12-28-10, 12:28 AM   #1
logaholic
A Fallenroot Satyr
Importing ETA?

I know it was mentioned, but quite some time ago now, that it was in the works. But wondering if we can get a ETA for being able to import the mining and herb locations for the new cata zones.

Cause as it is im having to manually enter in all the known cords from wowhead then route the GOTO's. And its extreamly time consuming entering in over 100 nodes per zone just for 1 type of node.

If i knew how to do it myself to where they show up like all other nodes do...id do it. cause then it would be well worth the time.

12-28-10, 12:13 PM   #2
argetlam_mayonaka
A Murloc Raider
Well, seems like there is a large community here so if everyone were to take their farming toons and just get to farming all the herb and ore they came across and emailed it to the author, they could get them added to the DB. If there is just one person doing it, it'll take a really long time to get the DB up and working. But if quite a few do it, then it'll go quick. With the newest release, if you have CarboniteNodes enabled while you farm, it'll remember where all of the herb/ore you gather is by saving it in your saved variables folder. You then send in the file that goes with carbonitenodes and they get new data.

12-29-10, 07:04 PM   #3
bmtphoenix
A Fallenroot Satyr
You can try my suggestion here in the meantime...

01-01-11, 07:39 AM   #4
logaholic
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by bmtphoenix View Post
You can try my suggestion here in the meantime...
I have done something similar to that, but just saying it would be nice to see all the nodes in the zones i don't, or have not farmed in yet.

And the method i've used to find nodes is using the favorites, set up a new favorite for that zone and then dont add a 1st goto, just add goto's (ctrl+shift+click) and basically go crazy clicking all over the zone, stop recording then, select that favorite which then rotes it in the order clicked but then right clicking on the minimap (like u would to route current gather locations), and routing current goto's. which then plots the best path for your crazy clicked goto zone.

But then there are always area's as in any zone, where u may never see a herb of mining node for hours, so u then disregard that area.

But i think alot of the problem for it not being updated yet.....is that blizzard still has not fixed the instancing. As alot of nodes show up from a distance then dissapear, then re-appear when u fly away, regardless if you have done 0 quests in that zone or all of them.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Importing ETA?