02-12-07, 10:30 AM   #201
Khameleon
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Brem
The mazzifier is very integral to using the UI. Part of the magic is it keeps track of turning things on for you. Turning them off outside of the mazzifier and then expecting the UI to know what you meant isn't going to work.

That's why it's released as a package and not as a collection of random interfaces. During the dark times without MazzleUI, I tried to build my own collection. What a frustrating mess. I appreciate that MazzleUI configures it all for me without the mass of conflicts and errors I got using addons. I too know what I'm doing, but its nice to have a UI do it for you.

It's obvious from a number of posts that you don't get the Context Menu. That's fine. Turn it off if you want. But it really is quite useful for things other than skills and telling people that its useless on the forums is also kinda unfair. In short, myself and many others find it useful. You may not. You have the option to turn it off.
Context Menu is very nice, its a fast way to access your skills and hearth, but if it isn't working with cycircled round buttons, then it is useless to me for now. I like the idea and if its fixed I will use it. For now, I can't use it as I enjoy the round button style. To me, context menu has a few bugs in this UI and should be fixed. If you are trying to tell me that I CANT use round buttons, then you are limiting my enjoyment of the UI and the cycircled shoulda never been in there then.

Also, there is no reason not to press /DUF or access the options to the addons using Fubar. Thats the whole point of Fubar is to have easy access to options as well as displaying some information on the bar.

I use the Mazzle button for some things, but I use slash commands and Fubar to access options for others.

If you add some addons to this package, which most people will, Mazzle will not have the detailed explanation for it in the menu, so you need to know how to use fubar and slash commands to use them.

I love the mazzifier and mazzleui options, they are excellent, but for some things it is much easier and quicker to use the regular way to get to options.

02-12-07, 11:53 AM   #202
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Khameleon
Context Menu is very nice, its a fast way to access your skills and hearth, but if it isn't working with cycircled round buttons, then it is useless to me for now. I like the idea and if its fixed I will use it. For now, I can't use it as I enjoy the round button style. To me, context menu has a few bugs in this UI and should be fixed. If you are trying to tell me that I CANT use round buttons, then you are limiting my enjoyment of the UI and the cycircled shoulda never been in there then..
He wasn't telling you what you can or can't use. He was saying that you are repeatedly making completely incorrect conclusions. And I have to agree. And I'd add that you do it quite often and, oddly enough, quite confidently.

And, there are no known bugs with the context menu. Cycircled has had issues with many add-ons in the past, and this is just one of the places it doesn't work. Fortunately, it has continually gotten better over time. In any case, the one place you may be correct is that I probably should not have included cyCircle in the package.

02-12-07, 11:57 AM   #203
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by marc31
Mazzlefizz wrote:

Can't be the above as those mods where turned off, same with Cycircle (i think that is what it is titled) and XRS.

And that is the question, what could be generating soo much memory in the UI then?

If nothing else, I wish to extend my appreciation of your work even if I am not able to run it; really liked the UI.

I love the built in switch on the looting, know of a mod that i can input in my UI if I am not able to get yours to function without crashing would be great.

Thank you for your time,

Marc31
I'm not sure. I haven't experienced anything like that. Did garbage collecting clear the memory, or did it stay that high? I assume you've tried to disable the addons you added, right?

I'd say you have two choices, either try to figure out which add-on is giving you problems (disable stuff until it goes away), or wait until the next patch. In it, WoW will have significantly new capabilities to help users determine which mods are using lots of memory while running. Personally, I'd try figure it out. It's quite odd that you're the only one experiencing it.

02-12-07, 11:59 AM   #204
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Pyrotechnik
Smart Debuff is indeed loaded but still refuses to show the panel
I'd try remazzifying the layout. If that doesn't work, try deleting the smartdebuff.lua file from your saved variables directory and see if that helps.

What aspect do you run at anyway? And the hotspot tooltip does mention it now, right?

02-12-07, 01:06 PM   #205
Pyrotechnik
A Murloc Raider
Hey Mazz

Im running at 1280x1024. The tooltip does mention it but not on the correct hotspot. Ive tried both a re-mazzify and a deletion of the .LUA, neither have worked
I really hope this can be fixed because as a Mage being able to decurse is a must as you are aware.

Other than this small issue I must say I LOVE your UI and feel compelled to thank you and congratulate you on a job well done.

Regards
Pyrotechnik

02-12-07, 01:25 PM   #206
Khameleon
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
He wasn't telling you what you can or can't use. He was saying that you are repeatedly making completely incorrect conclusions. And I have to agree. And I'd add that you do it quite often and, oddly enough, quite confidently.

