09-08-10, 10:11 PM   #1
zus
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy need help with ui/addons

so ive been downloading countless ui's to see if any will work on my wow but to no luck. every single ui i download i just end up with a mess of addons on my screen even after i change profiles, use reflux, follow all the instructions to the t i still get nothing. also with the WTF folders my acount name is in numbers? i seriously dont know what to do im sick of the blizzard ui and just want something different any help would be greatly appreciated
09-08-10, 10:25 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, you could try just installing individual addons you think would benefit you, and configuring them yourself. Most addons work "out of the box" and require little configuration to be usable, even if they do offer additional options for customization. This also has the advantage in that you know exactly what each part of your UI does, and you set everything up to meet your needs, whereas with a compilation, you're trying to adapt your playstyle to someone else's UI choices and most likely have stuff on your screen you'll never use.
09-09-10, 03:47 PM   #3
Porsha
A Black Drake
Are you making sure you are renaming the downloaded WTF files correctly and the correct folders? Cause. if you are downloading a compulation pack, all the profiles are in the WTF so you must change the names of the WTF to match your account and a character name on your account. Most you download have instructions on how and where to make changes.

Should not have a bunch of jumbled mess in game if you follow directions correctly.

Sorry (
09-09-10, 04:10 PM   #4
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

Try ncUI, freeui or TukUI (google this one) as they require very little renaming and work right out of the box.

09-09-10, 07:03 PM   #5
Unkn
Premium Member

You've got to be doing something incorrectly. If not one compilation is working for you.

Either you are running wow out of a different install... Its possible. I have 1 internal and 2 external hard drives, I have back ups of wow on the 2 externals, so should comp crash I don't have to fresh install.

Or you are missing something vital in the renaming/installing process.... unzipping, putting folders in correct location, playing on a private server instead of live(please don't be one of those that thinks authors support their addons for private servers)...

Other option is you are running on a Vista/7 os... and for some reason aren't administrator. And don't have dl/install privledges. Wow can be funky with this protected system. So if this is the case, get the comp admin to give you access for a couple hours so you can install the comps/addons.

Last edited by Unkn : 09-09-10 at 07:04 PM. Reason: wall of text ftl... fix'd

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » need help with ui/addons