02-24-09, 05:25 PM   #941
Dimpf
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons

Trying to give a sense of what actually happens in combat with my UI. A lot goes on that you don't get to see with an OOC shot Missed a bunch of things, though :/

Right side of my char, I have SCT heals (non-raid, because it's spammy in raid, and I don't like changing the filter every time).

Below I have cat debuffs.

Above, I have CC timers (maim/bash/cyclone/etc).

Last edited by Dimpf : 02-24-09 at 05:27 PM.

02-24-09, 11:45 PM   #942
Rhaethe
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

I'm still fiddling with mine. Settling into one, though ... which will change as soon as I get my new widescreen monitor.

I am undecided on whether or not I like the bttom artwork or just leave it bare.

And I need to do something with those dang minimap buttons. And name that pet I just tamed, too. So much to do!

With artwork

Without artwork

02-25-09, 01:55 AM   #943
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Screenshot from the game:

New UI art. Found this from a game called Masters of Belial. Its freaking awesome! All I have done so far is bring in the art. I need feed back on the minimap. Keep the art and use what i have or make a round minimap and put it under the graphic/part of the middle top graphic.

Unit frames I haven't touched yet. Placement and art work are still in the works

oh and my new kick ass mount woo hoo!

02-25-09, 04:38 AM   #944
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Wow Elloria, that does look amazing! I hope you plan to release that sometime for download as I think it is just superb. And of course grats on the mount, I hate you! Just kidding

As far as the minimap I think it looks great where its at, all in all I think you have a great looking ui and once you figure out what to do about the unitframes it will look even better.

- Winston Churchill

Last edited by Miralen : 02-25-09 at 04:44 AM.

02-25-09, 05:44 AM   #945
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Very nice artwork there Elloria

02-25-09, 10:31 AM   #946
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I'd move the minimap down a touch, Elloria. So it has the same spacing from the info blocks as they have from eachother.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-25-09, 12:02 PM   #947
lanacan
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Very nice artwork there Elloria
/ditto

02-25-09, 07:15 PM   #948
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Just got home from work. sorry for the late response! Thank you for all of your feedback guys. This art really caught my eye and i thought it would work perfect for wow. I want to keep this minimal so i plan on using very clean easy to read unit frames. I may not even use any art around them, although they might stand out too much if i dont add any art. But i have a fresh mind tonight and happy to be home. Time to get to work!

Ill tell you one thing having my Bamboo fun pad has made this process so much more fun. I have so much more control over my mouse now when im editing/cleaning up/prepping art for wow. love love love it

edit: You know....looking at the original game, and seeing how they have the player frame. I wonder how well that would work for the player unit frame. At the same time i want the UI to be useful, and i know it would be weird getting used to the odd placement of unit frames.

Last edited by Elloria : 02-25-09 at 07:16 PM. Reason: i change my mind too much :(

02-25-09, 07:40 PM   #949
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I like that player frame myself, though I'd be more prone to put the portrait between the power and health bars (if possible). Positioning is easy enough to fix if users don't like the spawn point.

Matter of fact, I'd love to do a oUF layout with this style. It's too bad I suck at graphics .

As always, very nice Elloria.

02-25-09, 07:56 PM   #950
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Ty <3 Btw I got my pvp icons moved on that vector ui i made. All we had to do was edit the lay out i was using. lol a no brainer right? I feel kinda dumb asking all those questions when it was so simple! i really appreciate your help yhor

as for the unit frame i wonder if i did the player frame like that how i could do the target frame. One part of me just wants to make the unit frames where i always put them. I really don't want ot have to re do it when people can't stand the placement of the unit frames. gah too many thoughts XD

edit: what ill do is make two styles and post em on here and see what you guys think. I have some ideas in my head now hehe

02-25-09, 09:24 PM   #951
Shestak
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Elloria View Post

New UI art. Found this from a game called Masters of Belial. Its freaking awesome! All I have done so far is bring in the art. I need feed back on the minimap. Keep the art and use what i have or make a round minimap and put it under the graphic/part of the middle top graphic.

Unit frames I haven't touched yet. Placement and art work are still in the works

oh and my new kick ass mount woo hoo!
Please, share you textures.

02-25-09, 10:15 PM   #952
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

You know I will

02-26-09, 12:51 AM   #953
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

First unit frame idea. thoughts?

02-26-09, 01:22 AM   #954
Miralen

All I can say is WOW! Those look amazing!

I would like to suggest placing the targets target name in the bar if you plan to leave it there. I think those look great as my first sentence says . but looking forward to see what you plan to do for the other unitframes your working on.

- Winston Churchill

02-26-09, 10:16 AM   #955
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Nice Elloria. I agree about ToT name. Also, the minimap does look better spaced from the top bar a bit, but I think you moved it a touch too far. Distance between the info boxes on the top is this much: |--|, so distance between the box and the minimap should be this much: |--| (currently, it's this much: |----|)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-26-09, 06:05 PM   #956
Miralen

hehe seerah, I was going to mention something about the minimap but didnt know how to put it. but all in all I really like the lay out of it all, again looking forward to seeing anything else you plan to throw in there

- Winston Churchill

02-26-09, 09:24 PM   #957
Gupux
A Kobold Labourer

Memory usage only about 250kb

02-26-09, 11:49 PM   #958
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Elloria,

Incredible work there. I'm not one to really use much art in my UI's but this is VERY tempting.

May I suggest "attaching" the unit frames to the bottom art somehow. Kinda like how you did with the minimap. Maybe some sort of leafy branch platform they can sort of "rest" on.

Keep up the good work.

02-27-09, 12:30 AM   #959
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

You know its funny you say that. Because that is exactly what i did hehe. Ive gotten wonderful responses from everyone. great ideas

still getting used to pitbull 4. Im hoping i can put the text where i want it. I improved the minimap graphic. I added a shine to the minimap as well as fixing the top of the graphic (it was cut off)

Should i get rid of the white gradient in the portrait frame?

02-27-09, 12:36 AM   #960
Miralen

Personally I think I prefer the first unitframes you posted. I would like to make a suggestion, if you could change the background on the boxes that show your frame rate, gold and latency and what not, the letters and numbers are kind of tought to ready. maybe a little darker wood texture.

- Winston Churchill

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...