And, there are no known bugs with the context menu. Cycircled has had issues with many add-ons in the past, and this is just one of the places it doesn't work. Fortunately, it has continually gotten better over time. In any case, the one place you may be correct is that I probably should not have included cyCircle in the package.
Hey 1st of all, I love your UI and thank you for your hard work, its incredible all the detail in this and all the instructions and all that you added.

Do you know if CyCircled's author knows about context menu then? I love your UI, have already spread it to many people, I just like everything to work perfectly so when it doesn't I like to try to get the fixes to it. cycircled was not working with bartender3 last week, now cycircled and bartender3 got together and its fixed.

Last edited by Khameleon : 02-12-07 at 01:33 PM.

02-12-07, 01:29 PM   #207
Mechrior
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

stupid lag

sorry to bother the community but I am experiancing massive amounts of lag when inside buildings / instances..... sometimes in the region of 5-10 seconds and sometimes 2-3 seconds of lag then a second of play then another 3 seconds of lag.....

I had a similar problem with version .75b and have it once again..... it seems to be only when i have something targeted.

im running on a
Windows XP (2002 SP1)
sempron 2400 (1.7Ghz)
1024mb RAM
3x 30Gb IDE HDD's
GeForce FX 5500 256Mb GPU
SB Audigy 2 Pro

MazzleUI on 5 chars using around 55mb memory
Problem is on my lvl 9 Gnome Mage
Mage button layout

extra addons
GarbageFu Prices
WIM
LocationFu
MetaHud

Will try and replicate on my other chars to see if ite only the mage......

02-12-07, 01:32 PM   #208
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Khameleon
Hey 1st of all, I love your UI and thank you for your hard work, its incredible all the detail in this and all the instructions and all that you added.

Do you know if CyCircled's author knows about context menu then? I love your UI, have already spread it to many people, I just like everything to work perfect so when it doesn't I like to try to get the fixes to it. cycircled was not working with bartender3 last week, now cycircled and bartender2 got together and its fixed.
I don't think he would really care about something that isn't released on its own, but you're welcome to ask him about.

The context menu was written by Tigerheart, and normally I would have asked him to look at it, but that's not really possible now. If the author is interested in looking at it, that would be great.

02-12-07, 01:34 PM   #209
Khameleon
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
I don't think he would really care about something that isn't released on its own, but you're welcome to ask him about.

The context menu was written by Tigerheart, and normally I would have asked him to look at it, but that's not really possible now. If the author is interested in looking at it, that would be great.
Ok ill try to ask about it, thx.

02-12-07, 02:30 PM   #210
sadwings
A Defias Bandit
Swstats issue

Having an issue where a mazzlefied SWstats is not showing my damage only others, sorry if this has been posted before but is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

playing on a mac.

02-12-07, 02:30 PM   #211
Cilas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm not sure what handles this particular function-it may not even be a Mazzle mod that's doing it. Sorry no screen shots for this.

Disenchanting multiple items in the same session will always show you the first item you disenchant in the text box.

For instance, if I disenchant a Big Bad Light Saber of the Bear, a Foo of the Whale and a Staff of the Widget, my text box says the following:

You disenchant a Big Bad Light Saber of the Bear

Obviously, this is just a display issue. But I thought I'd pass it along. No error message appears for this, nor is there anything in the Bugsack.

I'm running 1.6 resolution.
This character is a 29 BE Warlock running the Mazzle Warlock key layout.

I'm running no other addons.

02-12-07, 03:12 PM   #212
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by sadwings
Having an issue where a mazzlefied SWstats is not showing my damage only others, sorry if this has been posted before but is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

playing on a mac.
This has been reported, but there is currently no solution for it. We are not even sure what is causing it.

02-12-07, 03:42 PM   #213
UncleThursday
A Murloc Raider
Another bug I noticed before going back to my old UI.

Class: Druid
Level 63 at the time
Full Mazzification (first character to mazzify)
Ratio: 1024x768
Layout: Default Mazzle UI druid layout

When trying to learn a talent through the talent mod (I do not remember the name of it) used with the MazzleUI, I could not learn the talent without disabling the mod and using the default Blizzard UI talent menu.

No matter how many times, nor how fast or slowly I clicked, I could not learn a new talent through the talent mod.

I did not try on my 70 mage, because I already had all my talent points spent on my mage.

02-12-07, 03:46 PM   #214
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by UncleThursday
Another bug I noticed before going back to my old UI.

Class: Druid
Level 63 at the time
Full Mazzification (first character to mazzify)
Ratio: 1024x768
Layout: Default Mazzle UI druid layout

When trying to learn a talent through the talent mod (I do not remember the name of it) used with the MazzleUI, I could not learn the talent without disabling the mod and using the default Blizzard UI talent menu.

No matter how many times, nor how fast or slowly I clicked, I could not learn a new talent through the talent mod.

