05, 08:43 AM   #24
rberry88
Premium Member
I am unable to scan the auction house. When I open the Auction House and press the scan button it displays a message in the auction house window: KC_Items: You must have at least one category selected to perform a scan

I even tried selecting Weapon->Bows and it still gives me this message and won't scan. I then tried the chatline function '/kci auction scan' and it gives me the same error. Any idea?
10-15-05, 10:56 AM   #25
Amadar
A Murloc Raider
That URL Doesn't go anywhere, how do you "merge" the database? Sorry if i am a NOOB!... but I will learn

Originally Posted by Kaelten
hehe, I've been requiring ace forever so I forget that some people don't know it.

To get that database of items your talking about go here.

KC_Items_MasterDB

install merge it with KC_Items and then optionally delete it.

Gives you ~16k sell values.
10-15-05, 11:08 AM   #26
Amadar
A Murloc Raider
Valid /KCI command line options

I tried to do a /kci scan and it says its and invalid option, what are the valid command line options?
10-15-05, 11:38 AM   #27
Devla
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Here

KC_Items_MasterDB
10-15-05, 04:20 PM   #28
DSanai
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Two things I noticed, Kael:

(1) You're spelling tier "teir" -- might want to change that.

(2) For some odd reason, many of my items in the linkview are duplicated. Not all of them are, but a great majority. There's only ever 2 though, that I could see (not 3 or 4 duplicates).
10-16-05, 08:57 PM   #29
Gazmik
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I'm in the middle of updating ShoppingList to support KC_Items as an alternative to Auctioneer now that the snapshot can be persistent. Unfortunately, I still can't get equivalent functionality to Auctioneer, as KCI's snapshot data doesn't tell me all the information I'd like to present to the user.

Currently, the snapshot contains observed stack sizes and observed prices in separate tables, each of them sorted. Since they're sorted separately, this dissociates the observed prices from the stack sizes (and from each other, but for my purposes I'm only looking at buyout). So, I can tell the player what the best observed price (per each) for an item is, but not how many items are stacked in whichever auction that price was observed in.

For example... In my latest scan there are three auctions for Naga Scale: one scale for 5s, another single scale for 6s, and a stack of three for 10s. The snapshot for Naga Scale thus looks like:
Code:
 { buy={333, 500, 500}, stacks={1,1,3} }
As you can see, there's no way to recognize that the 333 buyout corresponds to the stack size of 3. (And even if there were, we'd still be inaccurate in reporting a total price for the stack of 9s99c.)

I imagine you're probably running into this issue yourself if you're looking to implement equivalents to Auctioneer's broker/bidbroker commands, but figured I should drop a heads-up anyway.
10-16-05, 10:20 PM   #30
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
hmm... I didn't considered this when I setup the snapshot system up. I may look at redoing it.

One question Gazmik, has anyone reported a tooltip issue with your mods and mine?

10-16-05, 10:36 PM   #31
Theondry
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
@Rberry

There are very subtle tickboxes in the auction frame. You need to check the tickbox for each section you want to scan.
10-17-05, 03:29 AM   #32
Amadar
A Murloc Raider
KC_Items and Auctioneer

I have found that both mods run well at the same time and the data windows do not over lap. I look at both and try to come up with the price I want. Maby your mod can look and all the tables and come up with the calculated price you want. Of course the disadvantage is running 3 mods and have to scan atleast twice.. but I am the patient sort.
10-17-05, 04:12 PM   #33
Gazmik
A Cobalt Mageweaver

hmm... I didn't considered this when I setup the snapshot system up. I may look at redoing it.
A suggestion for a simple workaround: it doesn't look like there's anything that relies on the "stacks", "buys", "mins", etc. tables being sorted... they just end up that way as a result of getBellCurve() sorting its input. If you altered getBellCurve() to work from a copy of the table passed in (or from a variable-length arguments list instead of a single table argument), the "buys", "mins", "stacks", etc. tables would be left as-is, and I could reasonably assume that buys[n] corresponds with stacks[n].

