05-03-09, 06:22 PM   #1
wreck
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
nUI Fu

Scott, I'm working on a plugin to enable setting nUI options from a FuBar mod. At first it would link to the nUI_Config_GUI interface, but eventually I want to make it so that you can set many things via a pull down menu in FuBar.

However, before posting anything I'd like to get your permission to create an Icon for the plugin which will apear on FuBar. I'd use your nUI logo for that of course.

If not, I can do the plugin without the Icon, no sweat.

05-03-09, 07:11 PM   #2
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

sounds like a cool idea but just out of curiosity why fubar and not lib data broker so that all bar mods could use it? hint hint

05-03-09, 10:43 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
My brother's learnt how to make an addon using titan bar so I could try doing something similar for titan. But never really looked at ldb much if at all.

I'll check out both and see if I can figure it out if wreck wants to work in fubar itself.

05-04-09, 12:05 AM   #4
Baltharus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

i would def like to see a LDB version of this that would be nice

05-04-09, 04:15 AM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I have no problem with using the logo. My only concern would be the time and effort on your party that will be obsoleted given that a built in GUI is intended in the long run.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

05-04-09, 04:34 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Rofl Scott, doesn't worry me in the slightest. Something new to learn

Edit 1: Okay, this might take awhile. These all need to use Ace Libraries and I have never used them before so having to figure those out first

Edit 2: Hmm, well thought I was doing something wrong after looking at the DBM_LDB addon as it wasn't showing in titan panel. So installed DBM_LDB and that doesn't either. So looks like titan doesn't work with data broker addons so we would have to have a titan panel version anyway but this is fun so far so downloading DockingStation and seeing if that shows it.

Edit 3: Scratch that .. DBMs own icon has the right click set to use the LDB addon. So it is something I am doing wrong but can't see what yet.

Edit 4: Woot, got the first part working. It now displays and yaay .. bb option works perfectly. Using a combination of the nUI slash command listing and how Kodewulf set up his addon to get and set the options and execute the slash commands.

Edit 5: Well thats enough for today but apart from a few glitches I have about half or more of the commands set up and working. Slow but sure. At the moment the display text is the command itself to make it easier but it's having problems with the subcommands for like the hud. Something for tomorrow to do.

Last edited by Xrystal : 05-04-09 at 03:27 PM.

05-05-09, 11:34 AM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Grr, okay .. 2 steps forward 1 step back .. hmm nice song .. but I digress.

After finally finishing adding in the rest of the slash commands to the list I ran the game to find it is totally ignoring my set up somehow and displaying the wrong text but trying to execute the command I'm expecting which then goes wrong because it is using the information displayed.

So, shifting the code around and dissecting it to see if I can figure out where it is going wrong. But hey, nearly there

05-07-09, 06:29 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Whew finally.

While not perfect in regards to the floating point values for check mark and display purposes all of the current 5.0.3 options work. So putting this one up for people to play with.

05-08-09, 11:43 PM   #9
wreck
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Well, went on vacation to Vegas and I see that Xrystal has already put something together.

As to the time involved, it's worth the effort even if I only get to use it for a few months before the Official GUI is implemented

05-09-09, 05:15 AM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Feel free to do a fubar one if you want. Saves people having the fubartoldb addon to have it work if they have no other addons needing it I apologise if I spoiled your fun, I was only filling the void for titan and ldb users.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » nUI Fu