08-22-08, 07:41 PM   #1
quikdeth
A Murloc Raider
Question Another Auctioneer Noob

Hello all,

I am brand new to Auctioneer, and have just installed AA 5.0 pre (well, 1 day ago). I am pretty clear on most of its functionality, with one major exception... AA works great for finding deals etc, but I seem to have LOST the ability to do simple searches like I used to BEFORE auctioneer. For example, if I want to see what one-handed maces are available over level 45, I enter 45 in the Level Range, and select Weapon, One-Handed Mace, and then click Search. Inevitably it either does one of two things. Either I get a long "Searching For Items..." that never seems to end (and bells ding every 20 or 30 secs while it flashes to some text that goes too fast to read, then back to "Searching for Items") -OR- it displays what seems like the likely offerings for about 2 to 5 seconds, then all the items change to just random auction items.

I could just log out and turn the addon off after a quick scan, but would lose all my data, right? Or does it retain the data even if it get switched off? Besides...that is a huge pain..

I think I understand AA as a tool for finding price bargains (well, sort of, enough to make it work a little); But what if I just want to buy a new set of Bracers?! I am about to check for addon conflicts (I have Cosmos running and one or two others) AGAIN, but disabling everything but AA didn't seem to help. Anyone who could help me will be my best WoW pal!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AuctioneerIssue.png
Views:	600
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	1859  

Last edited by quikdeth : 08-23-08 at 06:35 AM.
08-22-08, 07:50 PM   #2
quikdeth
A Murloc Raider
One more thing

PS, I am using a Mac G5 OS X, if that matters (most .LUA files seem to work fine)
08-23-08, 07:31 AM   #3
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think you ar eusing an outdated version, my AA doesn't look like yours, it has no "Scan" button at the bottom, make sure you grab the latest version here, I experienced similiar problems in older version like yours but the latest AuctioneerAdvancedSuite-5.0.PRE.3342.zip is running very well here.
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)
08-24-08, 06:46 PM   #4
quikdeth
A Murloc Raider
Hmmm

Well, the date on my files says modified aug 11m 2008; i DL'd the 3342 version, and those have the same date...so I have to assume they are the same files...

From my research, the bottom "SCAN" button calls on Auctioneer, while the top one calls Auctioneer Advanced. Should I just grab the Release Version instead? Perhaps the preview is buggy? I have already made some 40g with bottom scanner, but damned if i can get some other things to work...search auction will only bid sometimes (i think it stops if the auction isn't up b/c the last scan is too old?) and I can't seem to just get a quick result on the stuff I am looking to buy. I am about to just go retro...I love the mod, but have been turning it off to look for items for my toon...
08-24-08, 06:48 PM   #5
quikdeth
A Murloc Raider
I originally grabbed the full suite, which incl. both auctioneer and auctioneer advanced suites...
08-25-08, 03:10 AM   #6
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
possible bug then I don't use the Full suite which seem a way too heavy, the AuctioneerAdvancedSuite is very good and has all what do you need in a fresh new code, scanning the AH is really faster than the older version, never got your problem again with it, the bad side is that if you have already an existing DB you would like to keep from an auctioneer classic or older, it's not compatible with the new advanced.
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)
08-25-08, 09:45 AM   #7
quikdeth
A Murloc Raider
Wink

TY for your kind replies. It seems that you are supposed to Right Click on the magnifying glass, and this yields better results than a straight search in AH. However, it is by no means instant (though its acceptably fast). I think there may be some kind of crossover between the legacy and new Auctioneer...some of these mods work only with one or the other, and thus I am left doing 2x the scans. I wonder if I should just reinstall the new version ONLY...I would only do that if I could keep my data...heck, 3 days is 3 days. Also, just wondering...does this thing start to snowball or what? I am averaging (over about 4 days now) about 10g extra per day, and I was hoping it would start going nuts with the dinero. I use BottomScan to pick up deals...but sometimes when posting auctions I see "Cannot Match Lowest Price". Should I still post the stuff? Also, it often suggests items I am wary of, such as Codexes etc (of which most of these spells are trainable, w/ the exception of the really high level drop only types. Also, Librams, which in my pre-auctioneer experience never really sold...any advice would be most welcome...
08-25-08, 09:52 AM   #8
quikdeth
A Murloc Raider
Also, with obvious exceptions (like armor kits) I wonder if its better to keep things in stacks or divide them up...what do you people think?

Bidding Wars SUCK

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Another Auctioneer Noob