04-27-09, 12:57 PM   #1
Wraithbourne
A Defias Bandit

Unhappy nUI and a Paranoia Feature?

Hey there. While I hate to admit it, sometimes I like to know where the enemy is so that if I am playing my Mage I know whether to run or not, or if I am playing my Death Knight to go for it. I mainly use these types of addons in Main cities where they tend to raid to get the King.

The ones I have used are of course Paranoia until it quit working properly after the patch. Then I switched to Carbonite and it's 'Punk List' which I realy liked so that I knew who to 'run from' or not to worry about too much. Though as you, Scott, have mentioned REALLY slows things down in game. Can anyone help in finding something that works or is it possible to add something to the UI that would help 'Paranoid' people like myself? I know that I just need to figure out how to play my Mage better, but I dont think that is going to happen anytime soon...lol. Thanks for any help you can give.

05-03-09, 11:57 AM   #2
Screid123
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In the past, I've found WitchHunt to be a very useful Addon in BGs and PvP areas. It alerts you when spells are being cast around/near you. You'd have to configure it to only look for non-NPCs (otherwise you could get notified about EVERYTHING in the gameworld) but after a few hours of running in "learning mode" it works pretty flawlessly. The addon works standalone, or can be output through SCT or Mik's.

05-03-09, 02:22 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Spell Alerter does a similar thing and can be configured to show the name of the source and target of any spell being cast.

I used to use it when I tanked Krosh so I could see the moment he got the shield and was casting fire bolts.

05-03-09, 02:44 PM   #4
Wraithbourne
A Defias Bandit

Sweeeeet

Thanks a lot guys. I have even been toying with the idea of maybe picking up the Paranoia add-on and seeing if a guy could even mix a few of Carbonite's Punk features such as pinging the general area where the enemy might be. Though I admit that I know hardly anything about this type of programing. HTML...I can more or less do a fair job of it.
What do you think?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » nUI and a Paranoia Feature?