03-22-07, 10:01 PM   #1
Elaana
An Aku'mai Servant
Custom HUD question...

Okay, so I fell in love with the Nurfed HUD designs I found and was going to attempt to replace my MazzleHUD for one of these. The problem? I can't download from RapidShare. My solution? Just edit the textures for a different hud myself. Trouble is, I dont' really know how to go about it. It would be easier if I could find the textures for the Mazzle HUD as I like the colors it uses. What program do I need to use to edit them? Where do I even find the MazzleHUD files?

If this isn't an option is there another place to download nurfedHUD textures? I want the old Phoenix hud, Victorian Butterfly, or Tribal. I'm absolutely in love with the designs and was sooo bummed out to find tha I can't get them because of the "file not found" error I get when I try to download ANYTHING off of RapidShare....

I also want to know what sort of compatibility this will have with MazzleUI? I love the UI, just not the HUD . I'm going to change the artwork around as soon as I either figure out how to do it or find somebody who has an art layout that I like. The HUD is something I may be able to handle myself, though, if it's really as simple as I think it is. Just replacing one texture with another, right? I was gonna try it out with ArcHUD but if I could find the MazzleHUD files that might be easier.

Thanks for any help anybody can offer.
03-22-07, 10:22 PM   #2
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't think it will be as easy as you're currently envisioning it. There are multiple art files that are positioned to overlap each other in a certain way. Unless your art is of the exact same dimensions, you'll probably need to edit the code that sets up the HUD. If you don't want to use mine, you're probably better off just downloading a stand-alone HUD.
03-22-07, 10:31 PM   #3
Elaana
An Aku'mai Servant
Huh. I sure wish I wasn't so computer-impaired or I'd make it work. Thanks anyway though :P
03-23-07, 08:29 PM   #4
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Elaana
Okay, so I fell in love with the Nurfed HUD designs I found and was going to attempt to replace my MazzleHUD for one of these. The problem? I can't download from RapidShare. My solution? Just edit the textures for a different hud myself.
Or you could simply have a friend download the layout and email it to you.

Personally, I've been running my dragon hud layout with mazzle, and it works fine. My version however is a complete rip, nothing remains of nurfed but the hud. Don't know how the original NurfedUI will do with Mazzle.

03-23-07, 10:01 PM   #5
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Therok
Or you could simply have a friend download the layout and email it to you.

Personally, I've been running my dragon hud layout with mazzle, and it works fine. My version however is a complete rip, nothing remains of nurfed but the hud. Don't know how the original NurfedUI will do with Mazzle.

could you email me that HUD? I really like it.

pm for my email address.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
03-24-07, 06:55 AM   #6
Elaana
An Aku'mai Servant
Or you could simply have a friend download the layout and email it to you
But you see, that would be smart

I'll try that out. Maybe I can find somebody with better luck with Rapidshare lol
03-25-07, 01:04 AM   #7
brujer
A Fallenroot Satyr
I was able to locate the file for the dragon hud on the nurfed site. What do I need to cut out of mazzle and where do i put the info in the file? What should the path be? Thanks. I'm a noob!

the file contains...12 different .tga files and one layout lua file.
03-25-07, 01:30 AM   #8
themcity
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations

where did u get that skin for mazzle?
03-25-07, 07:14 AM   #9
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by themcity
where did u get that skin for mazzle?
I made it, but I chucked it for the one I posted a page or two ago in the skins thread.
03-25-07, 08:06 AM   #10
brujer
A Fallenroot Satyr
so, any help with the HUD file? I just can't figure out where to put the files I downloaded from HERE
03-25-07, 09:31 AM   #11
brujer
A Fallenroot Satyr
Okay, well I finally figured out what to do with the twin dragon HUD

You have to download Nurfed, Nurfed options, and the file I posted above. You then have to import the layout through the nurfed options. Then you delete the nurfed frames through the nurfed options and there ya go. I am still running into two little problems that you guys may be able to help with...

The player side of the HUD is not fading out when not in combat so I'm stuck with a little dragon on the left side. Any ideas on how to get it to only pop up in combat?

The other small problem is that the Mazzle HUD is still there. As soon as I initiate combat, the original Hud pops up. What files do I need to remove to get rid of that?

No offense to Mazzle. I love the UI. You have done an amazing job and I can't play WoW without it. The weeks between the original release and the BC release were torture.
03-25-07, 12:58 PM   #12
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant
You can disable the mazzle HUD in the mazzle options. It will still appear for a split second when you first log in, but will dissapear once the game loads fully.

As for the Dragon HUD, I had to add the OOC fading myself. Theres a script someone posted on the nurfed forums on how to add ooc fading, but that particular way of doing it will fade out even when mana/health are not full. I prefer having mine fade only when health and mana are full, so I wrote my own.

Also, while removing the extra frames will leave you with only the HUD, if you look through the 'general' options and the nurfed .lua files you'll see that there is still a lot of non-hud stuff going on in there, like auto-repair at vendors, auto-invite, etc.... You'll want to make sure to turn all that stuff off.

If you want to just download my version, I've already ripped out the extra libs, frames, etc... and added the OOC fading. It's available over at the all deuce UI forums, in a sticky post in the general thread: http://alldeuceui.osgamers.com/forums/
03-25-07, 02:29 PM   #13
brujer
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks a bunch Therok!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Custom HUD question...