AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Post TK Undead Gothic UI Theme version 1.1.2005

Wow Undead Gothic UI Theme

Updates:

Latest updates and information:

* November, 10 2005

Updates/Fixes in Version 1.1.2005

- Fixed offset borders.
- Completed tabbed dialog art conversion. (one tab was previously not converted to undead art)
- Replaced many more UI pieces with Undead Gothic art.
- Added a clean (without border design) parchment to Quest Log panel.

Previous notes:

This UI was designed to be a simple themed graphics swap-out, as not to break add-ons. I didn't want it to be overstated or understated, so hopefully I found a balance that is somewhere between the two. I really like the default Wow UI, Blizzard did an absolutely fantastic job designing it.

This is really last minute stuff, as I've been working on several different games at once (3 of them), and have been in-out of town during the last stretch. There are a LOT of pieces to the Wow UI, too many to completely replace at first pass, but the initial release for Halloween will have enough of the UI changed graphically to enjoy the theme. I will come back and make major overall improvements to it of course.

There are going to be 2 different types of Menu decorations available, the skull and candles are just 1 of the two.

Design comments:

Rather than borrow from previous Warcraft art, such as the Warcraft RTS interface skins. I incorporated my own style within the existing framework, without having to exadurate features to leap out at you. I really wanted a clean Undead skin that didn't distract away from the game enviroment, but rather conveyed a dark-muted haunted-cemetary-like palette. (If anyone is planning to - or has used previous WC1-3 RTS UI art for Wow UI's, this is not intended as a negative comment, but rather to simply state I wish to use my own style.)

The screenshot has side-by-sides so you can see what I mean. Some possible additions later on include animations, such as glowing candles. Again, this is a very quick swap-out graphical theme. Much more elaborate designs are on the horizon. Another has already been started.

This skin is working now, and should be released soon with in-game screenshots.

Two great people: Kuvasie and Tain are working with me on this project, we're working hard now making any last minute additions.

Thank you.

[ T.King's World of Warcraft Themes Portal ]

Last edited by T.King : 11-10-05 at 11:15 AM.
10-29-05, 04:38 PM   #2
Gooberosity
A Murloc Raider
Quick swapout? Last minute stuff??

Good lord, you make it seem so easy.

This is great, keep em coming! I missed your stuff since I quit EQ so long ago.
10-29-05, 06:41 PM   #3
T.King
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Gooberosity
Quick swapout? Last minute stuff??

Good lord, you make it seem so easy.

This is great, keep em coming! I missed your stuff since I quit EQ so long ago.
Thank you, and yes it has been crazy all month for me. I've received countless emails from people who have followed my work over the years, requesting skins for Wow. I hope that this skin does not disappoint, due to the tough time constraints.

Many may feel that this skin is more suitable for players of Horde, but hopefully people will be in the Halloween spirit and give it try - as it is really neat to see in-game. I play a Night-Elf Druid myself, and love this theme since it's not overstated, blends into Wow perfectly.

When the skin is up, there should be an official front-page announcement, I just wanted to drop a quick preview in - since many had asked about it at the Austin Game Conference. I had mentioned that it should be up by this past Friday, but the plan is really just to have it ready by or before Halloween.

Thank you for following my work back in EQ, I had a ton of fun making those skins. This was before all the design contraints, and being told to do things differently than the way I would have. I'm still trying to shake off those negative influences that had held me back until very recently.

10-30-05, 01:50 AM   #4
Andeh
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
This is extremely awsome. I dont have any undead characters and im really not fussed over halloween, but im so going to use this when you release it. Im also very curious to see what your other design is, weather it has a more generic theme, rather than an undead theme. You have great talent in Photoshop (asuming thats what you used) and im glad to see you have used it for a great purpose. Keep it up, this is a winner!
10-30-05, 09:02 PM   #5
Remelio

Woohoo! Looks awesome, but then again what else should we expect!
10-31-05, 06:54 AM   #6
herbalchild
A Kobold Labourer
yea seriously very nice, cant wait to give it a try
10-31-05, 08:42 AM   #7
Andeh
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
will this be released today?
10-31-05, 11:33 AM   #8
T.King
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Andeh
will this be released today?
Yes, making last minute changes to it right now. Should be up shortly.

10-31-05, 11:45 AM   #9
DrJeckyl
A Defias Bandit
King,

I've followed your art for years while playing EQ, I'm so happy to see your work come to WoW.