One question Gazmik, has anyone reported a tooltip issue with your mods and mine?
I've had a few reports of tooltip-related errors since I dropped EnhTooltip in favor of maintaining my own tooltip hook library several weeks ago, and most of them have been eliminated in my current releases (save for a couple of reports I can't seem to reproduce), but nobody's mentioned KC_Items.
10-17-05, 04:41 PM   #34
Firedancer
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by DSanai
(2) For some odd reason, many of my items in the linkview are duplicated. Not all of them are, but a great majority. There's only ever 2 though, that I could see (not 3 or 4 duplicates).
I noticed this as well today, though I saw 3 of the same item. I clicked on all three links and noticed that the stats varied slightly. One version was +6int +6sta, one was +5int +6sta, and the other was +6int +5sta. All three items exist (as I have noticed this when looking for things in the auction house), but I don't think that the previous versions of KCI saved each type...it probably overwrote it with the most recent item seen with that name.
10-17-05, 06:31 PM   #35
DSanai
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Okay, now that makes sense.

I'm perfectly happy with duplicates of that type, as that would allow me to browse them and determine what variations exist. I don't strictly need them though, so do as you see fit, Kael.
10-17-05, 08:29 PM   #36
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
@Gazmik: I had thought about that I'll look at doing that and we can see if the results will match up.

@DSanai: I'm going to try to do something to optimize the storage as sell values are always the same, however, I'm going to leave it as is for the most part.

Let me explain a quick thing regarding the way item links work.

you have the four set of numbers in the item link, 1234:56:789:0000000

the first set is the base item. second number is an 'echantment modifier' that corresponds to a player enchant. the third number is what stat modifier(s) are on an item.

So you may have 15 different 1234's in your sv list, but each of them have a different third set. Ignoring the third set (as I used to do) leads to big problems with the Database, especially for auction prices. I accidently did that one time, it helped save on storage, but wasn't worth the issues.

If you don't want a variation you can shift-right click I think to remove an item from the list (and database)

10-19-05, 04:01 AM   #37
DSanai
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

I'm really not worried, bud.

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a data corruption or storage problem. I'm happy knowing it's intended.

When one runs 151 active addons, including the big hogs, one isn't all that concerned, so long as there's a reason.

I would love to see KCI incorporate the command-line search and typeable-item-links features that TypeLinks has, by the way. Currently I have KCI and TypeLinks BOTH storing items they see, and I only keep the latter around so I can type, in the chatbox, [?Item Name?] to do searches/partial-searches and have it display (up to a maximum I've set) item links in my chatbox, or be able to type a message and just include [*Item Name*] and have it turn that into a link before sending -- without any GUI manipulation.

Since KCI seems to be turning into an all-in-wonder, maybe something to consider?
10-20-05, 01:57 PM   #38
pdaddy
A Defias Bandit
I appologize in advance for being so stupid. Pre 1.8 KC_items was so easy to use but I have yet to be successful in it's use since the patch.

I click on scan and it tells me I have to choose a category. (So I can't scan the entier AH now? Me no likey that)

So when I do select weapons, it still says I need to choose a category. (EDIT* I see from some screenshots that there is supposed to be some checkboxes. I get none of that.)

If I do a search first, then click Scan, the search results disappear, and no scan ever seems to take place.

Lastly, kc used to autofill auction prices for me. Not it doesn't.

Is there any documentation anywhere on the mod? I don't see it, but then again, my wife says I am blind. LOL

thanks for doing this mod, but I did like the old version better...at least until I figure this one out.

Last edited by pdaddy : 10-20-05 at 02:10 PM.
10-20-05, 03:41 PM   #39
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Do you have AceGUI Installed? its availalbe in the Ace download section here.

10-20-05, 04:40 PM   #40
pdaddy
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Kaelten
Do you have AceGUI Installed? its availalbe in the Ace download section here.

I'm good now. A reboot solved my problem. Either that or I just totally missed the tick boxes earlier. DOn't tell the wife

Last edited by pdaddy : 10-20-05 at 07:48 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » KC_Items 0.93. Preview and release thread.