I did not try on my 70 mage, because I already had all my talent points spent on my mage.

You also did not try reading the FAQ, where there's a specific question that says "I have new talent points, but the UI won't let me spend them! Why must the man always try to keep me down?"

02-12-07, 05:12 PM   #215
Doobyman
A Murloc Raider
SRaidFrames don't display at all for me, I just get an error:

[2007/02/12 23:08:29-57-x1]: sRaidFrames\sRaidFramesOptions.lua:579: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
MazzleUI-1.0\MazzleUI_UnitFrames.lua:145: in function `LayoutRaid'
MazzleUI-1.0\MazzleUI_UnitFrames.lua:52: in function `RaidViewSet'
MazzleUI-1.0\MazzleUI_Fubar.lua:97: in function `func'
Dewdrop-2.0-25921 (DewdropLib):483: in function <...erface\AddOns\DewdropLib\Dewdrop-2.0\Dewdrop-2.0.lua:424>

My screen res is 1280 x 960

Hope this helps Mazzle, let me know if I didn't put the right info.

Last edited by Doobyman : 02-12-07 at 05:15 PM.

02-12-07, 06:36 PM   #216
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

My guess is you either updated sRaid on your own or the preloader isn't loaded.

02-12-07, 06:46 PM   #217
kirson
A Murloc Raider
Mazz,

Since GarbageFu is out of dev I thought I would pass on an observation and a quick solution to one issue.

Line 13 in GarbageFu_Sell.lua is supposed to check if self.db.profile.sellallbutton is set to 1 or not but unfortunately the code doesn't work. I can't explain why... perhaps its a variable expansion issue or a call timing issue im not sure. End result is the GarbageFu setting for whether to show this or not doesn't effect whether or not it is shown.
You can however substitute

if self.db.profile.sellallbutton then
MerchantFrame.sellAllButton:Show();
else
MerchantFrame.sellAllButton:Hide();
end

for self:ShowSellAllButton(); which seems to be very similar when you read its definition but doesn't do the trick. Perhaps you will see the missing link i'm not seeing.

Also I wanted to suggest you consider Autoprofit's sell routine as a replacement for garbagefu's sell routine. If you install it and try it i think you will see why. This mod is the reason for my discovery of the GarbageFu setting issue.

http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=3537

Just some things to consider.

02-12-07, 06:58 PM   #218
jeegro
A Murloc Raider
Description of what happened and what led to it. What mazzifier settings you used, if applicable. : Basic setup, almost 100% not a mazzle bug
If there's an error message, the exact error. You can click on the bugsack icon to get the full error. Simple cut and paste it from that window into your bug report. NO error
Your aspect ratio or resolution 1.66 1440x900
Class, level, race Warrior 70 undead
Which button layout you chose (if it has to do with buttons) warrior joypunks layout
Any extra add-ons you may be using
A screenshot, if applicable

It seems, randomly, FuBar is not happy with my mac. When I try to right click the bar in fullscreen, my mouse changes to the mac mouse-icon, and right clickign is not possible.
Changing to windowed mode fixes this (then change back).. but then minimap goes black (known mac bug) lawl... Console reloadui seems to bring the problem back

Hope that made sense

02-12-07, 07:53 PM   #219
amz370
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
well it's not white, it's black

as per my last message which went un answered when ever i mess with this ui, my mini map goes black and my spell cast bar (which is being replaced any ways) gets a big black abr over it

any ideas

02-12-07, 09:09 PM   #220
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by kirson
Mazz,

Since GarbageFu is out of dev I thought I would pass on an observation and a quick solution to one issue.

Line 13 in GarbageFu_Sell.lua is supposed to check if self.db.profile.sellallbutton is set to 1 or not but unfortunately the code doesn't work. I can't explain why... perhaps its a variable expansion issue or a call timing issue im not sure. End result is the GarbageFu setting for whether to show this or not doesn't effect whether or not it is shown.
You can however substitute

if self.db.profile.sellallbutton then
MerchantFrame.sellAllButton:Show();
else
MerchantFrame.sellAllButton:Hide();
end

for self:ShowSellAllButton(); which seems to be very similar when you read its definition but doesn't do the trick. Perhaps you will see the missing link i'm not seeing.

Also I wanted to suggest you consider Autoprofit's sell routine as a replacement for garbagefu's sell routine. If you install it and try it i think you will see why. This mod is the reason for my discovery of the GarbageFu setting issue.

http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=3537

Just some things to consider.

Thank you for the thoughtful post. I'll definitely check that out.

I'm not sure that garbagefu is actually abandoned though. I've seen a few minor updates of late. What do you think of Autoprofit?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Bug Report Thread OLD