04-01-09, 07:21 PM   #121
Duugu
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Waaaaaaaaaah

It took me 5 minutes to calm down and to realize what's going on.

btw: You owe me a new keyboard.
04-01-09, 07:42 PM   #122
mundocani
A Defias Bandit
You guys rock. Blizzard's RP-ifier in the forums is fun, but this really has a lot of people reeling! Nicely done
04-01-09, 09:17 PM   #123
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
All I can say is

I actually called my friend on the phone to tell him this news .. and right in the middle of explaining it to him i slapped myself in the forehead ...

Nice one .. real nice.
04-01-09, 09:30 PM   #124
Artanis186
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hmmmm, this completely got me, then I sarted readng through some of the posts and remembered the day it is. Nice one Blizz.. but there is always the possibility that it' true. I mean look at the Panda race one for WC3. It wasn't completely true, but they did add a panda hero in somewhere along the lines. Who's to say this isn't possible? If it is included, then Blizz should give people the option to give em for free. It would make things in WoW a bit cooler. Although the loss of addon sites such as this would be a loss to many. I'm new, but I already love this place. Plus, if this site was lost, who would we go to for addon help?
04-01-09, 10:33 PM   #125
86d
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation This has gotta be an april fools prank

One it would take to much memory.
two I can't see wow shutting down these companies like curse etc.
three why is this not mentioned on their website
4 its just doesnt make sensee
04-01-09, 11:01 PM   #126
Jeania
An Aku'mai Servant

lol as Cairenn said, she had blocked some of the posts giving it away xD my post was w/o seeing any replies except hers and the guy who said he was going to miss everyone and goodbye xD lol she sent me a pm reassuring me lmao

I read it too early, I don't consider it the next day until I sleep and er...lmao I was a bit behind on the sleep xD

lol gotta admit guys, that was pretty dang awesome ^^ lol I went from tears to laughing when I read the email ^^ Sad thing is, I didn't read the addon on names, but lol relooked after talking to her, and a Blizz staff pick is "Your Mom" lol. lmao got a kick outta that xD

lots of love to WoWui ^^ and I still wtb the graphic xD

edit: gotta admit though, it does give a bit of perspective on the supporting of the addons (to myself, at least) I gotta admit, going to try a lil harder to do what I can to support the addons that these lovely people give to us (and to the site itself ^^)

lol now I'm gonna go play my game dangit, with my zillions of addons lovely embracing my beloved screen xD

"You never really learn much from hearing yourself talk." ~ George Clooney

*۝*Jeania/Anjelie ~ Dalaran*۝*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Jeania : 04-01-09 at 11:03 PM. Reason: because I can, dangit ^^ xD
04-02-09, 05:10 AM   #127
Aucturus
A Defias Bandit
happy and sad lol...

Very nice .... totally had me fooled for a min ....
but in that min I was very happy too .... for users ... and for the addon developers ...
for users because we won't have to worry about the addon going out of date etc. etc. and for the developers because lets face it ....
some addons take hours to develop and that is precious time out of a persons life ... and involves much effort.... and developers get so little in return other than applause ....
they deserve to be paid for the great service they provide us ... they are human too they have lives too ... they need the money too ...
frankly I have paid (donated) in the past and will so willingly pay in the future to any developer that makes a addon that is worthwhile ....
love to all those great developers out there ... and WOWI ppl too ... maybe some day they will have a online shop for addons and it will not be ridiculously expensive and within any persons budget ... good luck ...
hopefully it will in co-operation with blizzard but a third party site so all the money goes to the developers and not corporates ...
04-02-09, 09:56 AM   #128
Geebles
A Murloc Raider
/sigh

I wrote a whole angry post about this lol

But it actually went with something semi-related I heard the other day
04-02-09, 08:37 PM   #129
Bomyne
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Not funny...

I was hoping this was for real...
04-03-09, 08:33 AM   #130
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
/facepalm

Zoot was being sarcastic, Yhor.

Also, the UI Designer position is not new. It is a position to design the base UI.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-03-09, 02:21 PM   #131
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
/facepalm

Zoot was being sarcastic, Yhor.
I know, I was just ribbing a little, while raising a 'semi-serious' question.

Edit: Removed content that apparently pissed someone off, or contributed to ill feelings and loss of sanity. Removed my post that Seerah responded to as well for the same reason.

Last edited by Yhor : 04-05-09 at 12:48 AM.
04-10-09, 06:40 AM   #132
udiya
A Murloc Raider
I can't believe I actualy read this...
I checked the date after...
04-12-09, 06:54 PM   #133
mornaistar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

ahah it still got me 13 days later!

i was going all emo and thinking about suicide!

THANKS GOD!
04-14-09, 12:55 PM   #134
Teathief
A Kobold Labourer
Angry Sigh, I'm afraid to say I made it to the community site.

First time I've smoked in about a year.

I actually got to the general forums on the community site to protest.

Deleted before it hit 5 pages though, blizzards forum mods must have known
what my post was about.

This evil post needs to be taken down now. >_>
04-17-09, 02:51 PM   #135
fadej
A Kobold Labourer

got me on the 17th of April so i didnt even think of April fools day... i was of mixed emotions for the 5 min after reading the OP. then read the replies of others to read there reactions and bam april fools! so i go back and check the date and sure enough i was fooled 16 days after it was meant to fool people lmao
04-19-09, 08:32 AM   #136
Zubgrub
A Murloc Raider
I'm not sure what made me smile more....the op or the people that responded like it was real. Of course, most of those folks could be pulling your leg as well. Good one.
04-28-09, 08:08 AM   #137
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Alright, now...

...so, I'm doing some serious hardcore research with the search terms "addon, add-on, blizzard, wow," and this turns up. This is the first time I've seen it, and it isn't April Fools' anymore! That almost had the worst impact on my research. ><

Cairenn, you clearly had Arcane Brilliance active. Well done.

@ Developers: Get me a "your mom" button NAO. It needs to sense, track, and ignore Trade trollers while spamming them "your mom" psts every time they post to Trade.

04-28-09, 01:42 PM   #138
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Heheheh, blame Dolby, he's the one that came up with the concept. This was just at the tail-end of the whole bruhaha over the new UI AddOn Dev policy and when Dolby suggested it to me I completely jumped on it. We put the whole thing together in less than 24 hrs. He made the "screenshot" and I wrote up the text of the post. It was a brilliant April Fool's joke.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » More Upcoming 3.1 AddOn Changes