Your interfaces have always been such well thought out designs I cannot wait to try out your new interface and cannot wait to see what you will bring to WoW in the future.

Can't wait to see it!

Don't wait to long before creating a rogue interface

Many Thanks,

Dr Jeckyl
10-31-05, 12:16 PM   #10
Andeh
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by T.King
Yes, making last minute changes to it right now. Should be up shortly.
awsome! great to hear. I hope its as simple to setup as Diivskins is

also looking forwards to your other planned ui graphics!
10-31-05, 02:30 PM   #11
Industrial
A Fallenroot Satyr

wow

you == king

me so useh

no really this is awesome. I also hope no-one will push you in a direction you dont want to go to, and give up on making skins eventually. just ignore people
10-31-05, 02:56 PM   #12
T.King
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Andeh
awsome! great to hear. I hope its as simple to setup as Diivskins is

also looking forwards to your other planned ui graphics!
Just uploaded it!

I designed this theme to feel like it belongs within the game, by not being overstated and built into the existing framework. It's really neat in-game.

I hope you all enjoy this release! Horde AND/OR Alliance!

10-31-05, 02:58 PM   #13
vidarc
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
nice. i loved all your artwork in EQ. i just couldn't play with the default art afterwards

keep up the great work. WoW will look a lot better now
10-31-05, 03:28 PM   #14
DrJeckyl
A Defias Bandit
I just downloaded it, although I have several custom addons that seem to be overwriting some of the graphics the work I can see is simply beautiful, quite intricate details. I'm glad to finally have a piece of T.King in WoW.

It has been long missed since my days of EQ, great work, hope to see more in the future.

Thanks,

Dr. Jeckyl
10-31-05, 04:36 PM   #15
Remelio

Can't wait to get in game and try it out... They had to reboot the server to restore the halloween content.

*giddy with excitement*

Thanks for creating this for us all!
10-31-05, 05:17 PM   #16
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Hey, first off, awesome work. Can't wait to see if you put out more,

I found a small glitch in the graphics (at least it looks like a out of alignment to me).

Attached a screenshot, if you need any more info from me let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gltich.JPG
Views:	1302
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	240  

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
10-31-05, 07:28 PM   #17
T.King
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Kaelten
Hey, first off, awesome work. Can't wait to see if you put out more,

I found a small glitch in the graphics (at least it looks like a out of alignment to me).

Attached a screenshot, if you need any more info from me let me know.
Thanks for the heads up, working on that right now. We'll be patching new parts into this UI over the course of this week. Lots of nice enhancements.

For those who has asked about additional themes. Next month I have something even bigger planned, a theme that I think will fit in with the majority of Wow players, including another seasonal skin.

10-31-05, 09:19 PM   #18
Remelio

Originally Posted by T.King
Thanks for the heads up, working on that right now. We'll be patching new parts into this UI over the course of this week. Lots of nice enhancements.

For those who has asked about additional themes. Next month I have something even bigger planned, a theme that I think will fit in with the majority of Wow players, including another seasonal skin.
I bet its turkeys! Everybody loves turkeys!

Big ole round turkey behind the portrait of an epic mob?

Well.. maybe not
11-01-05, 07:03 AM   #19
T.King
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Remelio
I bet its turkeys! Everybody loves turkeys!

Big ole round turkey behind the portrait of an epic mob?

Well.. maybe not
Bah Remelio! the secret is out! =P LOL

I'm making Racial and Class based skins. The next one has already been designed, and it is aimed at the majority of World of Warcraft players.

I'll be busy all this week polishing the Undead Gothic theme, and I'll be posting the optional download decoration for this theme.

(edit)

I wanted to add a quick FYI - This is my first crack at the WoW interface, and it was all done last minute. So expect things to improve from here on out, as I get a feel for it.

Last edited by T.King : 11-01-05 at 05:39 PM.
11-07-05, 10:53 PM   #20
tharien
A Defias Bandit
You truly are the King. I wont be using your current interface as i play mostly alliance, but your work is well renoun. I, like many others, have followed your work since the early days of EQ and have never found a better artist. Everything from your class inventory images to your custom buttons is astounding (not to mention the work you've done outside the gaming world). Im overly joyed that you have made an appearence in this game as well and i look forward to your furture work.

~tharien

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » A Wow TK Undead UI Theme, just in time for Halloween