12-29-10, 04:19 PM   #1
Shenarion
A Defias Bandit
Quest Locations not working indoors/in instances

A friend had me download and install carbonite recently. I love it so far except that quests dont seem to show locations in caves/indoors/in instances.

Is this a setting issue or is it a bug in carbonite?

He may have changed the settings when he installed it, I'm not sure. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Also another bit of information, the outdoors map has a little sliver showing on the right side while I'm indoors, and if I change the current quest the outdoor map adjusts to fit it, but not the indoor map that is showing over it.

Thanks!

12-29-10, 06:52 PM   #2
bmtphoenix
A Fallenroot Satyr
I don't think any questing addon has ever shown indoor locations...

12-29-10, 09:19 PM   #3
Shenarion
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by bmtphoenix View Post
I don't think any questing addon has ever shown indoor locations...
Really? With no addons it shows just an exclamation mark/question mark at the spot, so carbonite isnt supposed to do that?

Just have to wing it indoors?

12-29-10, 10:30 PM   #4
Rhaeven
A Murloc Raider
You'll notice if you turn off all mods, head inside an instance that you have a quest for and bring up the map, the default blizzard quest helper won't show you where to do the quest (or at least I don't think it does right now).

WoW provides less location information to you when you are inside an instance, it wasn't all that long ago that you couldn't even bring up a map in there!

As for indoors but not instanced, both WoW and Carbonite will give you quest areas on their maps for indoor locations. I think what you're seeing though, is that the minimap maximizes when you go inside, and the quest area is shown on carbonite's map, NOT the minimap. If you have the waypoint arrow up, it'll still show you the way.

12-29-10, 10:52 PM   #5
Shenarion
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Rhaeven View Post
You'll notice if you turn off all mods, head inside an instance that you have a quest for and bring up the map, the default blizzard quest helper won't show you where to do the quest (or at least I don't think it does right now).

WoW provides less location information to you when you are inside an instance, it wasn't all that long ago that you couldn't even bring up a map in there!

As for indoors but not instanced, both WoW and Carbonite will give you quest areas on their maps for indoor locations. I think what you're seeing though, is that the minimap maximizes when you go inside, and the quest area is shown on carbonite's map, NOT the minimap. If you have the waypoint arrow up, it'll still show you the way.

I'm pretty sure it does mark the location you need to go by default. I have done instances with people, and I will ask where we need to go, and they will just say "look at your map, it shows your quest" and... well it doesnt.

The map for the indoors and instances comes up, it just has no direction. The indicator for the selected quest (both the dotted arrows and the quest marker, such as a question mark) only show up outdoors. The map for indoors and instances is just plain with markers for myself and party mates... Not sure if that was understood or not.

12-30-10, 11:49 AM   #6
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We do indeed get locations inside a lot of instances now (if they have a map they typically have coordinates too). For some reason our captures insided instances aren't always working and we haven't tracked down the problem yet.

In the meantime, if you are in an instance and we are missing / have incorrect coordinates you can press ALT + M to bring up the default map.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Locations not working indoors/in instances