11-22-11, 10:52 AM   #1
sarulatpg
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy Not registering 4.22 update

Hi!
I'm having some problems with the upgrade to 4.22 (been off the game for a while, just got back). I installed it correctly, I see all the updated files in my add ons folder and see all four carbonite folders. My WoW addons button says I'm using 4.22, but my curse client says I'm using 4.012 and when I log in to the game, my carbonite tells me I'm running an old version and that I need to update it.
I'm running Windows 7, and I've been told there are 2 games folders, but I can only find a WoW folder in Program Files (I don't even have a Games folder under Users).
Any help with this matter would be appreciated!
11-22-11, 05:25 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Assuming you're on Windows 7 or Vista... Remove WoW from Program Files - it should't be installed there. (I thought the default install path wasn't even there anymore for those systems...) You can just move it (drag or copy/paste) to a location outside of the Program Files directory.

/edit: herpderp - you said you're on 7 ><
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-22-11, 11:20 PM   #3
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As far as I know, WoW installs into C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft on Windows Vista only. On Windows 7/XP it installs into C:\Program Files for 32bit systems and C:\Program Files (x86) for 64bit.

User Account Control (UAC) was changed in Windows 7 to let programs write to their own folders again. In Windows Vista, you had to give programs Administrator privileges to do so. This is the reason Blizzard decided to install into a folder without a restrictive Access Control List (ACL) on Windows Vista.
11-23-11, 03:52 AM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

Have you looked at your Curse Client settings (Tools > Options > Games & Addons) to see where it is looking for your WoW installation? If it's looking somewhere other than where you are running WoW from (check the target of the shortcut you use to open WoW), delete the extra copy of WoW, and tell the Curse Client where to look for your real installation by clicking the Add A Game button on the Games & Addons options tab (if it doesn't find it automatically).
11-23-11, 09:34 AM   #5
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Also worth noting is there are reports in the Carbonite forums of people getting the "out of date " message in game. It is a built in feature letting you know that the mods not been updated in a while and you should look for a newer version. So you may in fact be running the correct version and still get the error message.

The dev's have mentioned a 4.3 version being worked on so hopefully the problem will be solved soon. .

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Not registering 4.22 update